APauls 29-Nov-21
ronsoutdoors 30-Nov-21
Gator 30-Nov-21
Hancock West 30-Nov-21
woodguy65 30-Nov-21
Pete-pec 30-Nov-21
Powder 30-Nov-21
29-Nov-21
What cellular trail camera's are you using in a rural setting that have great battery life with quality day & night pictures? Pat did a really nice write up on here about Moultrie Mobile which made me really want to go with them but most of the Moultrie Delta reviews are not too good in regards to battery life. The Moultrie 180i has much better reviews but its hard to find them from a credible supplier.

29-Nov-21
We used the Cuddyback system and we needed to replace batteries in ours regardless of the fact we had the solar chargers on each camera.

29-Nov-21
Most important to me is a long battery life, strong cellular connection followed by a decent picture day & night. Easy app is nice too

29-Nov-21
i set up 2 cuddebacks in Kansas 650 miles away from my house that went for 95 days with out a hickup. i killed on 11/8 and brought them home! i use homemade solar battery packs with the cuddeback cable. i took plastic ammo can with 2 - 6volt feeder batteries. i linked them together to get 12v (i bought a bunch on clearance at TSC for $2 or i would have just bought the 12v). and i added a 12v solar charger to them - fastened it to the side of the ammo can. Drilled a hole through the ammo can for the wire - sealed it up with silicone and hooked it up the camera, i have had these two camera going since August 10th and have not replaced or charged the batteries. they are on feeders and have takes over 10,000 pictures each.

29-Nov-21
I have two reconyx cells, a spartan cell, and two mini Microlinks via verizon plans in EastCentral IL. Use lithium batteries in all of them, the reconyx and spartan last about two full months taking around 1200 pics each in that time. The Microlinks last longer, three months now and take more photos. I am switching the reconyx cells over to solar next year, they can operate unlimitedly without batteries in the camera. Friend has had one going for 6 months now without issue. Not cheap by any means but without a doubt the best and most reliable cell camera on the market.

29-Nov-21
I run a covert cell cam with their solar panel and never have to worry about batteries. Very nice feature. Maybe drops to 80% battery on a cold night with lots of photos then back to full charge when the sun comes up the next day. Seems to even get enough charge on rainy overcast days.

29-Nov-21
After 2 mos tactacams at 90 percent battery couple at 80 illlinois cold weather

29-Nov-21
4 Spypoint Micros running on12 volt batteries. Work great throughout the whole year. Charge them twice during the year

29-Nov-21
Tactacam. Kind of disappointed with my Cuddeback. Although it gets the best service for sure

29-Nov-21
Tactacam. Kind of disappointed with my Cuddeback. Although it gets the best service for sure

30-Nov-21
I am happy with my stealth cam been out since september and still good battery life also get good images day and night

30-Nov-21
Tactacam still at 99% going on 2nd month in Ohio. Lithium seems the way to go. Jury still out on the Moultrie Delta. Some bugs seemed to have been worked out.

30-Nov-21
I just bought 3 of the Tactacam RB - will let you guys know how they turn out.

30-Nov-21
Ive got one Tactacam and 1 Reconyx cell cam (Illinois). The Tactacam still going strong after 3 months. The Reconyx - just replaced batteries after about 2 1/2 months. Both have lithium batteries. The Reconyx literally takes 10-20 times the pictures of the Tactacam though.

30-Nov-21
Tactacam hands down. Battery life since July 7th to today is 90%. Coppertop alkaline for me. Wisconsin heat and cold.

30-Nov-21
I've had several stealth cam solar darks and I like them. It seems to be hit or miss on the cameras. Either they work great or they suck right away. If it was within the warranty time period they were very willing to replace them at no cost. I've had to send back a couple. I would not hesitate to buy another one. They have had the best battery life (by FAR) of any camera I've ever owned. I've had them out over bait where they have taken close to 50,000 pictures on one set of batteries. Picture have been good and they are easy to set up and use. Lithium batteries are a must.

• Sitka Gear