skull 08-Dec-23
skull 08-Dec-23
skull 08-Dec-23
smarba 08-Dec-23
BOHNTR 08-Dec-23
skull 08-Dec-23
BOHNTR 08-Dec-23
06-Dec-21
My wife and I are building a new house. We’re building a dining room that is 19’6” x 11’6”. 10 foot ceiling. Will have a 12x4 Amish made table under it. I’m giving my wife 2 small elk racks, 6 small whitetail sheds, and 13 full whitetail racks from about 110”-140”

We’d like to find a chandelier maker to use our antlers for a custom creation to put in this dining room over the table.

Anybody know of anyone?

06-Dec-21
Wolfe Taxidermy villisca iowa

06-Dec-21
Pretty easy to make one yourself. Find chandelier size you want. Paint drab or with textured stone paint, strap antlers to chandelier with leather strips tied. I made one of deer antlers from a trashy fixture in our house we were going to throw away. Turned out amazing. I will have to get a photo as it's currently at a rental home.

06-Dec-21
Log home magazines usually have ads for antler lighting. Maybe one of those companies would be willing to use your antlers to make one for you. Please be sure to post pics when you get it done!

06-Dec-21
try these guys,,,,,,,,,,, antler chandelier shop,,, phone #800.975.4214........ they do custom orders,,,,,,,,

06-Dec-21
Hey Bake good friend of mine makes amazing chandeliers. Lives about a mile from me. Let me know if you want contact info. I could check up on it for ya ;)

He has all his antler buying licenses etc

13-Dec-21
I make them. Using someones antlers is difficult but not impossible. Generally I start with a pile of dozens ( or hundreds) to end up with a well balanced and matching chandelier of 10-15 total antlers. Mixing species makes it even more challenging, all depends on what the guy with the money wants, like everything else in the world. Give me a call at 970-531-0555 and I can send pics of previous work.

13-Dec-21
Call "bone heads " buffalo wy.

14-Dec-21
I am with squirrel I briefly looked into it. Depends of how far you want to go with it. There is a reason they are crazy expensive. Not sure if this is the right term but they use laser guided drill to run wires through and horns.

I am sure Smarbas is amazing - that is the other option - trying to DIY and hide wires - not a good plan unless you have 50 hours or more of time to do it - cutting a groove and patching to match horns.

It all depends on the results you are looking for. Not sure about mixing deer & elk horns personally I would prefer one or the other - but it could come out amazing I am jsut having a hard time picturing it.

15-Dec-21

smarba's embedded Photo
smarba's embedded Photo
smarba's embedded Photo
smarba's embedded Photo
I only have a poor cell phone picture, but the chandelier looks amazing in person. It started out as a gaudy brass chandelier worthy of the scrap heap. I painted the entire thing with stone textured spray paint.

Next I replaced the top and bottom portions of the body with gray aged sections of log that I drilled holes through and threaded the original long threaded rod through that held the gaudy brass shapes together in the first place.

Then I arranged deer antlers and connected them to the arms of the chandelier with bailing wire so I could bind them tightly, and wrapped leather strips around the connections to cover the wire.

The candelabra bodies were originally white so I spray painted them bronze.

16-Dec-21
that looks great. really well done.

16-Dec-21

Whocares's embedded Photo
Here's one I bought at the Kremmling fair maybe 15 yrs ago at a booth a guy from the Grandby area had. It is 3 ft diameter. Also bought an all elk Antler glass topped coffee table and a elk Antler floor lamp from him. He made all of them . Said he found a lot of sheds but bought most of them. Can't recall his name. Maybe Squirrel or somebody in that area knows of him. Believe he was native American.

16-Dec-21

Here's another pic.

19-Dec-21

BULELK1's Link
Those are really nice-looking Chandeliers ..........

Here is a place that ya might want to looking Bake, see my link.

I've talked with them a couple times over the years.

With the price of shed antlers being $12--$15 a pound and you having so many, have ya thought about trading them for something that's already done?

That's what I did on the 1 in my Master Bedroom,

Robb

19-Dec-21

BULELK1's embedded Photo
BULELK1's embedded Photo
Not big and overwhelming just for the M-Bedroom

19-Dec-21

BULELK1's embedded Photo
Another Angle--------->
BULELK1's embedded Photo
Another Angle--------->
Whatever you decide, enjoy for sure

Good luck, Robb

01-Dec-23
Nice job on the home made one! Looks great

01-Dec-23

APauls's embedded Photo
APauls's embedded Photo
APauls's embedded Photo
APauls's embedded Photo
APauls's embedded Photo
Drilling his first hole
APauls's embedded Photo
Drilling his first hole
I know Blane made it up to pick up his antler chandelier, because he managed to try ice fishing for the first time and made a road trip out of it ;)

01-Dec-23
Dang drive-by posters….

01-Dec-23
Oh Adam! That was fun!!

I ended up buying an elk antler chandelier from a friend of Adam’s outside Winnipeg. I’d post a pic but I don’t have one on my phone right now. I’ll try to remember in a couple days. It worked out well

05-Dec-23

Bake's embedded Photo
Bake's embedded Photo
My wife wants me to make sure everyone knows that I missed her birthday to go to canada and ice fish and pick this up ;)

06-Dec-23
If you don’t have the antlers. They can be purchased. Then either buy a chandelier that has the structure and size you want. And install the antlers. Remove the light fixture parts not needed.

It’s very easy.

Or buy all the components at a lighting contractor store and build it. It doesn’t take trophy sized sheds to build. 150” ish MD antler sheds are large enough.

06-Dec-23

skull's embedded Photo
skull's embedded Photo
Funny how this tread come up right on the middle my work project, I still have more work to do, maybe I can get some tips on here, this what I have so far

06-Dec-23

skull's embedded Photo
skull's embedded Photo

07-Dec-23

Altitude Sickness 's embedded Photo
Altitude Sickness 's embedded Photo
Skull, the easiest way is to buy an existing light that you like. And add antlers to it.

Since you’re using moose antlers. I would take thin wire and guy off, or reinforce weak areas. Paint the wire to blend in. Or if you have a mig welder add reinforcement. And ensure the suspension wire or chain is heavy enough.

Get your chain length, then add a small caribiner or quick disconnect of some sort to make hanging it easy

07-Dec-23
Skull first step: reinforce your ceiling beam!!! LOL

Totally agree with Altitude on attaching antlers to existing light.

08-Dec-23

skull's embedded Photo
skull's embedded Photo
Really appreciated the advice. I’m pretty happy with the final result, this is in my outdoor kitchen.

08-Dec-23

skull's embedded Photo
skull's embedded Photo
A few more pictures

08-Dec-23

skull's embedded Photo
skull's embedded Photo

08-Dec-23
Turned out GREAT! Is the wire coming down along/thru the chain (I don't see it), or is the light battery/remote operated?

08-Dec-23

BOHNTR's embedded Photo
BOHNTR's embedded Photo
There’s a place up where I retired that makes/creates them…..they were pretty cheap at the time I built my house too.

08-Dec-23
For know Is the battery light, well see how it works, eventually I think need hardwired light BOHNTR looks good nothing cheap these days, are they real antlers or reproduction?

08-Dec-23
This one is Repo's. They had real ones there too.....a bit too heavy for my liking.

• Sitka Gear