Night before last
Pat Lefemine's embedded Photo
Night before last
Last night
Last night
Last night, and appears the lopsided rack is bothering him.
Last night, and appears the lopsided rack is bothering him.
No sheds yet but I know where to start looking

18-Jan-22
I had a nice 8 that shed one side two days ago here in NJ.

18-Jan-22
I had two buck sparing here last week. Was hoping both racks fell right off. No dice tho. Last year around me they help until almost February

18-Jan-22
Is that Ohio Pat? I have 3 that have dropped but waiting on the big 8 to drop before I go looking

18-Jan-22
Sean, yes. We don’t have bucks that big in NY even though NDA awarded them Deer program of the year.

There was one buck that big living in the state of Connecticut but I killed him. Now there’s none. ;-)

18-Jan-22
Way cool Pat, thanks for sharing... Would be cool to be able to identify him when he sheds the other side, how long it takes...

19-Jan-22

Whatthefoc's embedded Photo
December 21 seems a little early for this …
December 21 seems a little early for this …
But here we go … later that same day.
But here we go … later that same day.

08-Feb-22

Shiras42's embedded Photo
Shiras42's embedded Photo
I didn't find any sheds but was pretty bummed to find this one that died in velvet. He was close to water and I am guessing EHD.

08-Feb-22
Bummer Shiras. What a cool buck

08-Feb-22

Thornton's embedded Photo
I've counted over 125 deer from SC to SW KS in the last week. Most bucks still carrying both sides.

08-Feb-22

TREESTANDWOLF's embedded Photo
TREESTANDWOLF's embedded Photo
Many still holding them in my neck of the woods.

08-Feb-22

t-roy's embedded Photo
t-roy's embedded Photo
That sucks, Shiras!

This guy dropped his right side sometime before December 13th, which is a lot earlier than normal for our area, unless they are stressed, injured, etc. I’ve got several videos of him in December and January, and he looks very healthy.

08-Feb-22
^^^That’s not my pic!!

08-Feb-22

t-roy's embedded Photo
t-roy's embedded Photo
Try again with a little twist on Shug’s photo trick.

(Please don’t turn…AND be the right pic!)

08-Feb-22

t-roy's embedded Photo
t-roy's embedded Photo
This is him on January 17th. Crazy that he’s still carrying his left side.

08-Feb-22
I don’t have a pic , but found both sides of a 6x6 about 15 yards from my Ks ground blind, two weeks ago. Not a monster, but I suppose 150 ish. And never had him on camera Sept through December.

08-Feb-22
Weird. Either an injured or weakened pedicle or he got in a fight and it popped off. Or none of the above...but most of the time the hormones (lack of) impact both sides equally. Either way, I would have spent a bunch of time looking for #1.

08-Feb-22

TrapperKayak's embedded Photo
TrapperKayak's embedded Photo
We got a foot of snow since I found this fresh drop so not much luck since...

09-Feb-22
T-Roy… that pic that is not yours could’ve been much worse. It might’ve been a he-she with its junk out and lying on its stomach. Just ask Montanacountryboy. It’s like photo roulette around here on bowsite.

09-Feb-22
t-roy, can you say mass! That's a monster.

12-Feb-22

Found this one this evening while coyote hunting near my house. Estimating his width to be 14-15" puts him in the mid 170"s with 17 scoreable points.

12-Feb-22

12-Feb-22
Nice buck, Thornton! Were you familiar with the buck, or just a random find?

12-Feb-22
Random find. I thought I knew every deer in this area because there aren't that many. Biggest buck I've seen out here in the last year would only go 140"s, so finding this guy so close was a shock. I did not use trail cameras at all last year, just a lot of driving around on my e bike and truck with binoculars and spotting scope, and used the plane a few times in late summer to find bachelor groups. Hard to determine how big antlers are in the plane though.

13-Feb-22
DANG Thornton, that's a he!! of a buck, betting he's really gonna be a monster next season... Don't care what it'd score that thing is freakn cool.... Luv the mass and the kickers and stickers... Finding sheds like that on property I could hunt would keep me up at nights for months... Good luck...

13-Feb-22
I'm already scheming and planning how to kill him. I just hope he is a resident...

