wisconsinteacher 22-Nov-21
wisconsinteacher 22-Nov-21
M.Pauls 22-Nov-21
Pat Lefemine 22-Nov-21
12yards 22-Nov-21
midwest 22-Nov-21
Michael 22-Nov-21
22-Nov-21
For years, while in a tree stand, I have worn 2-3 layers of under armor long johns then my Cabela's bibs. I carry the long johns and bibs in with me and then dress at the base of the tree. I just ordered new Fanatic bibs and am wondering what you guys wear under them while on stand? I will most likely need to keep carrying them into the tree because I get very warm as I walk into my stands. Thanks

22-Nov-21
For years, while in a tree stand, I have worn 2-3 layers of under armor long johns then my Cabela's bibs. I carry the long johns and bibs in with me and then dress at the base of the tree. I just ordered new Fanatic bibs and am wondering what you guys wear under them while on stand? I will most likely need to keep carrying them into the tree because I get very warm as I walk into my stands. Thanks

22-Nov-21
Around 0F/-15C here in MB this morning. I walked in with bibs on but sides wide open. Jacket off. Have high end polyester heavy base layer by kuiu, then cotton sweat pants. Then fanatic. Legs are warm 4 hours in, 6 to go.

If it matters, upper portion I went merino base, heavy polyester base, Kuiu Kenai puffy and then fanatic jacket. Warm there too.

22-Nov-21
Same as M.Paul’s.

It really depends on the weather but I walk to my stand without a coat, bibs on with legs zipped open. Fanatic coat strapped to my pack.

If it’s 30+ it’s just Sitka medium base layers, below 30 I’m adding a Sitka fanatic hoodie.

22-Nov-21
Does all this fit under your normal sized Fanatic? IOW, if I'm an XL, would I put all that layering under an XL?

22-Nov-21
How many of those underlayers could you eliminate if you had a heated vest and long johns?

22-Nov-21

Michael's embedded Photo
Michael's embedded Photo
I just wear a Sitka base layer and a pair of cargo pants till about 40 degrees. Once it gets below that I add in a pair of Sitka stratus bibs. Never have had a problem with keeping legs warm. If I Keep my feet, core, head and neck warm I am good to go.

For core I wear a transverse hoodie. North face 1/4 zip, hooded sweatshirt and stratus jacket till about 35. Below that I will use my fanatic jacket instead of the stratus.

I usually only wear in the transverse hoodie and 1/4 zip. The rest is either in my pack or strapped to it.

Best $40 I ever spent was on these nice little slippers in the picture. With a pair of Christi boots snd the slippers I am good to go.

• Sitka Gear