Stringwacker 28-Nov-21
Stringwacker 28-Nov-21
deerhunter72 28-Nov-21
midwest 29-Nov-21
Stringwacker 29-Nov-21
midwest 29-Nov-21
midwest 05-Dec-21
20-Nov-21
What would you recommend for a heated vest for cold winter days?

20-Nov-21

SIP's Link

21-Nov-21
I have had a ororo vest for 3 yrs now has worked perfect love it about 4 hrs on high and a lot of on low..I bought a extra battery pack when I ordered mine so it stays on high .. zero complaints on this vest from me and I’ve wore it a lot

21-Nov-21
Ororo heated jacket. Two batteries works great

21-Nov-21
Check out the link SIP posted.

Whatever brand you get I would recommend 2 things: 1) get one with heated neck/collar. Helps keep the neck and ears warm 2) do NOT wear an insulated base layer under it. You want a THIN silk or polyester layer to better transmit heat to your body

I have the Ororo and love it also! Getting another battery for Christmas.

21-Nov-21
Got the one from Cabelas forgot name no complaints and one of the better purchases I have made.

21-Nov-21
Have great luck with my Pnuma. Got one for my daughter as well. Game changer for her.

21-Nov-21
I have the orroro vest and a Milwaukee vest and coat. Happy with all three. With the Milwaukee products don’t even bother with the small 12v batteries, go ahead and get the high AH batteries and the products perform great.

23-Nov-21
2nd vote for the Pnuma

25-Nov-21
I have the Pnuma and the Milwaukee for MN late season. Both very good producing about the same amount of heat for up to 3 hours. For an all day sit I always wear the Milwaukee with the optional 3.0 battery to get me. 6-7 hours on medium.

Maybe I should wear them both at the same time???

Mark

25-Nov-21
Second season with my orroro and it works great!

26-Nov-21
What about your legs? I can keep my core warm with insulated vests and coats but my legs freeze me out .

26-Nov-21
Pnuma makes heated long underwear as well….and yes they work good:)

Mark

27-Nov-21
Just buy the fanatic jacket from Sitka. Hunted the last two weeks in sone pretty cold weather. As low as 12 degrees. Never even thought about getting cold.

28-Nov-21
After reading several threads on this I broke down and purchased the Ororo off their website. They have the standard on sale for $105. I also ordered a couple of extra batteries with a 20% discount code.

I guess I will see how it works and how long it will last.

28-Nov-21
Stringwacker, where did you see the standard on sale for $105? All I see is 20% off.

28-Nov-21
https://www.ororowear.com/collections/outlet?gclid=Cj0KCQiA7oyNBhDiARIsADtGRZZ0j2eafckNdbAmN0oDsd41HYYn9d9hjYRlnYcREl1Ze0OSXaOdN_YaAqrUEALw_wcB

Top left.......

28-Nov-21

Stringwacker's Link

28-Nov-21
Thanks for the link Stringwacker. My Mother in law is wanting gift ideas so I sent her the link.

29-Nov-21
Ahh, open box. Yeah, saw those. Don't have my size. No exchanges or returns, either.

29-Nov-21
...but they do carry a 6 month warranty so you should be good to make sure the vest works properly....at least that was my thinking.

29-Nov-21
Yep, I'd have probably snagged one if they'd had my size.

05-Dec-21
Didn't plan on it this year but ordered the Ororo and an extra battery. Turns out I'll be bowhunting late season to help a friend with an overabundance of does on the family deer farm. :-)

• Sitka Gear