Matt 18-Dec-21
carcus 18-Dec-21
LINK 21-Dec-21
MA-PAdeerslayer 21-Dec-21
APauls 21-Dec-21
midwest 21-Dec-21
KHNC 22-Dec-21
16-Dec-21
Any thoughts on the new options? I am a Bowtech fan but bought a new bow last year. The SR350 has me wanting to upgrade already!

16-Dec-21
My only thought about their release is that they have a crap ton of bows listed on their website. Like 12 different hunting bows.

16-Dec-21
Lone Wolf I’m going to check it out as soon as my shop gets a left handed one in. It may end up coming home with me!

16-Dec-21
Too many SKU’s.

16-Dec-21
Do not put any stock into what this company tells you about delivery times.

Ordered a Revolt in February, it never came. Ordered a Solution SS on October 25th, was told they had their manufacturing glitches solved and I would have it in 3-4 weeks. When that didn’t happen they said 1-2 more weeks. Then they told me 85 percent chance it would ship last Friday. As of yesterday Scheels told me it does not show having been shipped yet.

Hoyt and Matthews both are sending bows on time to my Scheels store. Was told Bowtech is making promises they can’t keep so people don’t buy a competitor’s bow. Lost faith they can back their products up at this point.

16-Dec-21
I wouldn't buy ANY mfg's bow that wasn't sitting on a shop shelf.

16-Dec-21
Bob,

That is a great practice unless you are a lefty.

16-Dec-21
^^^ yep.

16-Dec-21
They must be waiting for the glue on the exploding limbs to dry well this time.

17-Dec-21
Spike,

In all seriousness, I am skeptical of the quality at this point. If the production is messed up enough they cannot even tell you when a bow will be made, what does that say about everything else?

If the bow does not come today, and I have no reason to think it will, Scheels is giving my money back and issuing a gift certificate for my time and frustration. They have been good to work with but now understand that Bowtech is also hurting their image.

I will file a report with BBB in an attempt to warn others. Probably will not do much good. I would think they would monitor sites like this and reach out, but they have never followed up after not delivering on their promises. My Revolt is an excellent product, but at this point the product is not enough!

17-Dec-21
The Revolt I referred to in my last post is not the one they never delivered. In 2020 I ordered one through Scheels’s in 50 lbs limbs for cold weather, I normally shoot 65lbs. That was delivered on time.

I tried to order a 60 lbs Revolt in February of this year that was never delivered, and apparently never produced as they introduced their new models. Maybe they should move some resources from marketing to production, and have a culture where they are honest with their customers.

17-Dec-21
Since They were bought by a conglomerate they have never been the same. Used to be a fantastic company. Sorry to hear this. I don’t know anyone that shoots Bowtech anymore. My buddy that liked them during the days of the General gave up on them due to quality issues and poor customer service and moved to Mathews and Hoyt.

If you’re having that much trouble getting a new bow imagine parts are gonna be a nightmare if you ever need to replace a blown limb or something.

17-Dec-21
Thanks for bringing some of this stuff up guys… Definately gonna probably look harder and try and shoot more Mathews and hoyts before i make a decision…

17-Dec-21
Pat,

Thanks for responding! I thought I might be treading on thin ice being so outspoken.

Trust me, if it does not come today, I will be relieved. I have thought it will be tough to get replacement parts if ever needed, or to have them take care of a warranty issue.

The company either needs to be taken over again or go out of business. Their customer service reps on the phone are polite and cheery, but I ask them straight out if they are telling me the truth. On the Friday delivery promised, when I asked if I was being shot straight it changed to 85% it will be shipped but there can always be problems. I replied I bet 85% chance there will be problems, lol.

I actually prefer to go back to Hoyt, but on the other thread about brace height and speeds I started, I really need the 7" brace height. Hoyt's new bows I have not been able to pull up on-line yet, site problems, I guess. If the RX7 has a 7" brace height, I will order it from Scheels and walk away from Bowtech for good. Matthews does not have one in 7", and FYI I owned a Q2XL and Conquest 3 Lite Pro and they were fantastic. For some reason I just prefer Hoyt.

