JohnMC 19-Nov-21
standswittaknife 19-Nov-21
standswittaknife 20-Nov-21
Quinn @work 20-Nov-21
Pat Lefemine 20-Nov-21
standswittaknife 20-Nov-21
ki-ke 20-Nov-21
12-Nov-21
FInally!! After three years of planning, delays, and COVID tests we fly out to Canadian Trophy Quest tomorrow. I’m going to attempt to do a semi live hunt for the four of us headed up.. flying out of Denver tomorrow.. long day through Toronto then Saskatoon.. anyone else pack like I do? Two dogs and a kitty cat.. then other stuff..

12-Nov-21

standswittaknife's embedded Photo

12-Nov-21

12-Nov-21
Enjoy the cold, the long sits and kill a giant!! Good luck!!

14-Nov-21
In Saskatoon without three of our bags but all bows made it.. waiting

14-Nov-21
Enjoy! Not sure if they got dumped on like we did here, but we’ve got like a foot of snow now

14-Nov-21
Saskatoon’s airport is a trip.. came back to get rental truck and pray our bags arrive in this next flight..it’s 10:20 and I’m literally one of the only souls here..

14-Nov-21
Well three bags short but headed north.. supposed to have them delivered ASAP.. not the best but what we have…

14-Nov-21
Wish you the best on your adventure. Hope the bags make it.

16-Nov-21

Still no bags but hopefully today .. said they got rerouted from Denver to Vancouver and flew in from Vancouver yesterday. How the hell that happens is beyond me but we have enough gear to hunt. Yesterday was a good day everyone so lots of deer but no shooter bucks.. Cold and snowy today finally in the blind. This is the only buck i saw yesterday..

16-Nov-21
Best of luck!

16-Nov-21

Thx Russ.. sleeting now and moving to snow later.. nothing seen yet for me.. my window for the day

16-Nov-21
Mobile image tool is now working so it seems i cannot adjust the small buck pic above..

16-Nov-21
looks like some beautiful country...

good luck!! hope all of your stuff shows up soon

16-Nov-21
Good luck Danny!

16-Nov-21
Following this. Good luck!

16-Nov-21

Mark just text me these two pics of the two bucks he passed on today so far.. The one that’s really heavy had such a narrow base he decided to pass but it really heavy unique dear

16-Nov-21

16-Nov-21
It would be hard for me to judge headgear on those bucks, the bodies are so big compared to what I hunt. Good luck !

16-Nov-21
Looks cold!

16-Nov-21
Have a little Over an hour left of daylight and have yet to see one deer…

16-Nov-21
And still no damn word on our bags that Canada Air flew through Vancouver yesterday after leaving them in Denver for two days.. have no clue if/ when we’ll see our gear again..

16-Nov-21
Air Canada’s motto is

“We’re Not Happy till You’re Not Happy!”

16-Nov-21
Finally had four does come in that last light.. Was hoping may be a buck was in tow but wasn’t. Severe storm warning and snow is kicking in over the night.

16-Nov-21
Get your bags yet?

17-Nov-21
Finally!! Got a call from a courier and should be here today.. what a pain.. it’s snowing and blowing like hell outside s today will be interesting.. i had a long day yesterday but all others had good action though no one has seen a shooter yet.. snow is supposed to stop around noon.. hopefully the winds don’t mess it all up.. we’ll be in blinds today again..

17-Nov-21
what kind of temps are you dealing with up there?

what is everyone wearing as far as gear goes? And is everyone sharing to make up what did not show up??

great pics!

17-Nov-21
Good luck today. When the wind lets up, it could get real busy!! I predict some bucks will hit the ground today.

17-Nov-21
Great news on the gear Danny. I'm trying to picture you wearing one of Tim's shirts with about 6" of your forearm showing! I think your luck will be changing soon also. Stay warm!

