YZF-88 30-Dec-21
YZF-88 30-Dec-21
JohnMC 30-Dec-21
YZF-88 30-Dec-21
Bou'bound 05-Jan-22
24-Dec-21

YZF-88's embedded Photo
YZF-88's embedded Photo
I finally had some downtime to tinker with CAD at home and my 3D printer. Organizing my bow/ski/gun shop. I have arrows all over in different stages. This will help organize them. Just used a PVC pipe (painted it) and designed a couple end caps. Very simple.

24-Dec-21

YZF-88's embedded Photo
YZF-88's embedded Photo

24-Dec-21

YZF-88's embedded Photo
YZF-88's embedded Photo

24-Dec-21

24-Dec-21
Pretty cool. Those 3D printers are amazing.

24-Dec-21
Pretty cool I miss my CAD system and 3-D printer since I retired.

24-Dec-21
I bought a professional Inventor seat 10 years ago with the intent of designing and selling stuff on my own. Had a good run until jackwagons in china copied my product. Getting back into it now that I have a job that doesn’t drain every ounce of willpower by the end of the day. If you guys need anything made, let me know. I designed and actually molded a part for one of our members here to get his old bow going again. Fun stuff.

24-Dec-21
Nice looking arrow holder

27-Dec-21
Cool, thanks for sharing...

27-Dec-21
I’m so behind with this, but does a 3D printer print actual 3 dimensional pieces?

27-Dec-21
Very cool, Jason! Lots of possibilities. A Bowsite buddy made me a quiver hood for my Bullhead turkey arrows. It turned out awesome and works even better.

28-Dec-21
Design and makes a quiver head and tail piece, that works with the trophy ridge bolt on quiver, that holds 7 arrows. I’ll buy it if it’s legit. Need more info, pm me.

28-Dec-21
Neat, you might have a market for those.

28-Dec-21
Nice work Jason!!! I might have to copy that idea but I’ll just have to butch it and cut holes in an end cap. Less pretty :(

28-Dec-21
Great idea

28-Dec-21
Very cool idea....I will take 3 sets, let me know how much

30-Dec-21

YZF-88's embedded Photo
YZF-88's embedded Photo
Reggiezpop, Thought I'd answer your question for you. (I need a break from looking at the Wyoming draw odds anyway). There are several typed of 3D printers and each has pro's and cons. The printer I have uses a FDM process (Fused Deposition Modeling). Think of it as a small hot glue gun moving around on a flat plane...while the build plate moves down. The draw back to this type of printer is you need to build UP...meaning if you have something overhanging...you have to build structure to do so.

However, the really cool printers are SLS. Selective Laser Sintering. It uses a laser to melt a profile on a thin layer of powder and then add another layer on top of it and do the same. This means NO SUPPORT structure is needed and the complexity of the part you want to make is virtually limitless. These are expensive printers though. Check out the complexity of the SLS parts here compared to my first draft of the arrow holder using my FDM process.

30-Dec-21

YZF-88's embedded Photo
YZF-88's embedded Photo
This is what the FDM process looks like in action. It's a fun little hobby. Just wish the printing process was FASTER. It is quite slow.

30-Dec-21
When you say slow how long does it take to make one cap for your arrow holders

30-Dec-21
One end takes 5-6 hours. So 12 hours a set and you better hope for no glitches mid print! I could cut that in half by changing the resolution and using a bigger nozzle...but I prefer a higher quality build with a small .4 mm nozzle and a layer thickness of only .12mm.

05-Jan-22
if i'm ever in the market for a wall mounted quiver i know where to go.

do you make any that will mount on a bow.

• Sitka Gear