Matt-6 11-Dec-21
Matt-6 11-Dec-21
Singlestring 11-Dec-21
Matt-6 12-Dec-21
Singlestring 12-Dec-21
Bou'bound 12-Dec-21
Kevin Dill 12-Dec-21
05-Dec-21
I'm wondering if we will ever be able to enter Canada without a vaccine again. I know nobody knows that answer but I'm curious what the non-vacciners are thinking about this? I just declined an opportunity to go on a spring bear hunt because of this. It wasn't an easy decision and I'm sure some think that's stupid, but I refuse to be forced to do something I don't agree with or support. What will the future hold? Will we ever be able to enter Canada again?

05-Dec-21
I’ll be heading there in May and hunting bears that have not been hunting in 3 years. Gonna be epic.

05-Dec-21
Vaccine requirements and proof of vaccination covid will probably be the new norm for future global travel. I think it will be "stay stubborn and stay home" or "vax and visit." Required vaccinations for certain diseases before being allowed into a country is nothing new. Check vaccination travel requirements with U.S. State Dept. or CDC.

It's all a personal decision of what you want to do.

05-Dec-21
Charlie that’s gonna be a hell of a trip.

05-Dec-21
Yes.

05-Dec-21
Yes. After Neuremburg 2.0, there will be a lot of changes…

05-Dec-21
Probably will be able to at some point in the future.

That future is probably a long ways away…..

05-Dec-21
Being “forced” is the new normal.

I’ve been to Canada 3 times non vaxed since the pandemia started but all under “compassionate” reasons.

Funny my other half, Canadian, refuses the vaccine so it’s cross and “stay at home” for 14 days.

05-Dec-21
So, can you enter unvaxed and quarantine for 14 days?

05-Dec-21
For those with the money to meet the new prices, next season will be a banner year for sheep!!

05-Dec-21
I don't foresee the vaccination requirement being dropped for entry into Canada....for a number of years if ever.

05-Dec-21
It’s all dependent of the next elections on both sides. It could end then or could be a permanent thing.

05-Dec-21
I love bear hunting too much to miss out. I held out and was vaccinated today. Reason being my wife is an ER nurse and now in the middle of the 4th surge. I’m 52 and in great shape and don’t feel if I stayed unvaccinated I would ever be hospitalized but I tested negative for anti bodies. There’s still the risk if I got Covid I could be pretty sick for a few weeks. So that and my desire to bear hunt I caved in. I do feel It’s insane that people are getting fired from their job for not being vaccinated on top of all the illegals pouring in with Covid.

05-Dec-21
Covid should be the least of your worries from the diseases being packed in across our southern border….

At least 100 different virus, bacteria, protozoa, amoeba, and parasitic caused diseases that are far deadlier than the China Virus, not endemic nor have been seen in the USA for many, many years are coming in waves.

Buckle up.

05-Dec-21
@ DC, if you have a "Good enough" excuse yes.

05-Dec-21
I’m not traveling internationally until this is over.. the last two.. Africa And Canada flights were awful.. hunts were great but the rest sucked.. just done.. plenty of opportunities in the good ole us of a..

05-Dec-21
No Canada for me anymore.

05-Dec-21
Ha, you “think” you can spend your money to hunt in the US, I feel like there could be vax required to travel domestically if it keeps going like it is…

I really see little to no hope to travel to Canada without vax in the near future, And possibly ever IMHO.

—Jim

05-Dec-21
Headed up in late May early June. Hunt those bears that forgot what a human looks like.

05-Dec-21

Pat Lefemine's embedded Photo
Pat Lefemine's embedded Photo
All my buddies stayed home from Rob Nye’s hunt because of the requirements.

I’m vaxed. Was tagged out in a day and a half. The guys that hunted there had a hell of a hunt,

05-Dec-21
Nice deer

05-Dec-21
My dad and I are headed to Sleeve Lake Outfitters in May. Cant wait to hunt bears that have had several years to get bigger with no pressure. Iys going to be epic.

05-Dec-21
Bear hunting this past year was already insane for those who hunted. Quality of deer coming out of outfitted camps in Sask this year was outstanding.

Few years break sure has a made a difference. Those lucky hunters getting in first. Really hope our province opens a second bear tag, because after a couple years of no outfitters the bear numbers are bonkers

05-Dec-21
There’s plenty of great bear hunting in US… if the leadership of Canada insist on shots, it will just hurt their economy… 5 years from now they will see.

