Bou'bound 15-Jan-22
spike78 15-Jan-22
MA-PAdeerslayer 15-Jan-22
Pat Lefemine 15-Jan-22
spike78 15-Jan-22
Mike in CT 15-Jan-22
15-Jan-22
6:36 AM LIVE from Ma*
Well boys and girls gonna give it an hr in the arctic. Looking for that coyote with the leghold trap. Im afraid these live hunts for predators wont be very productive. But it gives me sumthin to do. Follow along. Once an a great while this old dog gets lucky!

Seeya’s in the stand!

15-Jan-22
Go git um

15-Jan-22
Yeah good luck let me know if any bird or animals are moving in this cold.

15-Jan-22
The coyotes probably froze to death.

15-Jan-22

Pat Lefemine's embedded Photo
Pat Lefemine's embedded Photo
Here’s the temp where I am in NY. I stayed in bed this morning. You’re tougher than I am.

15-Jan-22
I might hit it later on this afternoon although I don’t recall ever calling in anything in these temps.

15-Jan-22
Personally, I've always considered it counterproductive to go out bow hunting deer during the coldest parts of the day during the late season.

For example, when bow hunting in January and I see a high temp of only 10 degrees or so I know it's not going to reach that temp until roughly noon or so, plus or minus an hour. Under those conditions I haven't entered the woods before 9:30-10:00 and I'll hunt until about 2:00-2:30.

I recall one hunt where I took a friend and for most of the drive to our hunting spot he kept insisting I was out of my mind going out that late. We were both settled in just after 10:00am and around 10:30 he texted me saying "Damn, I don't believe it! I have a group of does coming towards me!"

Deer have to eat still but they also have a critical need to conserve fat reserves for the winter so they're not inclined to move when it's coldest and they burn those reserves to keep warm.

• Sitka Gear