SKY CARP COMING IN
Paul@thefort's embedded Photo
SKY CARP COMING IN
AND ONE FOR THE POT
AND ONE FOR THE POT

15-Dec-21
If you believe that Canada Geese are not worth the effort to hunt them and then include the goose for a meal, I am going to change your mind with this recipe. Tricia and I had this meal over mashed potatoes this evening. Great tasting meal. Sky carp, NO! How about Flying Tenderloins.

Crock Pot Recipe Note, soak breasts in salt water to remove blood. I do this twice for one hour, and the brine in salt water for 12 hrs.)

Ingredients: one bunch celery chopped, one (12 oz package baby carrots, chopped), one small can cream of celery, can of cream of chicken, can cream of mushroom. one cup of cut up mushrooms, 8 fresh sage leaves, 3 table spoons fresh rosemary, 2 tablespoons fresh thyme, 4 goose breasts ( cut up will yield 2# of meat) trim off all silver skin. This was fresh, unfrozen goose breast meat.

Directions: Step 1. Mix celery, carrots, all three soups, mushrooms, sage, rosemary, and thyme in a bowl.

Step 2, Place goose meat, cut up in to cubes, in to slow cooker, Pour soup and all other ingrediencies over goose meat.

Step 3, Cook on high until goose meat is tender, usually 6- 7 hours.

Serve over potatoes, rice or noodles.

15-Dec-21
Thanks for the recipe. Sounds pretty good. I'll have to try it soon.

15-Dec-21
I equate Canadians to Roast Beef when done properly in a roaster. Now, snow geese, they are flying carp and need to be made into jerky.

15-Dec-21
I had the privilege of hunting white geese in Saskatchewan years back. The snows we killed were very good but they had lots of fat. Not like those tough birds that have migrated all the way south. The D.U. Cook book has a similar duck soup recipe. They par boil the cubed duck though. I am thinking this recipe will be better then D.U.s Thanks for sharing!! Jim

15-Dec-21
Glad someone else calls them by their correct name.

16-Dec-21
Have all the ingredients except the goose

16-Dec-21
I smoke goose breast with strips of bacon covering the top.

I made some for a party we had & one of the more demure neighbor lady's made it a point to tell me it was the best roast beef she'd ever had.

16-Dec-21
Sounds good Paul.

• Sitka Gear