17-Nov-21
Temps are a high of 25 today.. supposed to get colder colder than over the next two days because it’s clearing. Our gear that we are having to use are bib overalls and jackets set they have stored away. Cant wait till I get my first lite newer stuff because it’s inherently warmer and much quieter to draw my bow. But not bitching because the guides have done everything They can to get us something So we can hunt. About 6” of new snow.

17-Nov-21
Looks like fun!!!

Best of luck, stick a bruiser.

17-Nov-21
Good luck! Keep at it!

17-Nov-21
As for deer sightings so far a much better day than yesterday. I don’t have great service but I’ve seen several does, many could be duplicates and three bucks. None of the bucks even close to being shooters. So far, pit of six hunters (3 rifle and 3 bows) in camp not one has seen a buck considered a shooter or anything over 135 inches.. Hoping that changes today

17-Nov-21
Air Canada doesn’t like hunters. Avoid if possible.

18-Nov-21

Yesterday one Ten pt was killed by a rifle hunter nice dear probably in the 140s. Everyone else seem to have action but a snowstorm I think kept it somewhat slow. Unfortunately one of our parties but I was completely blew up last night while shooting it.. he’s out of commission until we can get it fixed which really sucks coming this far. Strings were fine must’ve rolled off the cams somehow. Tried like hell to get the strings back on last night with a makeshift bow press but just couldn’t get it to work. Sounds like there’s a guy locally that might be able to work on it so we’re praying.. Going to a new set up this morning that’s got about 150 inch 160 inch buck hitting finally.. here’s a picture of my view from yesterday. Didn’t have much service so I can post pics. Was kind of cool because I actually sat in one of the original versions of a double bull blind.. I wonder how many of these are still left out there?

18-Nov-21
Damn that sucks about the bow! That’s one of my greatest fears while on a hunting trip. Is he opposed to using a rifle until it gets fixed?

Goes without saying but he can turn an inconvenient situation into a completely destroyed compound if it’s not pressed correctly. That’s one of the things I really liked about the new Mathews bow and that ingenious service cable thing. He’d be back up and operational in five minutes without any kind of bow press.

Good luck up there. Sounds like they may be in lockdown? This is when the giants appear but it can be a little hit or miss.

18-Nov-21
Ya Pat. This really sucks for him.. He just bought this elite enkore for this trip brand new.. he’s trying to get it fixed today.. Rob’s a little shy on letting him use someone else’s rifle in the event a game warden comes.. apparently a big no no..

18-Nov-21
You are there at the perfect time and if you can get a break in the weather, you'll see bucks. Likely big bucks, because they are there. Every minute on stand increases your chances, because you both just have to be there at the same time.

Good luck, stay alert and just keep thinking "any minute now!"

18-Nov-21
Lots of little buck action today. Was ientertained by two small 8s snort weezing and posturing for about ten mins. Seen 8 deer so far.

18-Nov-21
It's picking up!!

18-Nov-21
I’ve had an absolutely amazing day as I’ve seen 10 different bucks, 3 does being chased, countless others and just drilled (i think) a really big deer!! Not sure if it’s the adrenaline or the fact that it’s 19° but I am shaking like a leaf. Ok maybe more like convulsing.!I told Rob to give me an hour to an hour and a half just to make sure. I’m gonna sit tight in the blind until he shows up..

18-Nov-21
Way to go Danny!!! Hope it's a good shot and get a hero pic soon!

18-Nov-21
Nice!!

18-Nov-21
Thx Russ… I’ll post pictures later when I get better reception but I had a really nice wide 8 point to come in they should’ve been ten What are you doing grow any brow times.. Elected to pass on him sure glad i did..

18-Nov-21
Awesome

18-Nov-21
A nice eight point should have been 10.. My hands r freezing sorry

18-Nov-21
Awesome! Love the updates Can't wait for pics

18-Nov-21
I've been following this from the beginning. I love it! If I'm not there this is the next best thing. I can almost feel the excitement after the shot. I hope he's piled up at the end of a short blood trail!!!

