bassmasterjk 25-Nov-21
Dale06 25-Nov-21
Powder 25-Nov-21
Tobpitbull 26-Nov-21
nehunter 27-Nov-21
nehunter 27-Nov-21
PECO 27-Nov-21
23-Nov-21
Does anyone have any experience with ozone machines? Good, bad, waste of time & money? I picked up a small one recently & was contemplating building a storage closet for hunting clothes, boots, pack, etc. Thoughts?

23-Nov-21
Good luck getting a thoughtful response in here.

But I'll try. I bought a cheap one off Amazon. I cleaned my clothes before putting them in my ozone closet. I let them bake in there for a good while. The first day I went out I promptly got busted. The the next 2 times I got busted

I went back to using Nose Jammer. At least the deer didn''t snort and blow. This will be my go to method from now on.

23-Nov-21
Made the rubber waistband in my undies deteriorate.

23-Nov-21
Whitetail noses are so very incredible. Countless times I've observed maternal does from my treestand as they pass by and detect my scent on tall weeds that I merely walked NEAR on my entry trail, a few hours earlier. Not that it spooks them, but you can see they're suspicious/curious. For my way of thinking, it explains why scent elimination products or schemes have little chance of working when a deer is directly downwind of the hunter. Strong cover scents OTOH I do think can help a little, with my best luck coming with vanilla oil. Pretty sure that's what those Nose Jammer type products use.

23-Nov-21
It doesn't matter what your clothes smell like.YOU STILL STINK

23-Nov-21
Ozone will break down some parts of your gear. Keep that in mind if your stuff is of the expensive variety.

25-Nov-21
Here’s the evolution of my human scent reduction process: - wash clothes at beginning of season in nose jammer laundry -shower using nose jammer before hunting -run clothes through Ozonics bag Dri wash cycle before every other hunt

Bottom line it works. I’ve got four other buddies that now do the same process. We still hunt the wind, but It’s rare to get busted even by the old matriarch does any more.

Mark

25-Nov-21
Here’s the evolution of my human scent reduction process: - wash clothes at beginning of season in nose jammer laundry -shower using nose jammer before hunting -run clothes through Ozonics bag Dri wash cycle before every other hunt

Bottom line it works. I’ve got four other buddies that now do the same process. We still hunt the wind, but It’s rare to get busted even by the old matriarch does any more.

Mark

25-Nov-21
Hunt down wind and Save your money.

25-Nov-21
Oops

Mark

25-Nov-21
Hunt down wind and Save your money.

25-Nov-21
Hunt down wind and save your money, to buy an ozone generator. However, obviously continue to hunt down wind. Ozone does work, sometimes. That sometimes is well worth for it.

25-Nov-21
I used two Ozonics in a blind in Alaska on a salmon stream, hunting grizzly. Had two different shooter bears coming toward the blind. They stopped at 75 or so yards, sniffed the air a few times, turned and left. I don’t own an ozone machine and have no plans to own one.

25-Nov-21
Has anyone tried a cheap ozone unit that plugs into an outlet? For $20 bucks I can buy a cheap unit that I can attach to a 12 volt battery I already have. I know this wouldn't work so well in a portable but in a blind it might. Anyone done this?

26-Nov-21
Lol. Good try bassmaster. I meant hunt down wind save money because they won’t refund when you find out don’t work. Man can’t fool what God has created to survive around man. Wisdom must be applied when hunting mature whitetails, not the latest tv show fad.

27-Nov-21
I've seen industrial odor eliminators work in homes that 2 people smoked for 35 year's.

It was on for 4 days and it almost totally eliminated the tobacco smell. But it will kill humans and pet's. So I'll choose to just hunt the wind.

27-Nov-21

nehunter's Link
If you think ozone and odor eliminator sprays work then watch this YouTube video.

https://youtu.be/CNtZ5Iz4fCI

27-Nov-21
Field and Stream did a similar test, results were the same.

• Sitka Gear