Lost Arra 17-Jan-22
Scrappy 17-Jan-22
Jethro 17-Jan-22
PushCoArcher 17-Jan-22
Mule Power 17-Jan-22
DonVathome 18-Jan-22
Scrappy 18-Jan-22
17-Jan-22
If a NR wants a type 1 tag in a unit that has leftover tags every year is there way to apply for that tag with 100% draw odds without using my PP?

17-Jan-22
Whats a Type A tag?

17-Jan-22
No such thing as a Type A tag in WY. Only Type 1-9.

17-Jan-22
See I'm so confused I can't even figure out what type I want. Type 1 tag is what I'm after.

17-Jan-22
Apply 2nd choice

17-Jan-22
As midwest stated above I thought simply applying 2nd choice would do it but the unit I'm looking at still requires a PP to draw.

I guess the question I should be asking is where does the leftover tags come from if guys didn't get drawn that applied in the regular draw?

17-Jan-22
Random

17-Jan-22
Tags are "leftover" when the residents didn't purchase all their allocation of tags. Where I hunt I've never seen a leftover Type 1. I'm sure there must be an area or two that has some.

17-Jan-22
Lost Arra nailed it. It's because the residents did use their whole quota.

17-Jan-22
I think what he’s asking is do you lose your points when drawing a leftover license as you do when you draw your first choice on the first drawings.

17-Jan-22
No loss of points for leftover tag since it's a separate random drawing.

17-Jan-22
No I drew the tag in the leftover last year and know I won't loose my PP in that draw. I was just trying to figure a way to get the tag in the regular draw 100% without using my PP.

17-Jan-22
"I was just trying to figure a way to get the tag in the regular draw 100% without using my PP."

That's all of our dreams right there.

17-Jan-22
Moving to Wyoming sounds like your only option.

17-Jan-22
^This^

And that might not even guarantee it.

18-Jan-22
You can exactly what you asked if the second draw (leftover tag) draw is 100% odds.

I feel like WY, or another state, used to have your bonus points count in the second draw BUT if you drew they did not take your points?

18-Jan-22
DonVathome, I thought the leftover draw was 100% until I looked. I just got lucky and drew it last year.

• Sitka Gear