LBshooter 13-Jan-22
Screwball 13-Jan-22
Screwball 13-Jan-22
Dino 13-Jan-22
jdwilkie6 20-Jan-22
jdwilkie6 20-Jan-22
Ironbow 20-Jan-22
10-Jan-22
Very cold weather in KY lately and snow. Tested my new Day One Parka (cowboy suede material). All expectations met. Very quiet. Warm. Windproof. I even liked the Window camo. I looked at all the options hard and I think I made the right choice. The hood worked fine on my head or off and did not get in the way of the bow string.

10-Jan-22
How recent was your purchase and how long did it take to receive your parka? Been thinking of getting an item or 2 from them.

10-Jan-22
I have the Day One fleece parka with Windstopper in ASAT camo. I love the tall collar for cold weather and Windstopper works as advertised. Cannot say enough good things about ASAT. Highly recommend this coat.

11-Jan-22
I have had the parka for not even two weeks. I think it took about a month to get. That seemed reasonable to me as I specified that I did not want the upper chest pockets. I have another very costly parka for bow hunting that I bought a few years ago in case my Kansas hunt turned cold. That was a mistake. The parka has no hood and is way way too noisy to bow hunt in and expect to draw the bow on a deer at 15 yards on a cold quiet am.

11-Jan-22
I'm in the market for a new hunting/trapping/ice fishing parka. How durable is the material?

11-Jan-22
I have two of the parkas in cowboy suede and one in wool. Awesome stuff.

11-Jan-22
What the physical weight of the parks?

11-Jan-22
The parka is certainly not light. Not sure what it weighs. As far as durability, I think it will hold up to any deer hunting activity I do. If I go through a clear cut and briars, I would not be wearing that anyway. I have 3 other fabric types --Cab's MT050, First Lite, and Sitka -- and so far I like the Cowboy Suede as good or better than the rest.

11-Jan-22
Makes me wonder...we haven't had a Kota-man review in a long time?

12-Jan-22
JAW, I have the same in predator green and it is pretty nice.

13-Jan-22
I had 2 pants suede, and they work very good.

13-Jan-22
Have 3 pieces from Day One, Two light weight fleece for bow hunting, One heavier weight pullover for colder weather. Have used for 10+ years. Good quality stuff IMO.

13-Jan-22
I just got an insulated parka and bibs last week in Predator Gray, and an uninsulated parka and pants in the Window camo. All in the Cowboy Suede. This material is fantastic. Quiet, very wind resistant, tough, doesn’t pick up burrs.

I have other products from Day One in fleece, Saddlecloth, wool and light fleece. The Cowboy Suede tops them all.

Too warm last weekend for the insulated stuff, but did wear the Window camo on a doe hunt. Really starting to like this pattern.

Took about a month to get the items. Great stuff.

13-Jan-22
This is great to hear that Gary is still producing stuff! He was trying to sell out and retire…I should probably order another pullover coat, it’s been one of my most favourite pieces of gear! Interested in this Saddle cloth that u guys r talking about, is it still quiet when cold?

13-Jan-22
Love my Day One stuff.

13-Jan-22
I have the insulated parka, uninsulated parka, windstopper vest, and various hats from Day One. These are all top quality and still look new year after year and many washings. Highly recommend!

13-Jan-22
I have the uninsulated parka, and insulated bibs. Still work great. I am slowly replacing the stuff with Sitka. The uninsulated parka is with me for the majority of the whitetail season. No windstopper on the parka so it is lacking for late season even when layering.

13-Jan-22
Dino,

Saddlecloth has been out of production for sometime. It would get stiff when cold and noisy. Cowboy Suede doesn’t do either, but feels like it. It is the best bow hunting fabric I have ever used. And I have had a lot!

13-Jan-22
Have DayOne bibs in cowboy suede and they rock!! Well made hand warmer pockets you can put your arms in, and Gary is a good man to deal with.

13-Jan-22
Day One Cowboy Suede is outstanding, I highly recommend it.

13-Jan-22

13-Jan-22
Ironbow, yes, I meant cowboy suede! Sounds like it has good reviews.

20-Jan-22
i have some first lite pieces for stand hunting. i always dress at the stand and am finding it doesn’t block the wind well. not anti sitka but was wondering if anyone had comparisons of dayone wind stop vs sitka stratus and dayone wind stop/insulated compared to sitka fanatic. im not concerned about the “technical” layout of sitka.

and while im not looking for something on the performance fit side of things, how is dayone

sorry to ramble but this is one of the newer posts i can find about guys commenting on dayone

20-Jan-22
i have some first lite pieces for stand hunting. i always dress at the stand and am finding it doesn’t block the wind well. not anti sitka but was wondering if anyone had comparisons of dayone wind stop vs sitka stratus and dayone wind stop/insulated compared to sitka fanatic. im not concerned about the “technical” layout of sitka.

and while im not looking for something on the performance fit side of things, how is dayone

sorry to ramble but this is one of the newer posts i can find about guys commenting on dayone

20-Jan-22
I tried on my buddy’s Sitka Fanatic and thought hard about it. I wanted something very warm and quiet that I didn’t have to wear multiple layers under. I have been using Day One since 1996, have multiple pieces of their gear, and talked to Gary about what I wanted. I had stayed away from the Cowboy Suede after bad experiences with saddlecloth. Gary convinced me and I couldn’t be happier. Stood outside last night in the stiff wind and about 13 degrees and was toasty. Can’t wait to hunt in it. Much cheaper than Sitka too!

• Sitka Gear