DonVathome 14-Jan-22
Z Barebow 14-Jan-22
Z Barebow 14-Jan-22
azelkhntr 14-Jan-22
Stringcheesehead 15-Jan-22
KSflatlander 15-Jan-22
trublucolo 15-Jan-22
13-Jan-22
I am debating if I should put camp dry on my outer layer of clothes (Sitka gear). Your thoughts? If I do will my clothes still be breathable?

What about putting it on my Sleeping bag? Down jacket?

13-Jan-22
I use it on my jackets and boots. I don't think I'd use it for a sleeping bag tho.

13-Jan-22
Do you think it will still breath?

13-Jan-22
Don - it still would but not as well. Amazon has some great items that compliment gore Tex.

14-Jan-22
Thanks I figured that, glad I checked.

14-Jan-22
Once a season, I wash my clothes in a DWR wash.

14-Jan-22

14-Jan-22
Do I think it will still breath? Only as much as it was manufactured to do. Everyone perspires differently so I can't speak to that. The best you can do is tailor your layering clothes relative to the conditions at the time. 15 years or so ago I adopted the philosophy that if it felt like I was going to freeze stepping out of the tent; I was probably dressed just right. Base layers are either light silk or synthetic followed by a fleece or wool shirt, maybe a vest, then my jacket which unless it's raining or snowing is strapped to my pack. Trousers are either bdu's or wool. Gaiters also weather dependent. Hair cut short and the verge trimmed up and I'm good to go. What blows me away is the amount of crap I see guys hauling around for a day hunt. WTH y'all got in there? LOL! Go light, slow and don't stink. Arm pit zippered openings are great to have.

15-Jan-22
Camp dry is a silicone based repellent and will to varying extents clog the microscopic pores that allow sweat vapor to escape aka breath. Nikwax will perform better or 1 of the many washin waterproof products

15-Jan-22
Why not use DWR spray like many of the manufacturers do.

15-Jan-22
Gear Aid’s Revivex.

• Sitka Gear