It’s interesting how temptation can work upon one’s soul liberty and what man will give in exchange for his soul liberty.

05-Dec-21
I’m vaxed by choice, have had my Saskatchewan bear hunt pushed twice, and can’t wait for May to role around. I’m just hoping nothing closes the border to me again this year. Should be some big bears to be had.

05-Dec-21
In time the virus will mutate to a point it is no longer a public health threat and travel will resume as it was pre-COVID. My best guess is 2-3 years, but if early reports on the omicron variant are accurate and it becomes the dominant strain and is relatively benign it could be sooner. Fingers crossed.

05-Dec-21
Just to be clear. You all do realize that the USA requires proof of vaccination for non resident to enter?

05-Dec-21
hunter12345 please don’t point out the obvious. It’s much better to make Canada the demon.

Not to mention Canadians have had the border open to Americans for months while the US just recently opened to driving and added more stipulations than Canada…oh Canada Canada you evil country.

05-Dec-21

JohnMC's Link
You could always get a fake vac card. It work at least for a while for Antonio Brown

06-Dec-21
Hate to say it but with new covid variants popping up I would hesitate to make travel plans involving borders. If I wanted big bears I'd go to North Carolina.

06-Dec-21
I think the people who feel the COvID vaccination is a “refuse to be forced” issue are becoming a minority. The holdouts are looking at each other saying “remind me, what are we holding out for again?” .

With millions of world-wide vaccinations, there are OUS people begging to be immunized but are not afforded the opportunity. We are a society of freedom, but we also need to realize we are a society of fortunate. Being vaccinated for COvID should be the least of ones concern but social media will continue to harbor people who push unfettered and false information about the vaccine and there are people who swallow that info. So, being stubborn will do nothing but deny you opportunity, this pandemic is a world-wide issue, singularly, you are a speck.

06-Dec-21
Never understood the stupid "I'm not going to something they are forcing me to do" mentality... Do you people drive without a license? Do you work and not pay income taxes? Do you own a home and refuse real estate taxes? Do you enter events without paying for a ticket? Do you put your kids in the car without making them buckle-up?

I met a guy the other day in the drug store. I was getting my booster shot and he was getting his flu shot. He refuses to get the Covid Vax because a democrat wants him to, yet he gets the flu shot because he doesn't want to get sick...??? And these are the guys who think [I'm] brainwashed...

06-Dec-21
People Are the best entertainment one can ever hope to experience.

06-Dec-21

Shiras42's embedded Photo
Shiras42's embedded Photo
Last second trip at the end of August to Manitoba and one scheduled for May in Ontario. Ontario should have some good ones waiting in May.

06-Dec-21
This all makes me want to go bear hunting this spring :)

06-Dec-21
"There’s still the risk if I got Covid I could be pretty sick for a few weeks. "

you still have that risk

06-Dec-21
I’ve been to Canada to hunt but probably will never do it again. I got fully vaxed over a year ago to make my life easier at work(I’m an allied healthcare worker). Well, after getting the 2 shots AND anti-body test which showed “HIGH Anti-bodies), they changed the rules and required testing twice a week in addition to the masking. Meanwhile VISITORS to the nursing home unit I work on do NOT have to be vaccinated and are not even tested for COVID! Makes absolutely NO sense! : (

I refuse to get any booster and I will not get the seasonal flu shot this year- they can pound sand! SO TIRED OF PEOPLE TELLING ME WHAT I HAVE TO DO!!!!!!!!! : (

If that means I can only travel in the U.S., then SO BE IT!

06-Dec-21
Vaccine requirements to cross into Canada, Vaccine requirements to enter USA. I know a lot of Canadians who wont be crossing down to the USA with their vaccine requirements either. Whats going to get interesting with the supply chain is January when both countries start requiring trade/transport workers to be vaccinated to enter each country. I know of a lot of people crossing for the past 20 months who are unvaccinated and thought they'd never have to as 'essential travellers'.

06-Dec-21
Seems like a lot of folks like to cut off their noses these days…I don’t get it.

