JL 25-Nov-21
TGbow 25-Nov-21
badguybuster 25-Nov-21
JL 25-Nov-21
badguybuster 25-Nov-21
esean 26-Nov-21
Bou'bound 28-Nov-21
25-Nov-21
Has anyone ever tried to make a broadhead with any success? I was sitting here thinking one could be made from old, heavy duty saw blades.

25-Nov-21
When I was in third grade and used sheet aluminum. Not a good execution and my last effort

25-Nov-21
You can make them out of saw blades. Old or new field points make a decent ferrule.

25-Nov-21
I made a few knives out of saw blades as a kid. Matter of fact my kid found one in the barn the other day I had been using to cut bale twine off. Was fun explaining to him how I made it. I’m sure they would work great for a two blade broadhead

25-Nov-21
^...The field point ferrule is a good idea.

25-Nov-21
I wish somebody would make a beoadhead like the old Bear broadhead..I think it would sell

25-Nov-21

badguybuster's embedded Photo

25-Nov-21
I should have checked out Youtube earlier.....

One good point is some states do not allow "barbed" heads. the second vid has barbed heads.

25-Nov-21

26-Nov-21
Jay Massey described how he made them in the Arrow Making chapter of his book The Bowyer's Craft. He liked spring steel (0.060" banding steel) and power hacksaw blades. Slotted field point for the ferrule, like MissouriBreaks said.

28-Nov-21
When I was in third grade and used sheet aluminum. Not a good execution and my last effort

• Sitka Gear