Tobpitbull 24-Nov-21
Aspen Ghost 24-Nov-21
RD in WI 24-Nov-21
23-Nov-21

Taav's embedded Photo
Rage 100 grain
Taav's embedded Photo
Rage 100 grain
30 yard shot from tree stand Any ideas on where deer was hit? I’m guessing front shoulder

23-Nov-21

Taav's embedded Photo
Taav's embedded Photo

23-Nov-21
That's not a rage in the cage haha sorry couldn't help myself. I'd say solid shoulder blade to do that damage...did you not see roughly where the arrow hit?

23-Nov-21
I didn’t have my luminok tips on but I was shooting for lungs. Seemed ok. But probably shoulder

23-Nov-21
If it wasn’t for the hair, I’d say you hit a rock.

Where did you buy the Rages? Are they Chinese knock-off’s?

Also, you need a good collar system on your shafts.

23-Nov-21
I thought lungs and heart. But definitely not I’m assuming too far forward and shoulder.

23-Nov-21
I'd say rocks beyond whatever you passed through on the deer the way the broadhead and arrow shaft are destroyed. Also the curled steel of the blades....hit more than bone or you are shooting huge KE.

23-Nov-21
Lol. Don’t think knockoffs. He also circled back and seemed to be walking fine and grunting

23-Nov-21
Ya. The knarled jagged edge looks like a rock hit. I’m using a Stryker 380.

23-Nov-21
I'd say you clipped some muscle and centered a big ole rock. I'm assuming you are saying you did not kill the deer and he seemed unaffected by the hit.

23-Nov-21
If any bone did that I’d throw the arrows and Broadhead’s in the garbage.

23-Nov-21
He wandered around a few minutes then walked away grunting with no limp. Waited an hour. Followed blood for about 200 yards and it did not bed down. Small amounts of blood spots

23-Nov-21
White hair and dark red blood...I'm thinking brisket shot and impact to a rock.

23-Nov-21
Yeah bowfreak. I was also thinking that too. If that’s the case, good chance it will survive. I sure hope so.

23-Nov-21
Could have been a gut shot if he had been grazing on granite and quartz

seriously, whatever you hit on that deer did not do that to the head regardless.

23-Nov-21
Bowfreak + 1

23-Nov-21
Both blade edges being mangled down their entire length, it must've glanced off the buck and buried in a pile of rocks. Doubtful that bone did that.

23-Nov-21
Even adult arrows don’t do well in the rocks.

23-Nov-21
glanced off the bottom of the chest/sternum and nailed a rock.

23-Nov-21
Definitely a rock.

23-Nov-21
Is there a chance you hit another rage that was embedded in the deer that also didn't work for the previous hunter? Rage against the machine!

23-Nov-21
Kinda looking at the damage to the very tip. I just don't think it would be bone. Can you post more pic's of that head. Good tip pic would be helpfull.

23-Nov-21
Wow. I get that broadheads aren't meant to survive rocks, but I have several in my stash that have and just needed a new edge put on. That looks like it bounced off a rock and flew into the neighbors wood chipper.

23-Nov-21
Classic brisket hit. Fair amount of blood but the deer really does not feel injured. Appears to brisket colored hair on broadhead. May be fat on arrow from passing through brisket before hitting something very hard, like a rock.

23-Nov-21
Hopefully it will survive if it’s brisket shot

23-Nov-21
It’s a cheap Rage hell a deer rib could do that.

23-Nov-21
My doe 2 years ago with a rage, sliced through the rib cage with ease.

23-Nov-21
Hit him in the concrete bone it looks like. I hit an elk there once…

—Jim

23-Nov-21
I also think either through edge of brisket and rock or brisket deflect into rock. That’s insane. MAXIMUM DAMAGE

24-Nov-21
I have 100gr Rages and they are not that color....kinda like a blued aluminum. That looks like a crossbow Rage or a ChiComm Rage. I've killed quiet a few critters with the ChiComm Rages. I believe at one time the same ChiComm factory made some of the US Rage parts. The blades are sharpened/stamped at the US factory. Not sure if they are ChiComm metal though. I'd have to double check it but I think even Leupold gets/uses foreign parts for their scopes and binocs. The glass comes to mind.

24-Nov-21
Those of you old enough to remember the 60's Superman series Clark Kent would get shot point blank and not die... Jimmy Olson would say " Clark you must be Superman"... Clark would pull out a dented silver Dollar and say " no Jimmy, just lucky I guess" That's what you hit... his lucky silver buck!

24-Nov-21
‘Maybe it was a cheap Chinese knockoff Rage’ ?? Love it!

Like how much cheaper could they be? … really

24-Nov-21

JL's embedded Photo
JL's embedded Photo
When I bought some of those 100gr ChiComm Rages....I think it was something like $17 for a dozen. This was before they caught on and folks were buying them and running up the price. As I said above...I've used them with good success. They weighed the same as the US Rage in 100gr. Probably not a surprise if they both are (were?) made in the same ChiComm factory. Other than the color (green)....they looked and appeared to be constructed the exact same. Attached is a pic of various "Rages"....only one is a US put together one.

24-Nov-21
I think you grazed the deer or gut shot him and with a pass through you hit a rock. Lol. I’m serious. I’ve shot many whitetails and here in oh, Ky, Indiana we have big bodied/heavy deer and only seen that with a pass through into a moss covered rock

24-Nov-21
Where did you recover the arrow in relation to where the deer was standing?

24-Nov-21
A 30-yard shot with a crossbow, likely fitted with a scope, and you have no idea where you hit it? One would think that without the movement of recoil, one could watch the bolt make its impact. Good luck solving the mystery.

• Sitka Gear