JL 23-Nov-21
cnelk 23-Nov-21
DConcrete 23-Nov-21
JL 23-Nov-21
cnelk 23-Nov-21
DanaC 24-Nov-21
Boris 24-Nov-21
23-Nov-21
Question for you CVA Paramount shooters. I can not get my hands on any Blackhorn 209. What are you guys shooting for powder. I have a call into Customer Support but haven’t heard back yet. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards,

Rob

23-Nov-21

BowSniper's embedded Photo
I have only used Blackhorn 209 and the recommended .45 powerbelt bullets. It took some calling around to small shops in PA, but eventually found some.

Shoots fantastic! 100 yard groups around a nickel size and popping balloons at 300 yards for practice.

23-Nov-21
FWIW, I am using 130 grains of BH209 by volume, each scale weighed to 91 grains exactly. Muzzle velocity is 2189fps.

23-Nov-21
Thanks Adam. The gun is unreal, but it sounds like Blackhorn 209 supply will be an issue for another few months per CVA. He did say you can shoot Triple 7 but nothing to expect the same results. Any feedback from anyone shooting Triple 7 would be welcomed

23-Nov-21
I had inconsistent results with triple 7 pellets.

My CVA gun actually recommends the white hot pellets. Maybe ask about that?

23-Nov-21
Thanks for the response Jeff. The CVA Paramount only shoots loose powder

23-Nov-21
I was under the impression it was available again?

23-Nov-21
Jeff you must have the accura? Mine takes white hots and loves em! Makes it a breeze to clean too

23-Nov-21

This place had a half dozen jugs not too long... maybe try them? If still available, see if they would ship?

23-Nov-21
Anyone ever try Thor bullets?

23-Nov-21
Based on ohiohunters recommendations, i use the thor bullets with my CVA optima. I do use whitehot pellets. I bought the blackhorn 209 but couldnt get it to shoot with my stock breech then found out i needed to get the special bh209 breech, which i did but it was close to season and the whitehots were shooting plenty good enough so that is what i rolled with. I killed two deer with that setup, one deer dropped and one ran 80 yards without a drop of blood because it was a high entrance on a quartering to shot, just missed the shoulder, and bullet hung up inside flank meat in front of hip.

Will give the bh209 a shot some year.

23-Nov-21
I've got maybe 6-8 jugs of BH209. I use the TMZ's and TEZ's in the Accura LR. I'm trying the Harvester sabots over a TEZ and have mixed results. Some of the local ML shooters swear by Thors. They like the idea of no sabot. I have more work to do though.

23-Nov-21

cnelk's embedded Photo
cnelk's embedded Photo
No Excuses bullets and Pyrodex P in my CVA Accura did the job this year

23-Nov-21
Nice buck Brad!!

23-Nov-21
Dang!....that's a nice ML buck!

23-Nov-21

cnelk's embedded Photo
cnelk's embedded Photo
Thanks.

I guess the photo issue thingy still isn’t fixed. Back to doing screenshots

24-Nov-21
Dandy buck!

24-Nov-21
I shoot 55 gr. of black powder with a 50 cal. flintlock Shenandoah. Also, I shoot 90 gr. of black powder with a 315 gr. conical out of a Pa. Pellet.

• Sitka Gear