Screwball 08-Dec-21
Screwball 08-Dec-21
Pyrannah 08-Dec-21
Iowabowhunter 15-Feb-22
Knifeman 15-Feb-22
Rocker08 22-Nov-22
sasquatch 23-Nov-22
29-Nov-21
I would appreciate info from any users of the Gray Wolf jacket for cold weather bowhunting. Looking for something both warm and quiet to bow hunt in. The more detailed the feedback the better. I want to be warm if it is 15 degrees and able to draw bow quietly if zero wind and deer is close. Thanks

29-Nov-21
Sitka fanatic for me.

29-Nov-21
I just bought a fanatic jacket and its very quite and warm.

29-Nov-21
haven't used fanatic..

grey wolf woolens (at least the older stuff when (gary?) owned it was top notch and is a long term investment..

I had a full predator grey pants and coat setup.. pants unlined coat was lined and was by far the best thing i have ever owned and used... I lost a bunch of weight and had to sell it all. Never got a replacement set yet because i have not found them used.. THey go quick when i find them. but not easy to come by..

I see sitka gear for sale ALL the time...

good luck man

29-Nov-21
I have a set in fall gray from 2009. Good stuff. Quiet. Big pockets. I still layer underneath depending on Temps, merino base, wind blocking fleece, puffy when its real cold.

29-Nov-21
They make an insulated jacket with the cross zipper like Sitka so you can have the handmuff. I have one and it is fantastic. Less burrs than the Sitka, and I really like Predator camo.

29-Nov-21
I have a bunch of Gray Wolf, including the jacket. I have the holy grail, predator wool which is no longer available anywhere. The jacket is great, quiet as a church mouse, has windshear lining and insulation. Custom sized and made for me. Great people, great gear.

29-Nov-21
I have the warmest jacket they make, from at 15 years ago, it still like new, good quality, not that warm and it's a weird fit, I like my sanctuary better but it's much more fragile.

29-Nov-21

Yellowjacket's embedded Photo
Yellowjacket's embedded Photo
I have a jacket I believe it's what you're referring too. I think it was Gray wolf or Hidden Wolf Woolens when I bought it before they went out of business. Got a deal because it was mislabeled a Large when it's an XL.

Anyway I would sell for $100 delivered.

29-Nov-21
Good stuff.... I have the bibs, vest, jacket and bomber hat.....then I moved to AZ!!!! No worries though, I still make it back to chase those WI bucks every year!

29-Nov-21
I believe that a day one camo coat would be close to what u r looking for…Not sure if Day One Camo is still up and running, but their pullover fleece camo coat is one of my most favourite pieces of gear! It’s performed well on stand in the Canadian cold! https://dayonecamouflage.com/

30-Nov-21
I’ve got a custom set of Gray Wolfe woolens in Predator Gray; includes heavy lined wool pants, zip in liner jacket and heavy wool outer jacket. Both jackets have 3 compression straps on the lower left arm to prevent a bow string from hitting the sleeve. All pieces custom made to my measurements, luckily I sized up the waist when I ordered the set.

Incredibly warm, quiet, perfect fit and just as expensive (I think the set cost $1,200 or more in 2006). Extremely well made but I’ve simply not done many later season hunts that aren’t mobile and the set it just too warm for anything over 10 degrees, even less if you’re moving. I’ve barely worn it so anyone who’s 6’6” and 240# could get themselves one heck of a deal.

30-Nov-21
Just for clarification, Gray Wolf is still in business and going strong.

30-Nov-21
I have sleeping indian wool and silent predator wool . Both make great products but i think silent predator is a better deal. Silent predator will make them to your measurements if that helps.

30-Nov-21
That's a bargain for Yellowjacket's...jacket.

30-Nov-21
Up for the day.

What's the warmest option they have? I really like that Predator Fall Brown pattern.

The fanatic stuff is warm, just an absolute burr magnet-and IMO it just has too much blue in it.

30-Nov-21
two postings not my size!

someone has a good deal for a 6'1 180 person?? lol...

good luck in your search!