If your post doesn't wake them up, they are doomed and I would encourage everyone to look elsewhere. I am sticking with today because that is what I promised Scheel's, and they have been good to work with. But again, they know there is a problem with Bowtech and have changed their store policy on Bowtech orders because of my communications with them.

Thanks again Pat for allowing me to be fully transparent!

17-Dec-21
I just saw the RX7 Ultra is in 7" brace height. I am now praying Bowtech does not deliver, lol!

17-Dec-21
I didn't intend on opening a can of worms. I ordered the new guardian last year and it was in on time. I liked the over 7 inch brace height and the ability to donate some of the price to a charity.

17-Dec-21
No can of worms Lone Wolf, no need to apologize. My experience was good last year as well. Things can change, and we need to look out for one another IMHO. Glad you had a good experience.

IMHO again, capitalism is the greatest charitable organization there is. Good companies that remain in business and pay employees well are the engine that generates the revenue for all of the major charity we see like Welfare, food stamps etc. I would rather see a company produce great products and back them up and let me contribute to charities I and my wife personally support. Starting to become cynical, but think at times companies use the charity line to pull at our heart strings.

17-Dec-21
You guys are going to be in trouble with Elkman. I know it is confusing, but he is no longer the biggest Hoyt fanboy. He is the biggest Bowtech fanboy.

17-Dec-21
I am glad I bought my new Revolt X in August. A 6 to10 fps faster bow with a higher price tag isn't going to get me to upgrade, all the other bows are identical to the Revolt X or one of the other bows from last year.. The only thing I was worried about was they would come out with a 35" bow that matched my revolt X specs. But they didn't so I am happy.... with my current bow not the new line up

17-Dec-21
Did you ever try a different Bowtech dealer? I am an independent dealer and have not had any problem getting inventory.

17-Dec-21
Did you ever try a different Bowtech dealer? I am an independent dealer and have not had any problem getting inventory.

17-Dec-21
I did not try another vendor, too loyal I guess. Based on a PM offering help from someone who deals with Bowtech, my only response is the company itself, not Scheels’s, has provided inaccurate information to me. That alone tells me something is amiss, or at least to me it is.

I spoke with Scheels’s this AM. BT says it has been shipped, but as of yet have not provided a tracking number. If they do not do this soon, Scheels’s will allow me to cancel the order and order the Hoyt. In fact, they said I could do that right now. I felt it appropriate to give them one more opportunity.

Just for info, I ordered the SS with black riser and alpine limbs. Maybe they are sending stock but not making special orders? If so, just be up front and honest.

Thanks guys for your offers to help, much appreciated. Merry Christmas.

17-Dec-21
Interested to hear that it is Scheels. In my limited experience, when one dealer is having issues getting bows when others aren't, it has been that the dealer in question was on "credit hold" by the manufacturer for not paying its bills. Funny they never mention that to their customers but rather blame the manufacturer.

17-Dec-21
Matt,

I doubt that is the case. They are well stocked in Hoyts, matthews, 10 point etc. and stuff is flying out the door.

17-Dec-21
I doubt it too, sorry that I was unclear.

17-Dec-21
No apology needed, you have a very valid point. I also thought about why other vendors are saying they can get the bow. FWIW, tons of other company's bows on hand, only two lesser grade Bowtechs though. And supposedly they have only had two of the Solutions come in so far. I did check on Scheel's though because of your post, nothing out there that said there are any financial concerns that I found. Thanks.

17-Dec-21

Habitat for Wildlife's Link

17-Dec-21
UPS tracking confirms it will be delivered to the store Monday.

17-Dec-21
I bought a Solution SS last April. No problems so far. Accurate, quiet and very smooth draw. Hope it works out for you.

