huntinelk 29-Nov-21
Rob in VT 29-Nov-21
Shug 29-Nov-21
longsprings 30-Nov-21
Straight-shot 06-Dec-21
TurboT 06-Dec-21
APauls 06-Dec-21
28-Nov-21
My wife, my nephew and I are looking for a moose outfitter in the next couple years. Any outfitter recomendations anyone could give me would be greatly appreciated! Price range up to $25,000 U.S. per person and Alaska being first choice and Canada second choice. Thanks!

28-Nov-21
wow have fun

dream trip for me

28-Nov-21
At 25K max per person couldn’t a guy probably get another animal thrown in there , like grizzly?

28-Nov-21
I don't have any outfitter names. If all 3 of your group will be hunting, it's a tall order to kill 3 legal bulls in one area in a time period of maybe 10+ days...and that's bow or gun. Keep that in mind as you search. Good luck.

28-Nov-21
Curly Warren

28-Nov-21
Kevin Dill that’s definitely something I didn’t think about. Different years are something to look into.

28-Nov-21
Three good bulls would not be unusual in Newfoundland but of course AK has the bigger species if that’s what you gotta have but would be tougher to get 3 great bulls on one AK trip as mentioned earlier.

28-Nov-21
Most Alaskan outfitters will be guiding in areas with antler restrictions of 50" or 3 (or 4) brow points. This significantly lowers the odds of multiple hunters having a kill from one camp. Two hunters...maybe 50-50 odds. Every hunter after that will face increasingly tougher odds of killing a 3rd bull in that limited timeframe. A longer hunt will help. So would having 1:1 guide per hunter combined with serious mobility (like horses, etc) to get miles out.

It may not be what you envision. Separate camps with individual guides would give each hunter top odds of success. I hunted in the Yukon with 2 friends many years ago and that's how we did it....3 hunters, 3 guides and 3 spike camps.

29-Nov-21
You could book 3 Trophy hunts in Newfoundland for about $25k with Patey and Sons Outfitters. They are out of River of Ponds Newfoundland. Contact Eric Patey "He will put you on the moose"

29-Nov-21
MacKenzie Mountain Outfitters or Jonah Stewart, both at upper end of your price range, but both would be worth looking into

29-Nov-21
Check out Fire Mountain outfitters in Atlin British Columbia.

29-Nov-21
Scott Mc Kenzie @ Bigtime hunts

30-Nov-21
Check with Big Time Hunts Scott and Jody Mackenzie

06-Dec-21
Thanks all! I appreciate your input! Been looking into the outfitters listed and then some! It will be a tough decision to pick the right outfitter. There are so many out there with good reputations. I look forward to any more suggestions you guys might have.

06-Dec-21
I shot a nice moose with gundahoo river outfitters in northern BC this year. I was primarily there for stone sheep but saw lots of moose. They have several cabins and lots of horses for mobility. Really nice people and beautiful country. Maybe your wife and nephew get tags year one then you the following year??

06-Dec-21
For putting in 3 good hunts I imagine you could negotiate to go next year for your wife and nephew, and go along as a free add on, then go next year by yourself, or maybe with a free add on "watching." That way you'd have a chance to be in on your wife and nephew's moose which is just as fun as getting one yourself, and then go get one yourself. Two years worth of fun. Trying to be in on 3 moose in one year would just become too much of a burden IMO. Don't want to feel panicked. 2 in one year could almost be like that. Unless you go for 3 weeks or something.

That's the other option. Book like an 18 day hunt where every 6 days you have a new person hunting and the other two are watching. But I would much rather split it over a a couple years. That's a lot of time in moose camp. Go two years and double the pleasure.

• Sitka Gear