06-Dec-21
I went to Canada to fish the 2nd week the border was open in Aug. My son and I only got the spot due to a cancelation of people who were not vaccinated. What a great gift for me and my son. I am vaccinated and happy that I can travel the world. Can't wait to get back to Canada. I expect to see lots of Canadians this year at the resort we go to in MX whereas last May, there were none.

06-Dec-21
Owning property in Newfie, and being stuck here for 2 summers, you bet we will return. My wife and I are first responders and were totally vaxxed by the end of January. Got our boosters in November. As a firefighter, I performed CPR on two positive heart attack victims, and responded to several Covid runs. Never got sick. I went on the advice of our fire dept physician.

06-Dec-21
Had a client of mine lose complete control of all bodily functions and become paralyzed from Guillen Barre Syndrome due to the booster. It's not all flowers with this vaccine folks... My daughter nearly died due to vaccines (Prevnar) 9 years ago with Transverse Myelitis as her body rejected the vaccine and is still mostly paralyzed from the waist down and cannot get vaccinated. You guys (ksflatlander) making blanket statements like that are so fn self centered it's amazing. I'm by no means anti-vax so don't go there, I'm vaccinated...

I love Canada, and all of the folks that I have hunted with and cannot wait to see them again. Traveling in general is a hassle mainly due to the labor shortage. Delayed bags, horrible service, etc... Rob Nye's place is amazing and such a great fun guide.. Can't wait to hunt with him again..

06-Dec-21
It’s called FREEDOM ks...........

06-Dec-21
Heading to New Brunswick in June for Bear and BC for moose in September.

Vaxed and ready to get there.

06-Dec-21
I am vaxed with booster. I tested positive last week. Wife & Daughter are nurses & covid is crazy right now, vaxed & unvaxed.. Though I got vaxed I still feel our leaders that are "in the know" are not... I still feel it "should be" personal choice... I don't think there is enough "real, truthful" information out there on if Vax really helps... Sadly, we "don't know" what is going on with Covid yet...

06-Dec-21

Treeline's embedded Photo
Well, this is Scotland.

06-Dec-21
That chart doesn't look homemade at all.....

06-Dec-21
Treeline- ................................I just heard that on the news at noon today! THey stated the latest research out of the UK is showing that for those under 60 y/o, your chance of being hospitilized or dying of COVID is DOUBLE if you are VACCINATED! (compared to UNvaccinated individuals)

I wonder how long it will take before we see it on CBS, ABC, NBC news etc.....................

06-Dec-21

The science says that these injections do not prevent contracting, transmitting, nor dying from Covid. So - not effective.

The science also shows the just getting these shots is causing far more injuries than any vaccine in history. We still have no long-term data on how these injections will affect people’s health long term. So - not safe.

Pretty damn straightforward.

Now, why in the hell would any government or company force people to take these shots?

Why in the hell would anyone take these shots if they knew this?

06-Dec-21

Here’s another one on data from Scotland…

06-Dec-21

bigeasygator's Link
Well, this is Scotland.

Showing case percentages is completely meaningless without providing overall vaccination data. If you would have done that, you would see that (for the umpteenth time), the vaccinated are far less likely to contract COVID, be hospitalized, or die from the disease as over 90% of the population of Scotland is fully vaccinated.

"“A higher overall number of COVID-19 related deaths among people who are vaccinated compared to those who are unvaccinated can be seen in current weekly reporting due to the fact that over 90% of individuals in Scotland are fully vaccinated against COVID-19”, it said in an email. “For those aged 50 and over, this is at almost 100%.”

For the dates referenced in the graph (here), it shows that there were 261 double vaccinated acute hospital admissions, out of 3.4 million people who had received both doses.

On the other hand, there were 153 admissions out of 1 million unvaccinated people.

This means that 8 out of every 100,000 fully vaccinated individuals were hospitalised, compared to 15 out of every 100,000 unvaccinated individuals, the PHS report says."

So >10% of the population accounting for 40% of the cases, 30% of the hospitalizations, and 15% of the deaths.

06-Dec-21

KSflatlander's Link
“A chart circulating on social media takes a snapshot of COVID-19 statistics in Scotland, broken down by vaccination status. The chart shows a higher total number of deaths and hospitalisations in the vaccinated group, seemingly casting doubt over the value of a vaccine, but it fails to record that the total population of vaccinated individuals in Scotland is much higher than the population of unvaccinated individuals.”

