Paul@thefort 20-Dec-21
Rock 21-Dec-21
scentman 21-Dec-21
scentman 22-Dec-21
scentman 22-Dec-21
LBshooter 23-Dec-21
LBshooter 23-Dec-21
20-Dec-21
Personally I'd leave the scent at home and just move my stand higher if possible, or move it altogether if you have pressured that spot too much.

20-Dec-21
You're doing very well to see game that's been hunted for months, especially out of a ground blind which I am thinking you have to set up frequently?

I've tried the Nose Jammer but had mixed results and can not honestly say one way or another if it's useful.

20-Dec-21

Paul@thefort's embedded Photo
Are you continuing to hunt over bait; and I would expect that it is the attraction to bring in the deer? If so, what would the RAW do in this situation using it over bait unless you are trying to position the buck for a better shot instead of head on. I really doubt that Raw will cover your human scent as the only way the deer will smell it, is if the deer gets downwind from you and that is not good. I have also used Nose Jammer with some success but a deer's ability to smell is sometimes beyond comprehension and a lot of the cover up scents, they can smell right through them. Have fun and good luck. Oh, hell , just kill one of those does, as they eat very well. Paul

21-Dec-21
Like others have said I would leave the scents at home, I have not had many positive results with them. I like to stay quiet and hidden as I do not what them coming in looking for me or being on high alert because they smell something (scents).

So my advise (for what it is worth) would be to setup and brush your blind in as best you can then sit quietly when you do hunt.

21-Dec-21
That herd long knows each others scents and patterns... any deer scent is never a cover scent, they can smell you through it anytime. Food sources are probably getting depleted this far into the season, unless you have corn or some food plots in your hunting area. Good luck, send harvest pics!

22-Dec-21
If there is pressure where you hunt, find their favorite escape routes... that is my late season tactic here in ny.

22-Dec-21
As much as we think we pattern them, they have patterned us by their matriarch Does teaching them generations of being pursued by predators including we hunters... after the second year a buck gets tougher to figure out, because his first year he got a mulligan do to mama getting him through... second dumb luck or great senses... third year, maturity and survival. After that total nocturnal until he falls in love 2 weeks out of 52 and still a smart doe will get him through another season. You are dealing with generations of of species survival, I commend you for doing this on your own!

23-Dec-21
Here in the Illinois does are bred into January , so I would and do use estrus in late season. As long as buck carry antlers they are interested in does. I lay trails with it and just use less , I think too many guys over do the scent.

23-Dec-21
Here in the Illinois does are bred into January , so I would and do use estrus in late season. As long as buck carry antlers they are interested in does. I lay trails with it and just use less , I think too many guys over do the scent.

• Sitka Gear