17-Dec-21
Habitat now all you have to buy is a hard hat, safety glasses, and work gloves when you shoot it.

17-Dec-21
Bowtechs don't blow up anymore, that was a long time ago. Other bows blow up too.

17-Dec-21
My brothers bear blew up add almost ended up with bottom limb thru his throat. Scary sight for sure. He got lucky

17-Dec-21
Thanks guys, both for the concern and for the laughs. I will try and let you know how it works out. Can hunt until January 15th, so there might be time to…

18-Dec-21
I read the horror stories last year but really wanted another Revolt X. Ordered green riser/subalpine limbs from Scheels with the promise it would be in 6-8 weeks. To my surprise I got a call at the 5 week mark that my bow was in. I had read all the horror stories on Archery Talk and here but it was not my experience. Sorry guys that never got their ‘21 order. I’m currently shooting a Solution SS and the Revolt x and they are two of the nicest drawing bows I’ve ever owned. I don’t see a quality issue other than the cheap screws they use. Gotta be really careful not to strip them. I hate when companies over promise and under deliver and hate all the Bowtech stories I’ve heard. Makes me want to “jump ship” again. Those new carbon Hoyts are looking good this year….;)

18-Dec-21
Any bow dealer worth their salt will have a rack full of bows to try out. No need to order. At least my shop does. I’m shooting a two year old Realm currently. I change out every 5 years or so.

18-Dec-21
I'm hoping that Hoyt, Mathews and some of the other companies start offering designs specifically for older bowhunters, like Bowtech has done. The Solution SS really does deliver as promised concerning a smooth draw that's easy on the shoulders. A lot of guys are in that category where this is important to stay in the game.

18-Dec-21
BC Elites are smooth.

18-Dec-21
Hold odd on the 350; first batches when out and reviews have them coming out dog shit slow. Like 20 fps off. According to bow tech they were sent out in error with the wrong modules and they would be replacing them. Lot dealers still have no idea because they haven't tested them .....buyer beware

18-Dec-21
"I'm hoping that Hoyt, Mathews and some of the other companies start offering designs specifically for older bowhunters, like Bowtech has done."

A bow is either smooth or it isn't - no need to market to a specific demographic. The Hoyt cam launched last year and refined this year makes it feel like the draw weight is 10 pounds lighter than it is.

18-Dec-21
BC, pse's evolve cam is smooth as well, ive felt nothing smoother, and it's fast!

20-Dec-21
Picked it up today. Very smooth, shoots 279 fps with GT 340s and 295 fps with 400s, both tipped with 100 grain points. Will shoot the 340s.

Same speed as my Hoyt Defiant Pro with 65 lbs limbs so at this point I am happy.

20-Dec-21

Habitat for Wildlife's embedded Photo

21-Dec-21
Nice looking rig!

21-Dec-21
Sweet rig for sure

21-Dec-21
Thanks guys. Just finished sighting it in at 15, 25 and 35 yards. Wow, really impressed with how smooth it is!

Maybe I can do a live hunt, but being late season after firearms I would hate for you to think I was hunting in CT. ;-)

21-Dec-21
Got my revolt off the shelf. Love it. It’s been deadly

21-Dec-21
What's your total arrow weight, HfW?

21-Dec-21

21-Dec-21

22-Dec-21
I was on BT factory shooting team from 2014-2020. I didnt renew my contract with them for 2021. During that time, i had most every flagship bow they offered. I still shoot a Realm X, Revolt X , Prodigy and a Reckoning during the year. Not one issue with limbs cracking ,popping or blowing up. Also had great service from my local dealer on getting new string, tightspot quivers or whatever else i needed. This limb failure crap is a thing of the past. Limbs are made in house and no more problems than any other company. And i am far from being a fanboy of any bow brand. The RX7 is a damn nice bow, and ive never like a hoyt.

25-Dec-21

Maiden voyage!

Merry Christmas!

27-Dec-21
Just didn't happen but should have more opportunity later this week.

• Sitka Gear