MA-PAdeerslayer 13-Dec-21
EmbryOklahoma 14-Dec-21
Dino 14-Dec-21
PECO 16-Dec-21
bad karma 22-Dec-21
MA-PAdeerslayer 22-Dec-21
HDE 22-Dec-21
07-Dec-21
There is always a lot of talk about different recipes for brats, summer sausage, pepperoni sticks, etc. but what about for burger? Does anyone have any good recipes for the spices they add to burger?

07-Dec-21
Best Sloppy Joes

1 lb ground venison 1/4 cup onion 1/4 cup green peppers 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder 1 teaspoon prepared yellow mustard 3/4 cup ketchup 3 teaspoons brown sugar Salt and pepper to taste

I like the Hawaiin Buns with a slice of swiss cheese.

07-Dec-21
Chopped jalapeño in the meat

07-Dec-21
Add shredded bacon and/or a tablespoon of bacon grease per pound.

Ok, I add two tablespoons :)

07-Dec-21
I mix smoked bacon when I do the grinds. I made some big salsibury type burgers last week out of the muley I got.

I put maybe 1.5 - 2 lbs of meat in a bowl. Add a whole roll of crunched up crackers, a couple of jumbo eggs, diced up onions, salt, pepper and lemon flavored adobe seasoning. You can also add some Italian seasoning bread crumbs too. Mix up real good and make the patties in the size you desire. Lay in a Pammed dish, add some mushrooms, more onion slices and a jar of your fav gravy (or spaghetti sauce) Cover dish with aluminum foil and put int center of oven at 350 for maybe 30 - 40 minutes depending on your oven. When done you can put it over a bed of rice or the flat noodles of your choice. Biscuits or garlic bread doesn't hurt either.

07-Dec-21
Not sure if your asking about adding seasoning to the initial grind or venison burger recipes. We put roughly 10lbs pork shoulder to 40 lbs venison in our grind. As far as recipes we don't buy beef at all so anything that can be done with ground beef we use venison. Burgers, Salisbury steak, burgers & gravey, lasagna, spaghetti, meatloaf, tacos, burritos, inchiladas, casadias, chili, stuffed peppers, stuffed shells, meatballs, etc, etc,

07-Dec-21
I'm referring to adding spices to raw venison at the time of grinding. Then I would freeze in patties for later use.

07-Dec-21
I'm referring to adding spices to raw venison at the time of grinding. Then I would freeze in patties for later use.

07-Dec-21
I like to put a little relish and Peter lugers steak sauce and mix it all up with the ground venison… make the burgers and enjoy

07-Dec-21
Mix 2 parts venison with 1 part wild hog. Excellent formula.

Marinate meat with garlic flavored olive oil and Montreal steak seasoning.

One excellent burger !

07-Dec-21
I like to mix in some fatty beef burger or beef fat to make good patties. I also mix in a little olive oil, salt, pepper, onion and garlic powder. I have been smoking and reverse searing to about 130 deg. Dome and rest about 15 min.

07-Dec-21
As I do lots of burgers and I think we are talking wild game, its is cooked on a grill. Pure game, game plus 10% beef fat, pork fat you have to play around with and decide. I tend to add coarse pepper, lemon pepper (check the ingredients, if salt is the first ingredient, pay up for a version that it is not), lowreys seasoning salt and do not OVER COOK. I LIKE .4-.5# patties and grill about 4 min to a side. Cheese goes on when they are flipped. Sautéed onions and mushroom are a mainstay. You can experiment with adding worstehire, liquid smoke, pickapepper, etc to the patty. I like a thinner bun but have taken out the mixdle 3rd of sone quality buns and been happy. Consider avocado or whatever to get your signature burger down.

07-Dec-21
Add Lipton's onion soup, quick and easy...

07-Dec-21
Lately it's A1, olive oil, garlic salt & fresh ground pepper up to 24 hours before cooking. Sometimes due to time it may only marinate a few minutes.

Don't overcook, butter and grill the buns as well, add cheese, onion, bacon and a fried over-medium egg on top for me. Rest of the family thinks thats weird.

07-Dec-21
I have heard of the Lipton soup seasoning before. Might try that one soon.

08-Dec-21
Another vote for the Lipton soup …onion or onion and mushroom both are great

08-Dec-21

08-Dec-21
JL, I'm keeping my venison fresh in the field... but when I do get one ,that recipe of yours will be the first meal... that sounds great. scentman

08-Dec-21
We grind out venison with beef fat (15%) and freeze in 1# packages.