“For the dates referenced in the graph (here), it shows that there were 261 double vaccinated acute hospital admissions, out of 3.4 million people who had received both doses.

On the other hand, there were 153 admissions out of 1 million unvaccinated people.

This means that 8 out of every 100,000 fully vaccinated individuals were hospitalised, compared to 15 out of every 100,000 unvaccinated individuals, the PHS report says.”

“Similarily, it notes that there were 1,500 COVID-19 cases per 100,000 unvaccinated individuals compared to 420 COVID-19 cases per 100,000 individuals vaccinated with two doses.

It also states that from 29 Dec. 2020 to 19 Aug. 2021, 85.1% of COVID-19 deaths were in unvaccinated individuals, while 7.6% had received one dose and 7.3% had received two doses.“

06-Dec-21

KSflatlander's Link
“But the posts misinterpret the data in VigiAccess. The submitted reports are not verified and cannot be used to conclude that an adverse effect was caused by a vaccine. COVID-19 vaccines have been proven to be safe and effective.”

06-Dec-21

Brotsky's embedded Photo
Brotsky's embedded Photo
Everyone should be able to make their own choice. I found this local data interesting though.

06-Dec-21
Eventually you will. All the scardy-cats keeping you out via vaccination status will die off before long because their immune systems just won't be robust enough. You know, kind of a Neanderthal thing.

06-Dec-21
1 million of 3.4 million is a lot less than 90% I am not a antivacer but the those numbers don't add up.

06-Dec-21

bigeasygator's Link
1 million of 3.4 million is a lot less than 90% I am not a antivacer but the those numbers don't add up.

Good point. The difference in percentages (77% vs. 90%) could have to do with the timeframe over which information is being reported, and for which populations are under discussion as more age groups have been opened up to receiving the vaccine.

At the link you can find more details on the extent to which vaccines have been rolled out in Scotland. The article highlights that in the over-40 crowd, they are now at 95% fully vaccinated (not inclusive of boosters).

06-Dec-21
It would not be 77% either -- roughly 71%

06-Dec-21
3.4 (vaxed) divided by 4.4 (vaxed+unvaxed) = 77%

06-Dec-21
Shawn Magyar- Instead of "SingleString" you should of went with "SillyString" this time...this time being woke/canceled number 23.

06-Dec-21
Well, the latest figures from our little county in PA showed over 30% of new cases , new hospitalizations and new deaths were from the VACCINATED. ANd funny that almost all of the new cases you hear in the media of celebrities, sports figures and politicians are VACCINATED..............................................

06-Dec-21
Well, the latest figures from our little county in PA showed over 30% of new cases , new hospitalizations and new deaths were from the VACCINATED

Care to provide a link to the data for more context?

I also guess another way to say that is 70% of the cases, hospitalizations, and deaths are from the unvaccinated. Considering the % of the population vaccinated in PA is 60% statewide, it's just another point that shows you're better off being vaccinated.

06-Dec-21
If there is anything I have learned through these COVID threads, it is that the same people who were bad at math a year ago are still bad at math.

They should leave the misinformation campaigns to the Russians and Chinese, they are so much better at it.

06-Dec-21
ks flat head still have your nose up shawn's arse. hopefully he doesn't stop quickly !

06-Dec-21
Bigeasy- I saw it on our local cable news and couldn’t get my phone out quick enough to get a pic of it. My point was that Fauci and all the politicians that keep pushing the VAX said that getting it would protect you from the virus. Then they said it would lessen the effects if you got it reducing hospitalization, then finally if you were hospitalized it would prevent you from dying.....................

Well, I’m not an expert, but when the stats show OVER 30% of VACCINATED in all 3 categories, I don’t consider that very effective!

06-Dec-21
It’s effective in allowing me to hunt in Canada

06-Dec-21
Rut I think the point is. Let say there are a million people in PA (know there is a lot more than but simple math). 600,000 vacs'ed. 400,000 not vacs'ed if the 60% vacs'ed is correct. Let say 10,000 end up in hospital. that be 3000 of 600,000 vacs'ed and 7000 of 400,000 not vacs'ed in hospital. If the vacs did nothing you expect about 6000 from the vacs'ed group and 4000 from the not vacs'ed group if there were still 10,000 hospitalized(safe assumption that number would be higher. But the number show a much smaller percentage of vacs'ed in hospital.

