Jaquomo 02-Dec-21
midwest 02-Dec-21
Jaquomo 02-Dec-21
Redfeathers 03-Dec-21
spike78 03-Dec-21
orionsbrother 03-Dec-21
orionsbrother 03-Dec-21
02-Dec-21
Gotta give a shout out to Duluth Trading Post for their customer service, in this age of virtually nonexistent service.

I ordered a pair of camo Firehose Flex pants a couple months ago (my favorite warm weather hunting/scouting/hiking pants). Finally got around to trying them on last week, after removing and tossing the tags and washing them first. Stupid me had unwittingly ordered the wrong size.

So I called the DTP 800 customer service number with low expectations, planning on a long hold followed by an incoherent conversation with a Spanish speaking person who will tell me I'm screwed after five "holds" and six "can you please repeat that".

Nope, instead I was immediately greeted by a friendly AMERICAN woman who advised me on how to return them, sans tags, for an exchange for the right size. Blew me away and made my morning. Great to do business with an American company that truly cares about the customer!

02-Dec-21
Most of thier products are made in China tho.

02-Dec-21
Good one Lou that is a feel good story too bad they are in the minority in dealings such as that Lewis

02-Dec-21
Good to hear the good stories instead of the bad all the time. Thanks for sharing it Lou.

I had a similar experience with great customer service on a call in to Lone Wolf tree stands a couple years ago. Some people still do take pride in what puts food on their tables.

02-Dec-21
Almost all clothes and shoes are made in China, Viet Nam, etc.. That's not the point.

02-Dec-21
Wish i could say the same for my ongoing saga with KUIU.. starting to get pretty frustrating with getting my refund on returned pants from a month ago..

Both of my calls to them end with you should be receiving that refund any day now...

02-Dec-21
Good info, I've been meaning to take a look at Duluth.

02-Dec-21
Product & service, Duluth sets the standard. Heartily recommend!

02-Dec-21
Good to hear on the company. But for the pants I hate the slash pockets. They empty out every time I sit down. LOL

02-Dec-21
I have not ordered any product yet, but will after your positive post... I always get a chuckle from their TV ads.

02-Dec-21
Second that. I had some returns with them recently and it was all handled super fast and easy. They even sent follow up and update emails as the items were being returned. Very impressed.

02-Dec-21
"I ordered a pair of camo Firehose Flex pants a couple months ago (my favorite warm weather hunting/scouting/hiking pants)."

Just admit that you wear them because of the name. ;-)

I am always happy to hear of other's great CS experiences, it is becoming a lost art.

02-Dec-21
Good to hear Lou!

Best business advice I ever received was take most all the money I spend on advertisement and put it in a "make it go away" fund. So when a customer calls and says something is not correct, I just do whatever it takes to make the customer happy, even if I 100% know they was in the wrong. Word of mouth, or internet, is the best source of advertising to me.

02-Dec-21
LMAO @ Matt!!!

02-Dec-21
Good to hear.

Try the extra long boxer briefs.

02-Dec-21
Update: I called to ask a question about the exchange process, learned I can't exchange for a different size, but must return for a refund and reorder the right size. The return costs $7.99. But I sweet-talked the gal into waiving the fee because I'm ordering more stuff for Christmas. More great service!

Matt, anything "Duluth" works for me. I had an awesome girlfriend during the summer I worked there in college... Plus "Firehose" sounds so macho! ;-)

02-Dec-21
We've all seen the 'firehose' in the infamous hip x-ray, Lou.

02-Dec-21
Yeah, Nick, I buy underwear at the "Big and Long shop...

03-Dec-21
I don’t know why I would go out and buy firehose underwear after dragging that stuff for 25 years??but I do, great product

03-Dec-21
I had a great experience with Scheels and will keep doing business with them. On another did you guys hear that Bass Pro is looking to buy Sportsman’s Warehouse oh please don’t!

03-Dec-21

03-Dec-21
Can we please stop talking about Lou’s x-ray? I don’t need that image in my head and I’m tired of my wife asking about it.

• Sitka Gear