scentman 04-Jan-22
Shug 04-Jan-22
Huntiam 05-Jan-22
WV Mountaineer 05-Jan-22
Al Dente Laptop 05-Jan-22
Bou'bound 05-Jan-22
PECO2 05-Jan-22
03-Jan-22
Well we do these every once in awhile and I haven't seen one lately, so thought i would start a new one with my current favorite piece of gear

The KME broadhead sharpener

i am so amazed with the little device.. i have had it for a few years and have sharpened 100s of heads after shooting targets and pass through on deer.. i am more confident being able to shoot my broadheads by getting them tuned and resharpened... saved a bunch of cash not purchasing replacement blades too..

please share some of your favorites..

good luck in 2022

03-Jan-22
Got a Ken Onion Work Sharp for my birthday. Wish I'd gotten one years ago!

03-Jan-22
Thermacell

03-Jan-22
Lansky sharpener for BHs. Have used it since the early 80s, and replaced the stones several times. I don’t shoot BHs that I can’t sharpen on it. And Double Bull blinds. Have killed many turkeys and deer from them.

03-Jan-22
I just bought a Stay Sharp sharpener for my Magnus Stingers. Is the KME better than the Stay Sharp?

03-Jan-22
Not familiar with the Stay Sharp system.. i have tried the Lansky and it just doesn't work well for me.. check out some links for the KME...

thermacell is definitly a good one, fortunately, i do not need it too much in my areas..

03-Jan-22
Shoot nothing but Magnus Black Hornets now but used to shoot Buzzcuts. Used to use a Lansky but switched to Stay Sharp and sure saves time and works great.

03-Jan-22
Anything that gives you confidence boost or mojo. Confidence kills.

03-Jan-22
OnX! Being able to read the topography as I’m in the woods has made my deer season so much better with sightings. Best $21 I ever spent.

03-Jan-22
ArcticShield boot covers. At 40degrees or less I wear them, and at 30degrees or less I put dry chemical handwarmers on top of the toe. Absolute must have item. First clothing item I don when I hoist my pack up to my stand elevation.

03-Jan-22
Puffy jacket

03-Jan-22
Forest: do you ever have to cross thru barbed wire?

03-Jan-22
Spare release

03-Jan-22
Spot, I have always hunted alone and the MRS's worried about me. I now message her 3 time per day and she is happy. When momma is happy everybody is happy. Scott

03-Jan-22
1. Small high quality folding knife (Benchmade mini-griptilian for me.) I've skinned and quartered a caribou and broken into my truck with it after locking the keys inside. Not the ideal tool for either job, but its light enough to carry at all times. 2. Cheap down sweater. Its like an anorexic puffy jacket. Weighs less than a flannel shirt, is far warmer and more wind resistant than fleece, and compresses to softball size. Not good for barbed wire fences or rain, but can be worn under another jacket. 3. Zebralight AA headlamp. From stealth mode dim to grid searching bright. Can change battery in the dark without taking it off my head. Can buy replacement batteries virtually everywhere. Need to try those Arctic Shields next - my feet are always cold!

03-Jan-22
Rangefinder

03-Jan-22
Tree umbrella for wet weather. Heated vest for below freezing days. Got to have them.

04-Jan-22
Wind puffer/wind indicator, I'm always checking the wind or wouldn't ever take game.

04-Jan-22
For cold weather deer hunting, Sitka fanatic vest. I own the jacket as well. I like it too. But, the vest has kept me Toasty warm in the low teens. All day set. Even with minimal clothing on underneath. Sleeping kind of warm. With no binding on my forearms or shoulders. I truly would give all my outer clothes away if I could keep the vest.

04-Jan-22
Two thermacells

04-Jan-22
Heated vest is the best invention ever lol seriously won't hunt without it.

04-Jan-22
Toilet paper

04-Jan-22
Hand Muff

04-Jan-22
Leki Cork-Lite trekking poles. It reached the point several years where I couldn’t pack meat without them.

04-Jan-22
Yup heated vest another great purchase. Also comes in handy taking the dog out to the bathroom on cold days!

04-Jan-22
My Leica binos. Bought them 16-17 years ago and they’ve been awesome.

04-Jan-22
Quality boot insoles. I really like Sole Insoles currently and am just trying Sheep Feet in another week or so. Quality boots - must have.

A great arrow set-up and perfectly tuned bow. Great custom bow strings. A release you can rely on and feel confident with. Hard work every day in the gym and on the range. Shoot straight.

04-Jan-22
Hunt Comfort Hiker gel core seat cushion.

Hands down one of the best hunting investments I've made in quite a few years. I swapped it out for the cushion that came stock on my Lone Wolf and really like it. I have a boney posterior and it's made long sits a lot more comfy.

04-Jan-22

timex's embedded Photo
timex's embedded Photo
I agree with scoot... On x hunt. I'm constantly using the tax land feature to search out possable new hunting land. In this pic you can clearly see the plant nursery I hunt on. But look to the other side & see the 20 acre block with the 3 icon marks. I've hunted the nursery for 10 years & didn't know they owned this piece inside the industrial park. I found it using on x hunt. I already have permission for all nursery land & killed a really nice buck there & saw several more. Without on x hunt I'd have never known. It's a great tool

04-Jan-22
On my moose hunts it is my Helly Hansen Impertech rain gear.

04-Jan-22
WV I’ve been strongly considering the fanatic vest. Might have to pull the trigger on it soon. How does it fit with layers underneath? Did you size up or stay with your normal size?

04-Jan-22
As a long time Randall knife user and collector, I never thought I'd say this, but one of my new favorites is my Outdoor Edge replaceable blade knife.

Matt

04-Jan-22
As far as gear I use the most:

Quality boots with merino wool socks;

Merino wool undershirts;

My Swaro EL (thinking of upgrading to the Pure);

Bark River Classic Drop point;

A good puffy coat (I have a light one, a mid, and a heavy and even a light puffy vest).

I use those items pretty much every hunt, or outing and consider them essential to me.

I'm a BIG fan of Kuiu pants too. I get hot, so that side zip (I call it my air conditioning), is worth it's weight in gold to me.

Otherwise I can pretty much take it or leave it. But those are my essentials that I use on pretty much every single hunt

04-Jan-22
Lucky underwear. Compass. Rada sharpener.

04-Jan-22
Coughsilencer

04-Jan-22
Toilet paper and a judo tip to wrap toilet paper around

05-Jan-22
Onx..heated vest .. Danner boots …Busch light ..

05-Jan-22

Altitude Sickness 's embedded Photo
Altitude Sickness 's embedded Photo

05-Jan-22
Yooper, it fits great. I’ve heard people say Sitka sizing was a bit smaller. Maybe. I didn’t size up though and have plenty of room. I bought normal sizing. Sizing up would be too much bulk for me.

I’d buy my normal size. It’s seems to be perfect to me. With plenty of room for all the layers you’d want and need.

05-Jan-22
My blanket weight wool long shirt, hand muff, stretch union suit, and bibs for cold weather. Thermacell, carbo mask face paint, and stalking sneakers for warm weather.

05-Jan-22
Thermacell

05-Jan-22
The truck for sure, should be easy to load a deer in that thing with the lower rear end. They may be onto something there.

• Sitka Gear