smarba 29-Nov-21
Pat Lefemine 29-Nov-21
smarba 29-Nov-21
sundowner 29-Nov-21
JL 29-Nov-21
B2K 29-Nov-21
EJG 29-Nov-21
29-Nov-21
We all have dead trail cams. Don’t throw them out. Take out the chip and batteries and leave them on trees in conspicuous locations to deter trespassing.

Works particularly well on Amish trespassers.

29-Nov-21
Not a bad idea.....

29-Nov-21
Great idea! If you have problems with them getting stolen you could use it as the bait camera too and point another well hidden one one at that camera.

29-Nov-21
Been doing it for years; can't say if it helps but ya never know. Doesn't hurt to leave a "bad" SD card in it as well in case they try to take the card out.

29-Nov-21
I salvaged some parts for another Bowsiter to repair his cam. I'd love to fill the old ones with skunk scent and leave them in conspicuous places...

29-Nov-21
Better to leave a chip in and have it auto-execute a ransomware payload onto the thief’s computer. In my line of work this is pretty easy to accomplish.

Won’t work for the Amish. ;-)

29-Nov-21
HAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!! Love it! For the Amish you'll need a cattle virus...

29-Nov-21
"Won’t work for the Amish. ;-)"

No that right there is profilin'......an' we all know profilin' is wrong! ;-)

29-Nov-21
A few years ago there was a program you could download unto the SD card that would automatically send you an email anytime some perp put the card into their device. You take that email to the police and they can track down the perp.

29-Nov-21
I do this and write a number on the camera with a sharpie to indicate that there must be a whole lot more of them. i.e. write #23 on one.

29-Nov-21
Good idea. I wonder if Maybe adding a dummy “cellular “ antenna to it as well for a few bucks adds to the deterrent factor or not?

• Sitka Gear