18-Nov-21
Found him!!!!! 60 yards .. same angle as Pats shot.. waited two hours for Richard and Rob to get here.. pics later

18-Nov-21
Right on dude!! Putting some pressure on Tim now. :)

18-Nov-21

18-Nov-21
Wow! Awesome deer! Congrats!

18-Nov-21
Congrats !!

18-Nov-21
Congrats !!

18-Nov-21
Very nice deer, congrats! I’ve often thought about doing a Canada hunt like this, but not sure I can handle that many hours in a cold blind. On the broken bow, I alway take a back up bow on out of state/country hunts. Had to use the back up once.

18-Nov-21
What a buck!

18-Nov-21
Great buck Danny! Congrats!

18-Nov-21
Can’t get pic to turn sorry guys .. thanks to all for the good words.. My buddy ended up killing a Buck just tick bigger than this that I’ll post later as well today

18-Nov-21
Nice! Congrats!

18-Nov-21
Congrats!

18-Nov-21
Congrats

18-Nov-21
whoa! congrats man

way to persevere!

18-Nov-21
Congratulations

18-Nov-21
Awesome hunt, awesome buck. Congrats.

18-Nov-21
Glad to see a successful conclusion to your hunt. That guy is worth waiting for. No more freezing in a blind either!!!

18-Nov-21
Looks like he’s got a nosebleed. Musta been a good shot! Congrats, Danny!

18-Nov-21
Great buck congrats!

18-Nov-21
There's a full service bow shop in Dorintosh ( entrance to the provincial park). Have your friend contact Sandy Erwin, 10X Archery. She may be able to help get the Elite back in business.

18-Nov-21
Congrats - nice buck!

18-Nov-21
Congrats, that's a beauty buck!! Way to hang in and overcome.

18-Nov-21
That's a great buck, congrats!

18-Nov-21
Way to go Danny, super buck! All the drama worked out in the end.

Rob's operation is the best! We're already booked for next year.

19-Nov-21

We’ve had an amazing time here.. for whatever reason it just exploded yesterday with deer everywhere.. after I shot my buck had this nice deer come in and lay down.

19-Nov-21

And how lucky am I??? Check out the loop on my can here.. noticed this two days ago.. stopped practicing and was praying I could get one more shot..

19-Nov-21

This was w a rifle but he brought his bow.. long story but he went out with cross country skis rattling yesterday to try something different.. he had an absolute blast and wanted an experience..

19-Nov-21

Cooling deer Canada style.. cut en in half and let them cool while we are taking care of the other buck

19-Nov-21
Congratulations Danny! Taking a big Canadian buck back to Colorado. That meat cooler trick looks like it just might work. LOL

19-Nov-21
Way to go!!!! This was a really fun thread to follow. Love it when a plan comes together!

19-Nov-21
Awesome hunt! Congrats on the great buck!

19-Nov-21
Positive mindset and positive results…

Congrats on a great experience and deer.

19-Nov-21

Thanks fellas… the other two guys are still out and have today and tomorrow.. I’ll keep all posted.. some pics from this week and today

19-Nov-21
Very cool! Great buck

19-Nov-21
Congratulations to you both!

19-Nov-21

19-Nov-21
How do you perfectly split a deer down the middle and split the back straps?

19-Nov-21
John great question.. it was weird trying to find this out but if you dead center the spine it’s clean and easy to get out

20-Nov-21

Rob, always a gentleman looking out for others during the pandemic..

20-Nov-21
Nice bucks! Congrats and thanks for sharing the trip here.

20-Nov-21
For Rob, that’s an improvement.

20-Nov-21
Rob would like you to know he’s got a stand already picked out for next year! Very special near an outhouse and highway...

20-Nov-21
Wow! Quite the adventure! Congrats on the great buck! Thanks for sharing

• Sitka Gear