Bou'bound 25-Dec-21
Predeter 25-Dec-21
x-man 25-Dec-21
orionsbrother 25-Dec-21
Tilzbow 25-Dec-21
Highlife 25-Dec-21
nvgoat 25-Dec-21
23-Dec-21
Is there anything to these NAP vanes with the ridge on the trailing edge to supposedly increase spin rates or is it marketing hype

23-Dec-21
Well shoot one without them and one with them through a chronos and let us know;)

23-Dec-21
I shoot quik spins and regular helical both. I don’t think there’s any difference if you have a well tuned bow. But I can’t prove it.

23-Dec-21
Is there anything to these NAP vanes with the ridge on the trailing edge to supposedly increase spin rates or is it marketing hype

23-Dec-21
We did notice that as well. With a short brace height and high speed bow we were tearing fletched with a drop away rest. This was when NAP first came out with them .

23-Dec-21
My experience as well, they spin but also rip.

23-Dec-21
I have used them for years. The original material was softer and sometimes did tear although I never had any tear on a drop away rest. The newer and current material is very tough and doesn't tear.

24-Dec-21
I don’t know if they spin faster but I’m a fan of the shrink wrap NAP quick spin fletches. No more glue and if you damage your fletching you can remove them with a razor knife and boil on a fresh set. Killed 3 Deer this year with my magic arrow.

24-Dec-21
I compared them to feathers some years ago. Accuracy was as good and they hit about 8" higher at 60 yds. That was the 3" vanes. I can only find the shorter vanes or the shrink wrap now and have changed over to the 3" X vanes on a hard helical.

24-Dec-21
Has to increase spin some? I've used them for years. Very easy & fast fletching!

24-Dec-21
I have been using them since they came out many years ago. Only thing I will use. Easy to put on and durable.

24-Dec-21
They’re like 10-15 years old. The shrink wrap fails over a year or two and the vanes fall off too. They will also crack on any hard impact. There are so many better options. Cmon Bou…..

25-Dec-21
I was not asking about shrink wrap instant arrow fletch wraps . Just the individual vanes with the ridges that are applied individually via a jig

25-Dec-21
I used them for a bit several years ago on the shrink wrap. Liked the vanes but not the shrink wrap.

Seems like they would be a pain in the butt to fletch with a jig with the "kicker" on them?

25-Dec-21
They are a pain to fletch. Not worth trying unless you only have a straight clamp for your jig. Depending on your jig, you may have to cut a hole/slot in the jig to clear the tab.

If you already own a helical jig, don't bother.

25-Dec-21
I have Quick Spins on all of my arrows. I’m happy with them. Andy, who started and owned NAP is a great guy. I’ve continued with them since he sold the company figuring, “If it ain’t broke...”

25-Dec-21
I just sold a Bitzenburger jig on eBay last week that had a series of holes that I’d cut in the back edge of the straight jig. I couldn’t remember why I’d cut that opening until I opened this thread!

As far as the Quick Spin I moved on from those about 2007 and went to Blazers fletched with an AZ mini-jig with a hard helical.

25-Dec-21
Figured it out and still using them. Orion Andy used to come in the shop back in the nineties with buddies those guys were great to work with.

25-Dec-21
I use the 2 inch ones with AZ ezfletch straight jig arms. Prep w acetone, use NPV cement-can't pull them off.

• Sitka Gear