Certainly numbers are not as good as we told in the began but still a big improvement. Also I would guess if you looked at the higher risk groups, age, other medical issue, fat those are vacs'ed at lot higher percentage than the youth/heathy. Making the number more significant.

06-Dec-21

DanaC's Link
Times are crazy indeed. Before today I never suspected that here *was* a strategic reserve of maple syrup...

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-59555141

06-Dec-21
We also never thought of a vaccine as a bear necessity.

06-Dec-21
The problem with vaccinations is it has become very political and divides people. I had polio along with other kids in first grade. I lucked out while my cousin died and two friends ended up with leg braces. The Salk vaccine came along too late. I trust both my doctor, who earned a Phd in virology before going into med school, and our station doc. I believe in free choice too. I choose the vaccine. I don’t care if one isn’t vaccinated. I am protected, so far. Life is a crap shoot, but I don’t like to bet it all. So far, so good. I have bigger things to worry about, like if I will ever see that buck I missed with my longbow two weeks ago.

06-Dec-21
LOL, @Kevin

Well stated and heck of a tale, Lawdy. Like you, I respect the right of people who choose not to get vaccinated even if I do disagree with their choice. However, what I do have a problem with is people who try to justify their position with false science and misinformation.

06-Dec-21
vaccines are not political any more than guns kill people. people are political.

vaccines don't dived people............... people choose to be divisive.

06-Dec-21

06-Dec-21

LOL, @Kevin Well stated and heck of a tale, Lawdy. Like you, I respect the right of people who choose not to get vaccinated even if I do disagree with their choice. However, what I do have a problem with is people who try to justify their position with false science and misinformation.

You mean like when Fauci and the politicians said these mandates would only be temporary.....................just long enough to “flatten the curve?” Meanwhile, the curve has long been flattened and here we are 21 MONTHS later with no end in sight to these mandates! People are losing their jobs(due to vax mandate), families are being torn apart (vax vs anti-vax) and our economy is going in the crapper................ALL in the name of “SCIENCE!” : (

06-Dec-21

Nemophilist's embedded Photo
Interesting

06-Dec-21

Interesting

07-Dec-21
try going to Africa, lol

07-Dec-21
I am Canadian and fully vaccinated. My fishing trip to Brazil was cancelled and changed several times due to Covid. I booked my flights through a travel agent in Miami (same agent the U.S. based Fishing Outfitter uses) I flew from Toronto to Ft. Lauderdale and on to Brazil. Had a great trip until I tried to return home. Azul Airlines said USA was refusing my entry to US as I was not American? Had my vaccines and my 72 hour negative test but refused my entry and left me stranded in Brazil at midnight on a Sunday! Would not even try to look on their computers to find me another flight. Said Brazil was a hot spot and needed to protect American Citizens even from a 62 year old Canadian that had a negative test, was fully vaccinated and was never going to leave the airport in Ft. Lauderdale. A two hour cab ride in the middle of the night, $1600 later (Cdn. funds...much less in US dollars!), no sleep for 2-full days I finally arrived home through Panama. Both travel agent and outfitter said they never heard about the rule? Point is.....even when you think you are following all the rules you get jammed! The World has changed and rules seem to change daily. I do not think Canada will open it's borders to unvaccinated hunters or fishermen for a very long time and the economy will suffer. Anyways, I hope everyone (Unvaccinated and vaccinated) a safe and enjoyable holiday season.

07-Dec-21
I wonder how many Canadians wonder if they will ever be able to cross into the USA again without being vaccinated? Two sides to every coin. How big of a hit will USA economy take without international tourism? At this point it boils down to personal freedom of choice. Get vaccinated, hope for the best, or stay home. I’m not saying I agree, or that it is right or wrong, just the way it is. I’m 67, have respiratory issues, weighed the options, gambled on the side of medical science, got vaccinated, boostered, and hope for the best outcome. Hope I survive long enough to get my Saskatchewan bear hunt in in May. Everyone stay well, regardless of your choice.

07-Dec-21
I'm hate the vaccine mandates and I hate that we are calling what is basically a flu shot a vaccine when it is not even actually a true vaccine. But then it's okay to call girls boys and boys girls these days so you can call anything you want anything you would like it to be.