30-Nov-21
Yellow jacket you have mail.

01-Dec-21

Cheesehead Mike's embedded Photo
This is the fall gray parka
This is the fall gray parka
The parka
The parka
Fall Brown pullover
Fall Brown pullover
I have two Hidden Wolf (Gray Wolf's predecessor) wool coats. I bought them both slightly used off of eBay about 15 years ago maybe more. One coat is fall gray and it's a heavy weight lined parka with the wind barrier. It is simply the best and warmest piece of clothing I have ever owned and I would not sell it for $1000. I do layer underneath it with merino wool layers when it's cold and it keeps me warm down into subzero temps. It's not too restrictive to prevent drawing my bow and I have shot numerous deer while wearing it. It is a little bulky to pack and I often strap it to the outside of my pack or the back of my stand with an ATV cargo net.

The second coat I have is a fall brown lined pullover with a very tall collar and a kangaroo pocket. That's coat is surprisingly warm and is my go-to coat for any temperature range from the 20's to the 50's. The kangaroo pocket is extremely nice for keeping my hands warm with a couple chemical hand warmers. I also wear Merino wool layers beneath this coat on colder temps. Both of these coats are almost priceless to me.

I also have two Predator Spring Green Wolfskin pullover shirts and a pair of Wolfskin Predator Spring Green pants that I bought new from Hidden Wolf in 1999. They are still almost like new.

07-Dec-21
If you're talking Wolfskin, quiet yes. Warm to 15 degrees? no. For that you would have needed their Wool options that they no longer carry.

07-Dec-21
I just looked at their website and you are correct it appears that they no longer offer wool which is unfortunate.

I bought Yellowjacket's wool jacket he offered above and added it to my cold weather clothing arsenal.

07-Dec-21
they can no longer make wool camo n the US. The dyes are not epa friendly, and the cost outlay for a run of it would be astronomical. They tried everything with using water based dyes, but the natural lanolin in wool makes it not hold color. They arent happy about it either.

07-Dec-21
thanks knife man!

curious how do other places do wool dye?

08-Dec-21
Had Jeff make me a set of custom Wolfskin coveralls roughly 15 years ago. The coveralls have both the LiteLoft insulation and Comfortmax wind barrier. Absolutely the best treestand garment I own. Warm, quiet and the predator camo pattern is just as sharp as the day they were delivered. I do layer underneath accordingly when the temps dip much below freezing. Coldest day in a tree...temps were single digit with 20-25mph Kansas winds coming off the lake. No issues staying in the tree that day.

08-Dec-21
I have two sets of Fall Predator jacket/bibs from Jeff from early 2000s. 2005 sounds about right. At the time, we had two homes and I kept a set at each place. Terrific stuff. I wear one of the jackets around the house and barn this time of year - super warm. I also have a set of black fleece (outer) lined jacket, bibs, hand muffler and balaclava Jeff made for me for hunting in ground blinds. It's still like new and I wear that outfit multiple times a year. The quality of these older garments is unsurpassed.

08-Dec-21
Day One is still up and running. I have ordered two items and am ordering the third. The business after 33 years is up for sale if anyone wants an opportunity.

08-Dec-21
Day One is still up and running. I have ordered two items and am ordering the third. The business after 33 years is up for sale if anyone wants an opportunity.

08-Dec-21
i have both day one and gww

i think gww is a little bit better but both are top notch

15-Feb-22
Up for the afternoon- how's the Gray Wolf Wolfskin with the liners?

15-Feb-22
It is awesome, super quiet and got mine with the insulation, really warm.

22-Nov-22
Searching for hidden/ gray wolf wool fall gray large pants or bibs .I am 185lbs 6 feet tall. Call Don 315 269 3330

23-Nov-22
I have a wolfskin comfortmax lined jacket with the wool outer

Believe they called it the 3 in 1 jacket. I never use it because it never gets that cold for me

I’d be willing to make someone a good deal on it if interested. It’s custom sized for me, 6’ 180lbs slim build

If interested text 504-613-8344

• Sitka Gear