DanaC 25-Jan-22
Beendare 25-Jan-22
TrapperKayak 26-Jan-22
HDE 27-Jan-22
TrapperKayak 27-Jan-22
Shuteye 27-Jan-22
22-Jan-22

DanaC's Link
"Anti-Hunters Are Trying to End Beagle Training and Field Trials with Rabbits in New Hampshire"

22-Jan-22
Yep, they being antis, keep chipping away.

22-Jan-22
They must hate beagles. Because a beagle lives and breathes to hunt. You take that away from a beagle or any hunting breed and they can live a safe life but not their complete life. A hunting dog laying snuggled up getting warm after a hunt is a content dog. They even dream of hunting with their human companions.

It’s strange how these people don’t really know anything about animals at all.

22-Jan-22
They truly don't anything about animals... they need to take it to Fauci, animal experiments are THE most evil thing that is occurring at present. I believe we know what is going to harm a human body by now... why torture anything? Funding?

22-Jan-22
What miserable existence these people must live.

22-Jan-22
I live across the road from a 150 acre high fence Beagle Club where they train their dogs on snowshoe hare. They have several field trails every year. They are having one next weekend. It draws houndsman and women from many states and Canadian Provence’s. The club is very concerned about what is proposed in NH.

22-Jan-22
Glad that the FGC voted it down almost unanimously

22-Jan-22
Democrats

22-Jan-22
midwest X2

22-Jan-22
Are they gonna ban coyotes? They’re not nice to rabbits either. How about wolves? They’re not nice to just about anything?

Oh yeah, they are predators and that’s ok according to their warped reality. But last I checked dogs are predators too.

22-Jan-22
“The bill was introduced Jan. 5 by Reps. Edith Tucker (D) and Dennis Thompson (R).”

Maybe BC missed that part of the link or just didn’t read it. Regardless, saying all democrats are anti hunting is like saying all republicans are white nationalists. It’s just intellectually lazy.

22-Jan-22
Do they know rabbits can carry tb? Now thats serious shit.

22-Jan-22

22-Jan-22
I’d be more concerned about the “rabbits of Mexico” with Nick going down there every year now. ;)

22-Jan-22
X2 Highlife, Greasy politicians are on both sides of the Isle.

For example, Rhinos, Liz Cheney, John McCann, Dick Cheney

22-Jan-22
Ha, when I would get a new beagle puppy, I would take it out to pee in the morning. I would walk it around the edge of my garden. At a very early age they would learn to chase rabbits. People that talk about training beagles makes me laugh. I never trained them, they just do it naturally if given the chance. Are they going to pass a law that I can't take a beagle out to pee in the morning?

22-Jan-22
3X Highlife

22-Jan-22
those running pens are some bad places that just cause the "wild" animals all kinds of trauma I have managed the timber for a beagle club in southern Maine and one of the members private running pen. The deer actually jump into the pen to give birth for protection from the coyotes. Kind of funny, the dogs are kind of lazy or just get in a rut. There were big areas of those pens (big pens of 50 - 80 acres) that I never saw a dog in and the hares would stand there and have a conversation with me.

22-Jan-22
KS, we have a Republican gov in MA but in reality he is just another dem. Don’t let that R fool you. Anti hunting efforts are Democrat.

22-Jan-22
BC, If it makes you sleep better at night.

The neighbors have some beagles and they are relentless and focused. Fun to watch working.

22-Jan-22
I love bunny hunting with hounds,,,,, next month is Rabbit o Rama, that is alot of fun,,,,, You can run a dog, anywhere, where I live,,,,,,,, I lost one dog one day. He never came back. Left a coat, looked all over..... 2 days later a Deputy calls me, number on his collar, said he has the dog. Been sleeping in a barn, owner said he would not eat.

Deputy said, I can meet you in a town. I told him to stop at Hardees and get him some burgers..... When I met the Deputy, he was in the back seat, wagging his tail. Deputy said, he ate 10 burgers, compliments of Hardees,,,,,,,, ha ha ha

23-Jan-22
I know Edith and she is a crackpot liberal, and Thompson is known as a RINO. I was talking with our Northern commissioner last week, and this bill is dead in the water.The beagle club up here and the Androscoggin F+G club is full of Berlin Dems. They won’t stand for it. A strange bunch as they vote for those who want their guns, support the federalization of voting and our woodlands, but all of them hunt and fish. They like the free money.

25-Jan-22

DanaC's Link
Voted down, 18-1

25-Jan-22
“They must hate beagles. Because a beagle lives and breathes to hunt. You take that away from a beagle or any hunting breed and they can live a safe life but not their complete life.”

AS, you nailed it????.

I used to own hog dogs…… and those dogs lived to hunt

26-Jan-22
Since they lost the Kardashians and Jersey Shore, they must feel cheated so they need to take our beagles from us.

27-Jan-22
They will ultimately win because they use our misplaced and misguided sense for the rule of law against us....

27-Jan-22
Guess none of them ever had to live on wild game growing up. They are clueless, and they will not win.

27-Jan-22
Many years ago the girl I was dating told me her step father and mother loved rabbits and her mom could really cook them and made great rabbit gravy. I took my beagle out, killed four rabbits. I cleaned them and cut them in pieces. All shot with a 22 rifle, never used a shotgun for rabbits or squirrels. I gave her mom the rabbits and got invited to dinner. It was great and she made great big biscuits and had home made butter. I married that girl and we are still together.

• Sitka Gear