That being said, I will probably get the shot because I am not willing to die on this hill, and not willing to give up my Canadian hunting and fishing for this stupidity. That's just me.

07-Dec-21
I have a bear hunt booked, and paid for nearly 2/3s of it since 2000. I took the shots and booster, willingly so as I believe the science supports it, just like taking my daily shots being a diabetic the science supports I will live. Even if I was opposed, I would take the shots to get into Canada so I can bear hunt again. Like Bentstick said above, this just isn't the hill for me.

Merry Christmas, and a safe and healthy one also!

07-Dec-21
I will stay out of the vaccine debate. Do what you like.

What is disturbing is how bad some people are at figuring out meaningful percentages from a set of simple numbers. And the people don't seem to realize it, at all.

08-Dec-21
10 years from now I predict instead of lawyer ads for Round up and Paraquat, it will be, did you receive the Covid 19 vaccination ? Call us and we’ll get you all that you deserve . LOL

08-Dec-21
Take a look at the hierarchy of controls model. This has been used by the National Safety Council since they were created in the 1950s and best practice before then. Its an inverted pyramid, guess where Personal Protective Equiment (PPE) is? On the bottom as its the least effective. . Facial covering isn't even considered PPE by CDC, OSHA , NIOSH or anyone else. Its supposed to be a source barrier. The effectiveness is highly variable, but it does have a ASTM std which is very interesting for the minimum requirements.

On top is avoidance, herd Immunity or vaccine,followed by engineering(barriers, distancing), substitution(e.g. virtual meetings), administrative (e.g training).... You need to practice all the hierarchy of controls not just pick and choose if you wish to be successful.

08-Dec-21
Great post Lawdy! I chose the shot for my wife that has cancer and doing what I can to keep her safe, but I also believe strongly in choice. God bless you all and whatever you decide.

08-Dec-21
Getting the vaccine, or not; is one's choice. My family chose to get it and my son-in-law was forced...federal job! As to getting into Canada; my group fully intends to go through with our bear hunts in spring of 2022! Hopefully nothing keeps us out.

08-Dec-21
I don’t see anything changing regarding travel restrictions for a long, long time. The virus will continue to mutate and is going nowhere. Too many politicians and others are enjoying their new found powers over the rest of us too much.

10-Dec-21
I don't get how bad people are at math. Johnny has 100 oranges and Lucy as 10 oranges. Johnny has 4 oranges that are rotten. Lucy only has 2 rotten oranges. Some people in this group think Lucy has a better orange crop because Johnny has twice as many rotten oranges.

Scotland is 95% vaccinated so. Do the math correctly.

This is coming from a guy who doesn't agree with vaccine mandates but also hates misinformation.

I'm vaccinated for COVID and a million other things seeing that I work in healthcare. Doesn't bother me but I get how it bothers other people. You could inject me with a lot of things if it meant going to Canada. Use your imagination.

10-Dec-21
AZ Canuckistan. HAHAHAHA. I'm using that.

10-Dec-21
I identify as vaccinated, that good enough?

10-Dec-21
Well our collective governments have done a fantastic job of taking what is a relatively straightforward issue and politicizing it to fantastically muck it up. That's for sure. Open and honest communication all the way along would have been far too much to ask.

Honestly curious - for the people that don't trust 95% of doctors today: Will you ever trust them again? Or are you going on your knowledge from here on out?

10-Dec-21
I'll trust the 5 percent

10-Dec-21
Facts, most American MD's are corrupted by big pharma $$$...

10-Dec-21
Darren, does worldatlas.com give you the average lifespan of the other 95.77 % world population in respect to what it is in the United States? Or does it stop short of that fact? Just curious. And I’m not arguing that drug costs in the United States are or are not higher cost than a lot of other countries.

10-Dec-21

Matt-6's Link

10-Dec-21
Don't worry, others will be standing in line to take your tags.

11-Dec-21
As an Emergency Medicine physician for 30 years I have dedicated my entire adult life to trying to help people. To those of you who no longer trust physicians I hope you don’t break your leg, need to get your appendix out or get very sick from COVID, or anything else for that matter. Good luck.

11-Dec-21
Dr. Leffler X2. Yeah, stay home the next time you need a doctor. A bunch of empty hollow words the next time they or their loved ones have a medical emergency. I think that’s called a hypocrite.

