tm 20-Apr-22
rooster 21-Apr-22
Mad Trapper 21-Apr-22
Tilzbow 21-Apr-22
YZF-88 22-Apr-22
rslscobra 23-Apr-22
Bou'bound 01-Jul-22
12-Dec-21
Anyone with first hand experience feedback would be useful. Other feedback from people with no experience would also be interesting and as always expected.

Thanks

12-Dec-21
I have no experience with one but I have an opinion! :-)

12-Dec-21
I tried the double pin model. Great quality, nice sight. The double pin wasn't for me, went back to my single pin Black Gold

12-Dec-21
Bou, I have been using the Fast Eddie 3 pin since 2019. It's built like a tank, easy to setup and can be special ordered to fit your preferences. Hit with any questions.

12-Dec-21
I have the 2 pin sight. Absolutely my favorite of all the sights ive tried. Works perfect if you like to bracket, which i do since i hate pin clutter. If my top pin is at 20, my bottom is at 42. Perfect for a 30yd bracket shot. Hunting whitetails, i almost never have to use the slider option. The slider portion, once set up is very smooth. Zero at 20 and 60, fit the sight tape that matches the closest, and start shooting. Took me about an hour to get it where i wanted.

12-Dec-21
I have a couple of them… we’ll made and when you do have a problem customer service was always great to deal with…

If you made me say something negative as with the majority of slider sights there’s a little noise. Not lots but more than a non slider

12-Dec-21
I tried the two pin model this year. It's in a box now...and my Black Gold single pin is back on my bow.

12-Dec-21
Interesting. I just bought the Fast Eddie XL. I wanted a single pin one aiming point sight but the local shop that I like to use, only had the single pin with two aiming points. So I put a small piece of electrical tape over the lower aiming point making disappear. I’ve just had it for a couple weeks and have only shot paper at 20 yards. I like it though, so far.

12-Dec-21

midwest's embedded Photo
midwest's embedded Photo
I would really like to try their 3 pin vertical.

12-Dec-21
Five pin owner here. Great sight.

12-Dec-21
I l like the vertical pins sights. The sight picture when hunting is so fast to get left and right on and just adjust for distance up and down and your good to go.

Had a fixed 5 pin trophy ridge and now have the double pin fast Eddie. I won’t go away from the vertical pins but debate wheel vs fixed for reasons discussed over and over.

Quality of spott Hogg is excellent

12-Dec-21
I have the double pin and love it. Works great for hunting out west on the possible longer shots. It also is perfect for whitetails; I keep my top pin set at 20 and bottom pin is 37. I can split the pins for anything in between that distance. With the smaller housing ring, I get clearance out to 115 yards using the bottom pin.

12-Dec-21
5 years of use and abuse here. One of the best sights I have used in 40 years of bowhunting

12-Dec-21
I just ordered the 2 pin fast Eddie. Can’t wait to put it on and shoot. Will wait till after the new year for the season to be over tho

12-Dec-21
I prefer the Tommy Hogg. I think it's more of a hunting sight with target sight features. I love it or the precise tapes that you can make using the clicks. I use the double pin version and it is absolutely the perfect sight for me. I am a tinkerer and this is for sure the only accessory I'll never change.

12-Dec-21
Nice sight! I have the 3 pin Montana Black Gold and like it. I did not know about the Fast Eddie or the Tommy Hogg. They look much more stout - I'd buy either one of these - I've owned Spot Hogg and they've always been built like a tank. Even I could not damage them.

12-Dec-21
I switched to the Fast Eddie recently after having to send my Black Gold sight in for warranty repair 2 years in a row after issues with the dial while on hunts Alaska hunts. Not an ideal time for equipment malfunctions like that, and I was less than thrilled to be burned twice.

The Spot Hogg seems to be a much better built sight, and I’m happy I switched so far.

12-Dec-21
I’ve run a few spot hogg fast Eddie’s now…they have all been super tough and easy to use!

12-Dec-21
I am also looking into a fast Eddie next year.

