MA-PAdeerslayer 18-Dec-21
#bowhunter 20-Dec-21
LINK 20-Dec-21
Sean D. 20-Dec-21
yooper89 20-Dec-21
woodguy65 20-Dec-21
Zbone 20-Dec-21
18-Dec-21
Two days ago I was trying to kill a MD doe w/ .45 Hawken muzzle loader when I saw a small one horned WT buck hanging out with them. Could have sworn I saw a red pedicle but wasn't sure. Then today I saw 3 year old 5x now 0, WT with a definite red pedicle. He's a deer I have seen a lot and previously had broken off after G-2.

I'm about 20 miles SW of Lewistown, MT and this is very early for me to notice shedding.

We have had extreme drought and I wonder if this is part of it. We took several WT does and they seemed to have good fat so it doesn't appear they are food stressed.

18-Dec-21
Not unusual to see deer shed in MT starting now. It’s a little early but not crazy for my neck of the woods.

18-Dec-21
Yep, time for the annual early shed thread...8^)

18-Dec-21

Huntiam 's embedded Photo
Va
Huntiam 's embedded Photo
Va

18-Dec-21
Zbone my exact thoughts:)

18-Dec-21
Every year in PA second week rifle we usually see at least one half rack and one usually gets shot that had already dropped. This year the buck we did see all had horn still. And the does were the fattest I’ve seen in quite a while. Most had close to an 1” of fat on them.

20-Dec-21
After a tough year of no shooter buck pics, on Dec 2, I started getting a good 10 pt. I wasn't able to go after him for a couple of days, the morning I was to go after him I got a pic at 3:30am, he had dropped his rt side. This was Dec 6th, he's been there every day since.

20-Dec-21

LINK's embedded Photo
LINK's embedded Photo
Zbone it’s time for special doe rifle season in Oklahoma. Several bucks running around after shedding or fighting to the point the bases are all that’s left. Here’s a 3 year old with 4 1/2 bases. If it weren’t for his 3rd main beam you’d hardly notice antlers. A lot of rifle hunters would think he’s a big die at 200 yards.

20-Dec-21
I have a buck that dropped both by the 18th here in Ohio

20-Dec-21
I was half wondering the other day- if it stays extremely mild all winter long here in CO, will that delay antler drops this spring?

20-Dec-21

woodguy65's embedded Photo
woodguy65's embedded Photo
Half rack from the 18th.

20-Dec-21
Yeah Link, our second statewide firearm season ended yesterday and am sure a few shed bucks were tagged around here, and we have a four day statewide muzzleloader season coming the second week of January...

• Sitka Gear