OTC_Bowhunter 08-Dec-21
otcbowhunter 08-Dec-21
Birdman 08-Dec-21
01-Dec-21
Sounds fun!

01-Dec-21
That system sux

01-Dec-21
I got mine too. Original number 3,800. I got in about 1:45 after it started and I think only one Elk A zone was unavailable. My first choice of course.

01-Dec-21
I got mine, but was sold out by the time my hunting partner's number was up. I couldn't get both of us a tag at the same time. Apparently, your SOL if you are trying to party. Probably got a tag I wont use now. Did I miss something?

01-Dec-21
No Smurph you understand it perfectly. No party apps, each man for himself.

01-Dec-21
Correction for the figure of speech above: each “hunter” for themselves Don’t want to offend anyone.

01-Dec-21
Log into the waiting room at 11:30 got placed in line at 4966 my buddy 9863, not sure it was the way to go. Gonna be tough to get to hunt with your buddy at rate.

01-Dec-21
Use to hunt Idaho every year for many years , we'd even wait till summer to buy tags. The last two years are insane , why all the interest now ? guess the good ol days are gone.

02-Dec-21
Birdman - I’ve had the same experience. Years ago the wolves had hurt the elk numbers and most people stayed away. As elk numbers have come back the demand has as well - just my 2 cents. We used to buy our archery tags at the Walmart on our way to elk camp - those days are a distant memory. And that was only 4 yrs ago…

02-Dec-21
Used to be able to count on Idaho as my fall back state. As Old School said, not any more!

02-Dec-21
I got mine! #1242. Never hunted ID before. Lots to learn before September.

02-Dec-21
Can you return a tag and get a refund on your tag fee? If so, is there a deadline?

02-Dec-21
Hey OCT bowhunter my advice is get in shape , tough country , steep. I'd never hunt it if i didn't have mules to ride. what tag did you get?

02-Dec-21
Nor Cal, I tried to turn in a deer tag and its next to impossible. You have to prove that it is a hardship or your dying.. They told me that it rarely happens they allow a tag turn in. What i was told by IFG person. Ate a $600 tag. Expensive lesson.

03-Dec-21
I certainly agree that the days of getting my Bow elk tag after the other states draws are done------>

I was in transit--travelling home so I didn't even try this year.

'Aint' happening any more for like 3-4 years now.

Give 'em a call Tony about the Turn in Option..... 208-334-3700

Good luck, Robb

03-Dec-21
I called the Salmon Fish and Game office and they said you can turn your tag back in and get a full refund my $50.00 plus a processing fee. He just said it has to be before the season starts. Was this not accurate?

03-Dec-21
I wound like number 15000. Had a feeling that wasnt going to work out and i was right....working on plan b now.

03-Dec-21
I was #15,187 from the random pool. Needless to say my zone was gone. Back to the drawing board for mapping out next fall now.

03-Dec-21
I'm not sure getting into the waiting room was a good idea. Maybe should have just rolled the dice at 10am.

03-Dec-21
I don't know much about how does their Idaho tags. Are these for next year?

03-Dec-21
yes 2022, talk about hoping nothing happens to ya in the next almost 9 months.

05-Dec-21
Indelk, then you would've been behind everyone that was in the waiting room.

05-Dec-21
We could stop all this BS by not letting tags get returned. You bought it you use it or lose it. Fix pp system in Colorado you don't draw but still hunt the state for Elk on an OTC or second choice tag you only get .66 of a PP.

05-Dec-21
I got screwed by one of the hunting services that I paid good $ for, have to hope and draw a LE tag or else mine’s being returned minus 25% of the tag cost.

Can’t wait to be a resident of a Western state again

05-Dec-21
Idaho has become a mess. Preplanning a year is out the window. Love the state but probably can't hunt there anymore. They really need to solve the application problem. I'd rather have a draw system so a group can apply. Not too many nonresidents can hunt by themselves. I know of some guys who had 5 computers on and had 5 waiting room numbers. Not the way this is supposed to work

06-Dec-21
Yes, guys share their login information and have others trying to get them a tag hoping to up their odds of success in drawing a tag. It's real... There has to be a better way other than a free for all. TODDY

07-Dec-21
2nd year in a row I didn't get a tag for the unit I enjoy. Very frustrating but coming to grips with this new crazy reality. We can't change the situation so it's in our best interest to change our perspective. This year I use the "opportunity" and tried something new to me (antelope in WY).

08-Dec-21
"Hey OCT bowhunter my advice is get in shape , tough country , steep. I'd never hunt it if i didn't have mules to ride. what tag did you get?" Birdman LMAO! I run Ultra trail marathons all year long, Been hunting SW Colo since 2008. I know what steep and deep is. Diamond creek area looks like a cake walk compared to what I have been hunting.

08-Dec-21
Damn SS, that's awesome. Nothing better than Trail ultras to get you in mountain shape.

08-Dec-21
Well i guess your all set Oct bowhunter , don't get any frosting on your boots.

• Sitka Gear