soccern23ny 22-Dec-21
[email protected] 22-Dec-21
Aluminum Rain 22-Dec-21
ILBow288 22-Dec-21
ILBow288 22-Dec-21
Teeton 22-Dec-21
esean 22-Dec-21
22-Dec-21
What are you all using that you're happy with on back pack hunts? We are going through a couple Sawyers every year and I'm tire of replacing. Had issues with Katadyn pump unit that was brand new and was constantly clogged from the get go on fairly clean water. Any luck with those steri pens?

22-Dec-21
I have a steripen from 2013. Still going strong. Obviously battery powered so take that into account. Mine can purify 1 liter in 90seconds and do so maybe 13 times on 1 set of batteries(maybe more?). Upside to the steripen is it kills water viruses whereas most membrane filters cant filter them out. And depending on water source you need a mesh screen to pre filter the big stuff. Downside is dealing with batteries. I also carry a lifestraw even for day hunts very lightweight

22-Dec-21
I have had good luck with the Katadyn but on trips where you pack in and stay at one location, the hanging bag filters are nice.

22-Dec-21
First need purifier.

22-Dec-21
The Grayl bottle has worked well for me.

22-Dec-21
The Grayl bottle has worked well for me.

22-Dec-21
Platypus Gravity Works

22-Dec-21
To help keep filters from clogging on pump filters., I suggest taking good coffee filters, put them over your in the dirty water pre-filter and I use the little zip ties to close and hold it on. I put them on so they area little baggie, not tight over the pre-filter. That gives them more area to not clog. 5 extra zips and filters gets me through a 2 week hunt. If you want put 2 filters on, one on top of the other.

22-Dec-21

22-Dec-21
The Sawyer Squeeze attached to a CNOC bag and the Katadyn Bfree with 3 liter bag are popular among fellow backpackers. The Sawyer needs backwashing frequently, though I got a couple of weeks use out of the smaller Sawyer Mini before it needed cleaning. I'm trying the Katadyn Bfree next. Plenty of Youtube videos comparing the two.

• Sitka Gear