11-Dec-21
One other interesting note about USA and your medical system with its corrupt doctors.

USA is the 12th fattest country on the planet by obesity rates. That has nothing to do with your medical system and mostly to the relationship with sugar and portion sizes. Of the obese countries USA has the highest lifespan. So being 42nd as far as lifespan while being 12th fattest is probably a decent accomplishment. You have to admit that regardless of whether doctors are corrupt having that many obese people is going to have a massive impact on drugs consumed. Especially when USA is a wealthy country and therefore has the ability to pay for said drugs. Think of all the ailments and surgeries cause by obesity. When joints no longer work right because they’ve been hauling a giant load for 20 years people go on meds to handle the pain and are happy for it. All other things aside. Obesity is an underlying cause or risk factor for nearly everything you can think of….including COVID

11-Dec-21
I have yet to get the jab. If I wanted to go to Canada and kill a bear, I'd get the jab, big whoop. Or, we have bears here. I spent 20 years in the military, was stationed overseas 4 tours. I have no idea what jabs I got, I just know lots of them. After 20 years in the military, and being out for 20 years, I still don't like waiting in line or being told what to do. That being said, when it comes down to it, I'll get the jab and carry my papers, or stay home. You are being forced to do something you don't want to, either way.

11-Dec-21
I am not one to jump on the America is fat , lazy and obese wagon. Especially given the BMI charts go back to the 1880s. Anybody who thinks I fit on that obese, out of shape location hasn't followed me into the swamp, brushy woodlands carrying a stand and a pack for 45 minutes to an hour. My joints are bad due to bad genetics , Lyme disease and arthritis and mileage.

Tires my 18 yr son out and he has minimal body fat and hits the gym 3-4 times a week, and a soccer player. I impress him and his friends when I top out the leg press machine. Could I lose some weight? yeah. Usually do by the end of the hunting season.

Nothing worse than watching a family member or friend die in the hospital as they shrink way past their supposed BMI and have nothing left in the tank to fight. It used to be a sign of success having a little meat and fat on the bones. As one of my Hispanic friends used to say when we would look for prospective dates: " Bone is for the dog, meat is for the man." Canada depends alot on tourism, better open up the border for older, fat men to go hunting and fishing soon, or we will find other places to do it.

11-Dec-21

beemann's embedded Photo
beemann's embedded Photo
Man it just keeps getting crazier and crazier around here....

11-Dec-21
Tony, no one is saying you are fat and out of shape. But it’s the one thing everyone comments on when they visit USA. Tons of obese people. As a population, the USA is obese and there’s no way around it. One trip to a Walmart tells you all you need to know. Don’t worry, Canada isn’t “Mr Svelt” either. But you can’t ignore the relationship between obesity and drug use. Yet, your country still ranks high in lifespan. All I’m saying is your system isn’t as bad as some make it out to be.

Here in the province of Manitoba we are 150,000 surgeries behind. Years worth. Thanks to no private health care, there will be no catching up.

11-Dec-21
Hackbow- you’re so predictable. Baiting me with a straw man so you can start your personal attacks. So funny, a guy who thinks humans and dinosaurs were walking around the earth together 5000 years ago wants to lecture anyone on scientific or biological fact. Save it. It’s so easy to see where you’re going with this.

Yep, those doctors are all bad…until you need one.

11-Dec-21

Singlestring's embedded Photo
Singlestring's embedded Photo
Not at all different from a Social Marxist is it Hack?

“ all good til you run outta other peoples money” right?

11-Dec-21

Matt-6's Link

11-Dec-21

Matt-6's Link

11-Dec-21
Got us a keeper here.

12-Dec-21

Matt-6's Link
Watch "Post-Pandemic-Stress-Disorder (PPSD) may cause major heart problems (from Livestream #107)" on YouTube https://youtu.be/v4gUF6t-7Mg

12-Dec-21
Whats it say about TDS?

12-Dec-21
……………. All the guy asked was if people would be able to hunt in Canada without testing and we end up with this.

Anyone going bear hunting this spring.

12-Dec-21
"Anyone going bear hunting this spring[?]"

I'd love to but have no reservation with any of the top outfits. 1 hour to pack my bags and I'm rtg.

Thank you Steve Leffler. Much admiration.

• Sitka Gear