Hancock West 03-Dec-21
Hancock West 03-Dec-21
Bowhunter09 10-Dec-21
loprofile 10-Dec-21
spike78 10-Dec-21
Bowhunter09 10-Dec-21
sundowner 10-Dec-21
26-Nov-21
I'm sure this topic has been discussed here before, but I need a recommendation for a cellular camera that actually works. I currently have a couple of Moultrie cameras, and they have been totally unsatisfactory. Dark pics, pink pics, no pics, etc. Then Moultrie did an "update " and I lost everything. I should have done more research before buying Moultrie.

Can you guys reccomend a good camera brand that takes good pictures, AND may have a decent, dependable system of customer service and support? Thanks.

26-Nov-21
My buddy runs the Moultrie cell cams and really hasn't had any issues. The pics he sends me are pretty decent but aren't as good as my non-cell Brownings.

I've considered getting the Moultries myself but still on the fence. I too would like to know which brand & model guys are having success.

26-Nov-21
I think it’s become pretty apparent the last few months for value type cameras the Tactacam Reveal (if you can find them) are pretty solid choice, and for upper level stuff Reconyx are still pretty tough to beat.

—Jim

26-Nov-21
I have one. It failed to take pics consistently. Also would not load the latest software.

I contacted Moultrie & they replaced it. I will not be buying more....

26-Nov-21
I did learn something about lithium batteries. Moultrie suggested lithiums would improve the dark pics, so I tried them and it helped, but only slightly. Turns out lithium batteries have a 1.6 to 1.7 volt output per cell as opposed to alkaline, which produce 1.5 volts per cell when new. So a 12-cell pack could provide over 20 volts to a camera designed to run on 18 volts. That's why the night pics became somewhat brighter with lithiums, but I seriously doubt the Moultrie customer service lady actually knew why.

26-Nov-21
Tactacam Reveal no need to look any further.

26-Nov-21
By far the best purchasing factor for Tactacam Reveal X is to first purchase Moultrie Deltas. Still running the Reveals and completely satisfied. Not so with the Deltas. The pre-wireless Moultries are still solid performers, the reason I decided to try the Deltas.

26-Nov-21
Thanks everyone. I'm getting the Tactacam. Several of'em!

26-Nov-21
Biggest problem I have had with Moultrie is the cameras die after 1 season. Very few ever last me beyond that

26-Nov-21
I have run many Moultrie trail cameras and absolutely love them. I did some digging into their cellular cameras and didn’t like the reviews I was seeing. I happened to mention this to my buddy and he said his son in law had one of the cellular and it wasn’t very good. Since then I’ve purchased a Tactacam Reveal X and a Bushnell Core 20 and so far have been happy with both. IMO the Tactacam is slightly better because of the quality of the pictures but the Core 20 has more options on the info bar.

26-Nov-21
“ Thanks everyone. I'm getting the Tactacam. Several of'em!”

Good luck with that. Better get in line and it’s a long one

26-Nov-21
Between me and my hunting buddy we have 5 of the moultrie deltas.. flawless so far 4 months in

26-Nov-21
Tactacam Reveal X are great. Spypoints have been pretty good too. But picture quality and range way better on Tactacam

27-Nov-21
Several online retailers claim to have the Reveal X and Reveal XB in stock.

27-Nov-21
I have 8 of the Moultrie cameras....not many complaints at all from me. The Deltas don't quite work as well as the previous model years yet due to some firmware stuff but they are still taking good pics. I wouldn't hesitate to buy one again.

27-Nov-21
I have run many Moultrie trail cameras and absolutely love them. I did some digging into their cellular cameras and didn’t like the reviews I was seeing. I happened to mention this to my buddy and he said his son in law had one of the cellular and it wasn’t very good. Since then I’ve purchased a Tactacam Reveal X and a Bushnell Core 20 and so far have been happy with both. IMO the Tactacam is slightly better because of the quality of the pictures but the Core 20 has more options on the info bar.

27-Nov-21
Run a non cell camera next to the tactacam and see how many pictures are being missed. I’ve seen several references to the newer ones missing photo cycles. I’m currently using the MoultrieMobile cameras and while not perfect they have been solid with good detection and flash ranges and a quick trigger.

27-Nov-21
Tactacam was better than expected this year. I did have to adjust the sensitivity on a few of them because I was getting too many deer less photos. After the adjustment they ran much better. I also had one that would get blurry morning photos but that was because of debris stuck in the sealing gasket allowing moisture inside. I have 3 Reconyx cells and 4 Reveal X deployed. I just bought the new tactacam that allows you to request video from the App and also has a built in solar panel. I plan to put that in my main plot. Had quite a few good daylight bucks this year that video would have been nice.

We will see how the tactacams work next year. I plan to pull them in a month or so. One issue I do have with the tactacam is it appears their app is really flaky at times. Sometimes for several hours I cannot view my cameras. The emails to tactacam CS were responded too in a timely fashion but annoying none the less. I think one of the three I have scares deer because I have never had so many photos of deer turning inside out. I’ll be moving that next year to a trail. I do like my Reconyx but $600 per camera is no fun. I can deploy 5 tactacams for the same upfront cost. The picture quality of tactacam is on par with Reconyx but it will be a few years before the verdict is back on durability. Perhaps the best option for Tactcam is the ability to suspend service anytime you want and leave it off as long as you want. Reconyx only allows a 6 month suspension.

I am not sorry that I purchased and tried the tactacam and will probably add 4 or 5 more for next year.

03-Dec-21
Have two Tacta/Cams and recently pulled thier SD cards and was pleasantly surprised of the video quality.I got 1K+20sec.video's on one set of batterys.Great so far.I like Brownings but a close second.

03-Dec-21
Sheels.com has them. I bought 3 earlier this week from them

03-Dec-21
Scheels.com i meant. My just showed up today

10-Dec-21
I have 2 moultrie Deltas. Both have worked great. I previously had one of the 7000 series from delta and it was good for 2 years till it quit sending photos. MoultrieMobile customer service has been good to work with and sent a new delta to replace the 7000 series when it quit. MoultrieMobile has updated the app several times and just this week added a weather function which I really like. GPS tracking on the deltas is a nice feature.

10-Dec-21
I have had good luck with Moultrie cameras snd Moultrie customer service.

10-Dec-21
Just checked my Reveals that have been out since July and battery life is like 90% unreal. Meanwhile my buddy who has a Moultrie out has had to replace the batteries AND buy a solar battery!

10-Dec-21
My battery life has been about 3 months with 30 pictures per day and 2 transmissions per day

10-Dec-21
I was back in touch with Moultrie recently and they are sending me a new Delta. My son has bought two Tactacams, but I may reactivate my Moultrie cams.....for now.

• Sitka Gear