I can say their customer service is amazing. I bought a used release online pretty cheap, and it failed. I contacted them, and they let me send it in for repair. They replaced all of it.

13-Dec-21
I've read reviews, where, the main complaint is the weight. My bow is fairly heavy, so, not a big deal, but, some reviews stated they did not like it because it was too heavy. Interested to see anybody's take? Thanks.

20-Apr-22
Any other thoughts or a comparison between the XL (dovetail extender) and the standard mounting sight.

20-Apr-22
I missed this when it came up the first time I guess. I don't have the XL, I have the regular Fast Eddie. Custom with 4 pins instead of 3 or 5.

I REALLY like mine.

20-Apr-22
Love mine have the 5 pin with .10 pins been solid so far

20-Apr-22
Put a Fast Eddie MRT 3 pin on my Double XL. First movable sight I’ve ever shot and I have to say, I like it. It’s .10 pins, but I can see them. The setup was straight forward and simple. Have to redo it a couple times to get the housing to clear the arrow at longer yardages.

Don’t see any reason not to keep the sight. Don’t know that I’ll spend another $340 to get another one. My other old Spot Hoggs are doing just fine.

20-Apr-22
I have the double XL and really like it. For hunting I set my top pin at 30 and 2nd is at 45 which allows me to shoot all the way to 50 without moving anything. I will move the top pin to the exact yardage for target and 3D and if I have time when hunting.. As for the dovetail, I have it but never use it. I use a one piece quiver that mounts to the sight which means the knob for the dovetail can’t be there so I just use the little Allen screw and leave it set up permanently. I had the original Fast Eddie as well and the XL is definitely better built, but I would probably go with the fixed bracket instead of dovetail next time.

20-Apr-22
Filed bracket here. I had an older dovetail from Sword, and really never used it in the “extended” position, so it just made sense to buy the fixed bracket. I tried the dovetail version on the V3X integrated into the riser, and really didn’t see any difference in balance. The sight housing is going t end up in the same place no matter what, so unless you want to hang your sight way out there, fixed bracket is fine.

20-Apr-22
Good feedback guys thanks

20-Apr-22
Wish they made a drop pin instead of the up pin. As it is I order a left hand model, easier to come down on the target than to push it up for me.

21-Apr-22
I have the fixed bracket on my Fast Eddie, and I like it fine. The advantage to me with the dove tail is the ability to move the scope in or out to better match your peep.

21-Apr-22
I use the Tommy Hogg sights with a dovetail bar. The dovetail has pros and cons. On the pro side: 1. You can easily remove it and install it when packing for traveling. You just need to mark the bar so it gets extended to the desired position. 2. You can position it so that the pin housing perfectly matches the peep when at full draw. 3. You can move it when torque tuning. Cons: 1. It can move during a hunt. If you are on a horse, in a boat or ATV, you need to keep checking the tightness of the adjustment screw. I know people who have lost their sight when riding a horse in heavy timber. 2. It is heavier than the standard bolt-on version. I have used Spot Hogg sights for years. They are bomb proof and very reliable. You can custom order your pin colors and pin sizes as well.

21-Apr-22
Madtrapper’s post is spot on. To take care of con # 1 I use a regular hex bolt, rather than the thumb screw, to secure the dovetail. I began using the regular hex bolt so my Tight Spot quiver would mount where I wanted it but the side benefit is it’s more secure. It is more difficult to remove the sight but I rarely do that except when traveling.

22-Apr-22
I have been using the Fast Eddie double pin XL since 2017 and have no plans to ever change. It’s simple, tough and I am very familiar with it. Two pins on one post is exactly what I wanted.

As I have mentioned before, I keep mine set at 50yds all the time and aim 12” low for any critter I estimate is under 45 yards. That leaves me covered for all ranges I will shoot a critter (since my 2nd pin ends up at 63 yards). I have shot 2 deer and 2 elk without having to move a thing.

I get all the benefits of a simple hunting setup and then can move it for fun long range practice.

23-Apr-22
Great sight I have the triple stack and double pin fast eddie on my bows. I think they are the best sights out there.

01-Jul-22

• Sitka Gear