Potro 30-Nov-21
LKH 30-Nov-21
SDHNTR(home) 04-Dec-21
Glunt@work 04-Dec-21
TXCO 05-Dec-21
Tim Floyd @Hm 06-Dec-21
Mad Trapper 09-Dec-21
29-Nov-21
I’d like to try to get in one last adventure hunt with my old man, while I still can. I’d love to do Sitka deer but my dad does not want to camp or do a boat based hunt. Are there lodges that can actually get you into deer on a day hunt basis? I understand this is far from ideal but is it doable? Any recommendations? Fishing would be a bonus too.

29-Nov-21
Kodiak Combos would be a good place to start.

29-Nov-21
Thanks Nick.

The boat thing is off limits because my dad gets seasick very easily.

29-Nov-21
I went to Kodiak Adventures Lodge a few years ago. Good operation, decent hunting, great fishing.

Weather and current herd numbers can be big factors

29-Nov-21
I was happy with Raspberry Island Lodge a few years ago, though the deer numbers were down in the area then. Great operation. Birch and his wife were excellent -- great food and boats ... hunts were DIY, but he'd drop off and get you daily.

29-Nov-21
Deertick, it looks like there are two lodges that have the same name. There is Rasberry Island lodge and Raspberry Island Remote lodge. Which one did you hunt with? Sent you a message also.

Thanks

29-Nov-21
I have hunted with this group for the last 10 years. Very nice people and willing to accommodate. Tell them I referred you. https://olgacreek.com/hunting/

Gilbert

29-Nov-21
Reach out to BSC. They have an option you may like for Sitka deer. Good on you hunting with Dad.

30-Nov-21
Stay awsy from Afognak numbers way down , info from friend with cabin on Afognak Check it out Ashama lodge with Bob May

30-Nov-21
Call Jeremy at Rogue Expeditions... he might have something that'll work for you and your dad. Ed F

30-Nov-21
www.huntafognak.com Great place and fantastic food. I hunted with them and got a nice bear. The Randalls are good people, your dad will be very happy. Noew I was trying to hunt with them this year, and they told me that they close their deer hunt this year due a very low volumen of deer, so perhaps it will be better to wait a couple of years, but the place is fantastic

30-Nov-21
About the seasick issue, can he handle rides in small boats? Some of the places take you by small boat to new areas each day.

The boat I hunted Olga Bay one year had a sea plane (Otter?) drop us off and pick us up so there was really no rough or rolling rides involved.

04-Dec-21
Thanks all. Appreciate the recommendations. To be clear, I was looking primarily for unguided deer hunts, but now that I think about it, guided might work, especially if I could combo it with a bear hunt! A short, inshore ride on a small boat in calm inner waters is probably OK, but sleeping on the boat and/or any long boat ride is definitely out. I own a 28’ sport fishing boat. Pops won’t set foot on it. Kills me.

04-Dec-21
At the lodge I went to you fly in on a float plane. It's a big bay that's fairly calm and they run you out by boat to where you choose each morning. You can radio for a pickup or just set a time. We also hunted right from the lodge a few days. Never saw anyone except an occasional plane passing over.

They have a Conex set up for self processing your deer and then they froze it and our fish in boxes for the flight home. We did a 1/2 day of fishing for halibut and cod mid week. Caught more than enough to feed camp and take plenty home. He probably wouldn't like that long on the boat.

05-Dec-21
If he gets that seasick on a boat, will he be able to handle a float plane?

Another option could be to try and draw a goat tag and do the road based hunt.

06-Dec-21
Larson Bay Lodge ... great host and very nice folks. Went there in 2019.

09-Dec-21
Does Larsen Bay host bowhunters?

• Sitka Gear