Dale06 27-Dec-21
RIT 27-Dec-21
RIT 27-Dec-21
RIT 27-Dec-21
AccMan 27-Dec-21
AccMan 27-Dec-21
Shiloh 27-Dec-21
27-Dec-21
What are your experiences? I know the cameras are expensive, but I like that you can buy a block of pictures and share them between multiple cameras. Everyone that I have know that has dealt with Reconyx says they are bulletproof.

27-Dec-21
I have four non cell Reconyx, they’ve been far from bullet proof.

27-Dec-21
I have multiple Reconyx cell cameras. It’s a good product. What one would expect from Reconyx. I also have 3 of their non-cellular products still running 5 years strong. They make a great product. My biggest issue with the Reconyx cell plans is that you cannot only use them on a plan for the months you want. You can suspend billing for 6 months but then you have to start service again. If you disconnect the service for the months you don’t want to pay for service then you have to pay an activation fee plus order another SIM card from them.

After all the Tactacam rage I had to try them. They didn’t disappoint in year one. Will they work great in year 2 and beyond? I hope so because I now have 6 of them which cost just slightly more than 1 Reconyx. If they continue to work well I won’t be buying anymore Reconyx. You can share a pool of pictures with them also. But I only run cameras from September to December. I don’t care what the animals are doing outside of hunting season. The only issues I have had with Reconyx has been the App but they have addressed a lot of those issues with regular updates. Aside from the price I have not seen a huge difference in performance of those 2 cameras.

27-Dec-21

RIT's embedded Photo
RIT's embedded Photo

27-Dec-21

RIT's embedded Photo
RIT's embedded Photo

27-Dec-21
I used Reconyx for several years, bulletproof, but now they collect dust in a cabinet. I tried Reveals and love them. Tactacam came out with a Reveal SK, has a solar panel for battery recharging, and sends pics and video to your phone, for $179.

27-Dec-21
Double post

27-Dec-21
The biggest attraction outside of the reputation was that you can buy a huge pool of pics and share between cameras. Other than that I think it is $5/mo/cam. I run them year round so turning them off isn’t necessary. I haven’t crunched the numbers, but it seemed like over time this would save money??

• Sitka Gear