Blood 18-Jan-22
Blood 18-Jan-22
Hank_S 18-Jan-22
Medicinemann 18-Jan-22
Gator 18-Jan-22
17-Jan-22

17-Jan-22
I'm looking into getting a new sight this year when I get my new bow

I've narrowed it down to the CBE Hybrid 3 pin, Spot Hogg Fast Eddie 3pin, and MBG Ascent Verdict 3 pin

I've read a lot of good about them with minimal cons. The CBE looks like it has a small inside diameter on the housing? Most of what I've read sounds like the MBG is just slightly better as far as pin brightness, durability, etc..

Does anyone have any info or pros and cons to these sights ?

17-Jan-22
I have the fast Eddie dual pin on my set up currently. I’m good from zero to 50ish yds without having to adjust anything, and I like the slider adjustment. I have never adjusted the sight to use the top pin for long range, only the bottom. The dual pointer makes it very easy to make a minor adjustment and bracket for a longer shot distance if necessary.

I used to use a CBE single pin slider and much prefer this style.

I also have a Sword 3 pin, but haven’t used it since I got the spot Hogg. I hate pin clutter, and if you can get used to bracketing at longer ranges, 2 pins is the way to go.

17-Jan-22
I use a 5 pin spot hogg. I use bottom pin as slider. Bottom pin is set at 60. So slider marker stays on 60 unless I want to shot past that then use bottom pin as slider. Works great don't move it often except when shooting long range. I am a fan of spott hoggs. Just remember to reset it after shooting long range if not you going to shoot way high next time you hit the range!

17-Jan-22
I have a 2 pin spot Hogg, buddy has cbe 3 pin. I don’t think you can go wrong with either. I like 2 pins for less confusion and clutter.

17-Jan-22
I like my MBG Verdict sight. I don’t think you can go wrong with any of them on your list.

17-Jan-22
recommend EZV sight, takes the equation out.

17-Jan-22
I bought the 3 pin MBG verdict sight last fall, one of the best sights I have owned, and yes pin are very very bright, I’m very happy with it

17-Jan-22
I've had a CBE TEK Hybrid 5 pin for several years. The bottom pin is set at 60 and is also my slider. I like the size of the housing and the fact that it's not as thick and bulky as some other brands. I've used the slider to shoot out to 110 yards and could probably get a few more yards out of it before the housing gets too close to my arrow. I've used that sight on a lot of rugged hunts and I'm happy with it's durability.

17-Jan-22
I shoot a 5-pin slider from CBE. I like the method CBE uses to sight in the separate pins and their use of lazer engraved sight tapes. Good luck with your new sight.

18-Jan-22
I had the CBE 3 pin hybrid slider on a dovetail. I still have it if you’d like to buy it. I don’t really care for it as I thought the tiny connection from the sight body to the housing is not very rigid. You can physically move the housing up and down as the connection will easily flex. I was concerned it would flex and stay there if I ever bumped it.

18-Jan-22
I went with the Apex Covert Dovetail 4 pin Slider and made the bottom pin my slider from 50 to 100 plus yards. It’s not the most expensive sight out there, but I think it’s very solid and easy to adjust and use. Good luck in your search.

18-Jan-22
I've shot both the 3 pin and single pin CBE hybrid sights extensively...in my experience the single offers less clutter and quicker "on target" decision making.

Where I hunt elk almost all shot opportunities are less than 30 yards and being able to quickly get on target has proved to be much more advantageous than having longer shot capabilities.

I'm going to try multiple bows today as well as multiple sights...will go with a single pin but perhaps a .19 instead of .010.

18-Jan-22
I personally found the MBG sights to be the brightest. I found Spot Hogg to be the most durable.

18-Jan-22
The three pin MBG slider has worked well over the years. Less chance of using the wrong pin/setting as I experienced with a single pin version. Yep, plenty bright.

• Sitka Gear