Patties are a 1:1 mix of venison burger to spicey deer (or Jimmy Dean's HOT) sausage. Add one egg and some Panko breadcrumbs as a binder, plus a splash of Worcestershire and your good to go.

08-Dec-21
I like my burgers 'simple', and side dishes on the side. Regardless of the meat, a good sear and don't over cook or over 'dress'. Lettuce, tomato and mayo.

For a change-up, use home-made 1000 Island dressing - mayo, ketchup, pickle relish and a dash of Worcestershire sauce.

08-Dec-21
^^^^ this but onion a must lots of onions

08-Dec-21
Any enhanced Goulash recipes? Nothing better than venison based Goulash... yum!

08-Dec-21
In Dutch oven pot, Sautee a chopped onion. Add 1# burger and brown. Add some mushroom if you want. Once it's browned add 1 28 oz can diced tomatos, 8 oz can tomato sauce, 10 oz can RO TEL Original, and simmer well. On the side boil 3 cups large elbow macaroni, drain and add to meat mixture. Simmer well. I sometimes add some cut up polish sausage pieces. Serve this with liberal cheddar cheese powder sprinkled over the top. Great northern MN comfort food!

08-Dec-21
I feel compelled to make this one^ . After all, I am from Bemidji!

08-Dec-21
Some supermarkets have Bacon ends (end cuts when packaging). Mix them in with the venison during the grind. I also love jalapeño in my seasoning.

09-Dec-21
My wife is from Warroad.

Whenever I talk to Minnesotans it usually goes like this:

"My wife is from northern MN"

"Oh really? Where at? We have property up there"

"Warroad"

"...Oh...she is from WAY up north"

09-Dec-21
8×10 baking pan or bigger for large family. Cooking spray. Enough enchilada sauce to cover bottom. Then Corn or flour tortilla. Then cooked ground venison chopped onions sliced jalapeños cheddar cheese & a drizzle of enchilada sauce then repeat with 2nd layer except hold off on cheese bake 300 oven until bubbling good then add cheese & back in oven until melted. We call this Mexican casserole. Sometimes we also add refried beans & my wife isn't much on jalapeños so Sometimes we'll put green chilies on half for her.

09-Dec-21
As Andy Griffith would say... " mm, goooood! Sightings are low this season, I needs me some "speedbeef"!

09-Dec-21

scentman's embedded Photo
scentman's embedded Photo
Fatten at the birdfeeder.

09-Dec-21

JL's embedded Photo
JL's embedded Photo
I think this is a dish of antelope enchiladas and a bowl of refrieds w/chips.

09-Dec-21

JL's embedded Photo
JL's embedded Photo
This is either a deer or antelope taco salad. You can get the shell molds off of EBay or Amazon pretty cheap and make your own salad shells.

13-Dec-21
Smashburger.

13-Dec-21
Smashburger for me also (15% bacon added), salt, pepper and onion are a must.

13-Dec-21
Just did a batch with jalapeño, onion and bacon. Delicious! Little kick and delicious.

14-Dec-21
Guess I’ll have some burgers this week, gawd.

14-Dec-21
Timex! Just finished a meal of your enchiladas recipe! That was damn good! Thanks for the inspiration! Loved it and can’t wait to try it again!

16-Dec-21
For sausage, we mix pork but and spices, always tweaking the recipe. We also just grind and freeze in 1 pound packages. The pure ground venison is great for chili, speghetti sauce, Mexican dishes, etc. If making burgers for the grill we add bacon and seasoning. Some egg and pork rinds (smashed up, instead of bread crumbs) for flavor and a binding agent.

22-Dec-21
Brioche or your favorite bun. Spinach instead of lettuce. Burger, preferably bow-killed game. Caramelized onions. Gruyere cheese The best bacon you can find. Blackberry or Lingonberry, low sugar preserves.

Try it, it is outstanding.

22-Dec-21
Kevin I’ve done similar. Sautéed the spinach wkth mushroom, and onion and on fresh made garlic cheese chibata. Fresh cut bacon from a local farmer that was probably close to 5/8” thick. Delicious

22-Dec-21
"Brioche or your favorite bun"

Brioche - one of the secrets to the smash burger.

• Sitka Gear