13-Feb-22
I feel for ya, best of luck... Please keep us informed next season... Bucks like that will get a hold of ya, I was possessed by a B&C caliber piebald for over a year that took every spare second of my time scouting, hunting and chasing that dang thing...8^)

13-Feb-22
Thanks. I guess the good thing is, the sheds were 5 minutes from my country house. Cell cams are definitely going up next year and I'm going to stay out unless I get a photo. Good chance I'll never lay eyes on him.

13-Feb-22

standswittaknife's embedded Photo
standswittaknife's embedded Photo
This set seems nice! Buddy in Canada found them a couple days ago.. if anyone knows Ben and his operation.. they do ok!

13-Feb-22
Went for a walk in the bush yesterday. The snow in northern Saskatchewan is deep and crusty. Tough one for our deer, and we still have a good 6-8 weeks of winter left. Expect sk mortality to be high. wtf

13-Feb-22

t-roy's embedded Photo
t-roy's embedded Photo
A friend found the left shed off the buck I posted above, on his farm, across the river from my place.

13-Feb-22
T-Roy… You guys gonna flip a coin to see who gives up their side to complete the match?

13-Feb-22
I gotta find the other side first, Rick!

13-Feb-22
How many inches on that side?

13-Feb-22

JohnMC's embedded Photo
JohnMC's embedded Photo
Was out this morning not many CO bucks holding antlers. Think saw three muleys with antlers and one small whitetail. Lot looked like this picture.

13-Feb-22
Thornton……He said about 88”.

14-Feb-22
Well, hopefully you find it Troy and that dilemma comes to fruition. ;)

14-Feb-22
I'd go help T-roy look for that shed but the last time I went with him he sent me to the hospital....who knew shed hunting could be so dangerous?

14-Feb-22
Well t-roy I guess you can hope he grows for next year so that maybe then he'll be big enough to be worthy of your attention?

14-Feb-22
Crazy story, my son shot a really big buck at our NY property 7 years ago. I showed it to the UPS driver that delivers to our NY area and he immediately recognized the rack. Seems one of his customers two miles away had my son's previous year shed on the wall of her porch. So I drove over and checked it out. Sure enough, it was the same buck's shed from the previous year. She insisted I take it. Cool story. And what are the odds?

09-May-22

SaddleReaper's embedded Photo
Got around to taking a picture of this years finds, minus a handful that went back to landowners. For the life of me I could not locate the most important set I was looking to find.

09-May-22
That’s quite the haul, saddle!! Any trailcam pics of buck carrying the set you were hoping to find?

09-May-22
Heck of a pile in the truck!

09-May-22
Idt there’s that many bucks in the county where I hunt. That’s quite the haul

09-May-22

Only a few from tailcam with antlers on - they aren't great. Did take some video through my binos one morning on Nov. 25th - the screen grabs. He's not really impressive in the rack dept., but I've had him around for years, have 3 other sheds from him, and since 2018 he's had double split 2's. He shed prior to Christmas due to rut induced stress and a leg injury I presume (he had a limp and was favoring that front left from mid nov - february). If he survived he will be my main focus this coming season.

09-May-22

Pawing through some NY lake effect snow to get to turnips. The few turnip plantings I made undoubtedly kept him well fed for a few months. I could glass him in them most any day I went to look.
Pawing through some NY lake effect snow to get to turnips. The few turnip plantings I made undoubtedly kept him well fed for a few months. I could glass him in them most any day I went to look.
It's pretty satisfying knowing your time, money, and effort is working to help keep a specific deer alive. He's most likely 7.5 this year if he made it.
It's pretty satisfying knowing your time, money, and effort is working to help keep a specific deer alive. He's most likely 7.5 this year if he made it.

09-May-22
MA-PA deerslayer - full disclosure.... I have access to probably around 7,000 acres (mostly tillable acreage) to shed hunt in WNY. Not to mention annual trips to other states. However 70 of the sheds are from NY. We are in a deer rich area.... just typically not size/ quality.

09-May-22

09-May-22

18-May-22

Rock's embedded Photo
Rock's embedded Photo
Matched pair I for within 30 yards of one of my favorite stands

• Sitka Gear