T Mac 24-Nov-21
BC173 24-Nov-21
Korey Wolfe 24-Nov-21
standswittaknife 24-Nov-21
standswittaknife 24-Nov-21
23-Nov-21

Scrappy's Link

23-Nov-21
That is awesome. Monstrosity of a buck gorgeous.

23-Nov-21

Pat Lefemine's embedded Photo
Pat Lefemine's embedded Photo
Pic, slammer!

23-Nov-21
Sweet Louise!!! Whenever I see a picture of a preposterous buck like that I imagine the buck fever that would hit as he's coming towards me. Awesome!

23-Nov-21
Yikes!

23-Nov-21
Holy Sh......izzle

23-Nov-21
Fantastic buck.

Wondering if the story is in error regarding the date he arrowed the buck? (Nov 19)

23-Nov-21
Ill say it, because no one else did.

Needed 2 more years. Clearly immature with so little mass and short tines. Shoulda let it walk...

Ok, on to seriousness. That's an amazing buck!

23-Nov-21
Solid buck - I wonder what the buck's name was....

23-Nov-21
What a toad!

23-Nov-21
Buck of a lifetime.....

23-Nov-21
Good lord

23-Nov-21
Absolutely awesome buck. It'll be nice to know the measurements just to let it soak in on how big he truly is. I don't know if I could shake the buck fever long enough to make the shot but it sure would be nice to try.

23-Nov-21
All the information on this deer is on Drury's Deercast, including video of the kill. Which is free for OnX Elite subscribers.

The deer was called "The Matheny Buck"

Score is 226 2/8"

Shot at just over 50 yards out of a "stand" that looks like a conference room on a food plot called "The Grand Slam Field"

23-Nov-21
I enjoy Thome when he’s on Drury brothers show seems like a good dude. He owns the record for most home runs hit versus my Detroit Tigers. Congrats Jim

23-Nov-21
I saw him hit some monster home runs in Cleveland. Great buck.

23-Nov-21
That split G2 messes everything up. Probably would’ve passed. ;)

23-Nov-21
I think Jim is a great dude! Loved him as a ballplayer. Seemed like a gentleman for sure. Watched him hit an absolute lazer bomb at Target field one time. I've always been a Tigers fan; I grew up in MI, but I was definitely a Thome fan. Congrats to him on a great buck!

23-Nov-21
Absolutely amazing buck but I become less impressed when these big name guys tag huge bucks. Not taking anything away from them it just happens so much I am like....oh well another 200" buck, which is ridiculous to even utter.

23-Nov-21
I don't care who killed it, that is an absolute monster! The article says they passed on it to let it get bigger, not many hunters have that kind of patience. I know I don't. WOW!!!

23-Nov-21
YOWZA, way cool... Congrats to Big Jim... Couldn't happen to a nicer guy... Luved him with the Tribe, had heard he was a bowhunter and known he grew up near Peoria and would assume his property is near there... Would imagine MLB money could buy a heck of a nice farm in central Illinois... Curious how many acres... You know he's dedicated hunter to pick one of the top areas in the WORLD to buy property to hunt giant whitetails... Would wager he's well aware of Mel Johnson's buck from the area...

23-Nov-21
Amazing buck!! Wow!!

24-Nov-21
What a hammer congrats to Jim!

24-Nov-21
One hell of a slammer!! How Mel Johnson’s awesome buck is still #1, is absolutely amazing. I hope it remains there.

24-Nov-21
Saying something negative about Jim is like saying something bad about America...

Heck of a nice buck!

24-Nov-21
Thome is a great dude and hunter.. and wow what a buck!!

24-Nov-21
Thome is a great dude and hunter.. and wow what a buck!!

• Sitka Gear