TODDY 24-Dec-21
WV Mountaineer 24-Dec-21
Candor 24-Dec-21
hunt'n addict 26-Dec-21
Krumpf 11-Feb-22
Krumpf 11-Feb-22
Scooby-doo 14-Feb-22
20-Dec-21
Just thought I’d give everyone a heads up. I bought a set of skeletor sticks off of tethrd. They are phenomenal. If you are looking for a set of mobile sticks, you should look into these. No modifications required. Nothing but hang and climb. And, the stand-offs are awesome.

I was so excited when I got home tonight that I just got out of the tree. I had to try them. You need to too if you’ve been pondering about buying a set of mobile sticks.

20-Dec-21
The lengths getting me…..I want them tho. Bad.

20-Dec-21
I'm waiting for the gen 2 "one" sticks. :-)

20-Dec-21
They look kind of spendy, but might invest in some when I get my spring stimulus check.

20-Dec-21
Haha Lou. Maybe I’ll wait for that too lol

20-Dec-21
Don’t worry. Elon is set to pay $11 billion in taxes soon…might be enough to get that universal income train rolling.

21-Dec-21
It's already spent, Adam.

21-Dec-21

2Wild Bill's embedded Photo
2Wild Bill's embedded Photo
Nice gear Justin, I would encourage you to move your harness tether up the tree, ahead of your sticks AND use a lineman's belt when attaching the sections. It may seem like overkill to use both, but your first fall could be your last, and I wouldn't want to hear that.

A fast adjustment for the harness tether uses a Prussik knot to loosen and tighten the loop around the tree. Positioning the loop as high as you can reach, is all that is needed and will not interfere with positioning of the next highest stick section, which usually neck high. As you climb the section you move the lineman's loop up and keep the harness loop above that. As you stand at the top rung of the section, you can then get that high reach for the harness loop to clear the next section of the stick.

In the photo, the Fisherman's knot is where the harness tether is attached to the tree loop.

21-Dec-21
How high can you climb with the 4 sticks? Seems as if only 16ft would be feasible based on stick measurements using an aider on the bottom??

22-Dec-21
I use a five step offset aider for sticks. I get roughly 6 feet per stick.

22-Dec-21
WVM - a couple questions if you would: 1) Which aider do you use? 2) What size boot do you wear and do you have any trouble descending in the dark?

22-Dec-21
Black diamond 5 step aider. I wear a size 12 boot. And, as with all aiders, you just gotta watch and feel your way around in the dark. Difficult? No. Paying attention and staying focused? Absolutely.

However, I prefer the step aiders better then the ladder style aiders for the reason they are easier for me to use while climbing. I don’t worry about getting the webbing buried arch deep with those style aiders versus the ladder style which almost has to be bedded arch deep for me.

I wasn’t un happy with my heliums. But, I was intrigued with the out of the box readiness of this stick. However, Comparing them, these things are in a different universe. The way the steps angle away from the tree is very comfortable and natural. No need to up grade bolts, stand offs, our cut the sticks. Just strap them on the tree and climb.

23-Dec-21
WV- do you use an aider on just the bottom stick or for all 4?

23-Dec-21
I just bought a set of 4. And a 3 step aider for the bottom stick. I haven't used them until other than tried it out in the backyard. With the aider attached, the top of the first stick is around 7 feet high. I figure with 3 more sticks at 20 inches each with a 20 inch gap between sticks, the height will be decent to hunt from depending on the set up. I don't intend to use an aider for anything besides the bottom stick. I wouldn't feel safe. The sticks locking together so well sold me, and the rope instead of a strap.

23-Dec-21
I use the aider on all the sticks. Clip it to the amsteel tree rope with a climbing carabiner. I unclip and take it as I go.

23-Dec-21
I wish they'd sell that rope cleat separately. Going to try and copy that.

Justin, what size rope are they using? 1/8" or 7/64"?

23-Dec-21
Nick, I went and looked at mine. I don’t think the ropes are amsteel at all. Something similar. In strength I’m sure but, it’s softer. And, it’s an oblong rope. Not very centric.

It’s small. Looks equivalent to the 7/64 amsteel I have.

23-Dec-21
WV - would it be a bother to have an aider for every step (set) - so you are not having to remove it and reattach it?

23-Dec-21
"I wish they'd sell that rope cleat separately. Going to try and copy that."

Learning a good hitch will work just as well as a cleat. You can tie them with a draw loop for easy removal. The cleat is only as good as the means to hold it fast to the section it is on.

24-Dec-21
True, 2Wild Bill, but that cleat is quick and easy with the smaller rope diameter, even in the dark, even with gloves on. I 3d printed a prototype yesterday and it's going to work great with my 1/8" amsteel rope mod.

Justin, I think the rope Tethrd uses is Dyneema.

24-Dec-21
I shortened my Lone Wolfs this year and they work great with the original buckle but I might break down and order these as I was looking into switching to an Amsteel Daisy Chain and double steps for each of my Lone Wolfs. That mod alone is about the same price as these steps. I like the double angled steps on these and how well it looks like they pack! Everything INSIDE my pack! TODDY

24-Dec-21
Ok. It probably is. It’s just a lot softer then my amsteel. But, I haven’t used the amsteel I was comparing it too either.

Candor, the only problem I have moving the aider is I sometimes step on it when standing on the stick it’s attached too. I have learned to just lean back into my belt and get it out from under my feet with little effort. But, you could sure use one per step. It’s preference is all. Of course it might flop in the wind or draw attention too.

24-Dec-21
Thank you. That's a good thought on the wind noise/flopping. Always something to be learned on here....

26-Dec-21
I've done a bunch of research and the Tethrd Skeletor's look the best that I have found, and I will be ordering a set.

11-Feb-22

Krumpf's Link
In case anyones interested, I came up with a DIY retractable aider design I really like for the Skeletors! Check it out if you’re interested:

11-Feb-22

Krumpf's embedded Photo
Krumpf's embedded Photo
Photo of the stacked sticks with aiders

14-Feb-22
Krumpf exactly what I did!! Very Nice!! As far as height if Saddle Hunting in most cases height is not all that important as you are supposed to use the tree as cover. I find 12 to 20 ft is fine in 95% of hunting situations.

• Sitka Gear