deerhunter72 05-Jan-22
30-Dec-21

Paul@thefort's embedded Photo
Hunt 6, ZERO but always fun
Hunt 6, ZERO but always fun

30-Dec-21

HUNT 7. Jerry came along. Had two geese land right in the decoys at 18 yards. Something got in the way. Woops.
HUNT 7. Jerry came along. Had two geese land right in the decoys at 18 yards. Something got in the way. Woops.

30-Dec-21

TWO DAYS AGO, HUNT 8. slow morning but had one land within bow range, got lots of white belly feathers. I guess that is considered a MISS. :( Total flock left!
TWO DAYS AGO, HUNT 8. slow morning but had one land within bow range, got lots of white belly feathers. I guess that is considered a MISS. :( Total flock left!

30-Dec-21

THIS MORNING, HUNT 9. NICE MORNING, SUN UP AT 7:22, A FEW GEESE FLYLING AT 8:10.
THIS MORNING, HUNT 9. NICE MORNING, SUN UP AT 7:22, A FEW GEESE FLYLING AT 8:10.
8:30, three honkers coming in
8:30, three honkers coming in
But they land 50 yards away. Maybe I will try that shot. A little longer than I like but.................................... Wait!
But they land 50 yards away. Maybe I will try that shot. A little longer than I like but.................................... Wait!

30-Dec-21

But wait! Here come a few more right behind them and they land within good bow range, like 21 yards. Must be living right.
But wait! Here come a few more right behind them and they land within good bow range, like 21 yards. Must be living right.
I pick out the closest and send an arrow that way. WACK, broken wing
I pick out the closest and send an arrow that way. WACK, broken wing
by the time I get Chase from the truck, the goose had gone 80 yards towards the pond. I line him up, Chase sees it and off he goes.
by the time I get Chase from the truck, the goose had gone 80 yards towards the pond. I line him up, Chase sees it and off he goes.
here he comes. goose still alive.
here he comes. goose still alive.

30-Dec-21

Chase has retrieved over 100 geese from this field over the past 11 goose seasons. Good boy, and for a dog almost 13 years old.
Chase has retrieved over 100 geese from this field over the past 11 goose seasons. Good boy, and for a dog almost 13 years old.
Another fun day afield with man's best friend and with bow in hand.
Another fun day afield with man's best friend and with bow in hand.

30-Dec-21

I was getting ready to leave at 9 am when Mr. Fox shows up and begins mousing in the goose pasture.
I was getting ready to leave at 9 am when Mr. Fox shows up and begins mousing in the goose pasture.
for the next 1/2 hr I watched him catch 6 Prairie Voles, eat 4 of them and stashed the other 2. The stakes are for my feeder goose decoys, at the other blind across the pasture.
for the next 1/2 hr I watched him catch 6 Prairie Voles, eat 4 of them and stashed the other 2. The stakes are for my feeder goose decoys, at the other blind across the pasture.
breakfast time for Mr. Fox
breakfast time for Mr. Fox
he responds to my mouth squeaking and heads for the decoy set up. Down wind, he knows something is not right and heads out. Cool experience.
he responds to my mouth squeaking and heads for the decoy set up. Down wind, he knows something is not right and heads out. Cool experience.

30-Dec-21
What fun. I have watched foxes catch mice. One fox used to throw mice and then go catch them again. Enjoyed your hunts very much.

30-Dec-21
Alway's enjoy read these. Thanks Paul

30-Dec-21
I shot my decoy once, long story. Good stuff as always Paul, have a Happy New Year!

30-Dec-21
Livin the life, have a happy new year.

30-Dec-21
Nice job Paul and Chase!

30-Dec-21
Always enjoy theses hunts. Congrats and keep after It Paul!

30-Dec-21
I enjoy this !! Thank you

31-Dec-21
Had to check out the next installment. Loading them up! Keep up the good work!

31-Dec-21
Good stuff Paul! Thanks for sharing.

31-Dec-21
Love this thread

31-Dec-21
The addition of the fox was a great plus, nice pics of it. Hope you have been missed by the fires. Thanks for your goose hunting posts.

31-Dec-21
Awesome Paul!! I just got some permission where the guys field holds geese during our goose season. Definately gonna try getting some next year!

31-Dec-21
Thanks for posting these up!

31-Dec-21
Sweet!

31-Dec-21

drycreek's embedded Photo
drycreek's embedded Photo
As always, a great thread and a stellar performance by Chase the Wonder Dog of CO. !

(Sarge is the Wonder Dog of TX )

01-Jan-22
Happy New Year 3. Make it a good year guys. We have a lot to be thankful for. I wish I was in AZ Coues deer hunting!. my best, Paul

01-Jan-22
Great pics of Mr fox. I just watched one cross the back field about an hour ago. Happy new year Paul and Chase!

02-Jan-22
Paul, why no Coues? Great thread love fox such a cool little animal.

02-Jan-22
Hey Brad, "why no Coues"?. I have been to AZ 9 times, killed 6 bucks on public land. Usually go every other year so if I do go back it will be January of 2023. Now , the PY banquet is in 2023 and I can not afford to do both so I am planning on attending the 2023 PY banquet. Maybe the following year, January 2024 if there are any OTC unit left to hunt. Things are changing in AZ per, bow hunting deer, OTC vs Limited Draw.. I was very fortunate to have hunted the past years with no restrictions and good areas to hunt. Thanks for the reply and questions. Paul

03-Jan-22
Great post again Paul. I shot a buck New Year's Day here in Iowa. Was cold and snowy. At least one more pheasant hunt for Breeze and Deca and then I'll be in Arizona Friday for Coues and Javelina....and temps in the 40-60's! Keep after them my friend!

03-Jan-22
Have fun Jeff, I know you will have a story to tell. Paul

03-Jan-22
Good stuff Paul... nice.

04-Jan-22
It’s always good to see Chase taking Paul hunting. Great pics of the fox.

04-Jan-22
Hey Randy, it does not take much for either of us to go hunting. We have become best friends for the past 12 years and just when he has me trained well, he will head for "puppy heaven". my best, Paul

04-Jan-22
Great pics and write ups as usual Paul, thanks for sharing them.

Hope you, Chase and your family have a very blessed 2022!

05-Jan-22
Always great stuff! Well done guys and the fox was a little icing on the cake.

• Sitka Gear