Dale06 23-Jan-22
KSflatlander 23-Jan-22
Cornpone 23-Jan-22
BC173 23-Jan-22
sticksender 23-Jan-22
Whatthefoc 23-Jan-22
spike78 23-Jan-22
22-Jan-22
I have a slightly older Mathews --a VXR. At 62 lbs or so I can easily draw it including cold weather hunting. For the last two years at the local archery store, I have looked at the new bows. For me the draw cycle is dramatically different, feels 10 pounds heavier. No one at the archery store really wants to talk about this. And the new bows are flying off the shelf. Open to feedback. If I am the only one thinking the new bows and draw cycle is much harder, then tell me so. thanks

22-Jan-22
I have a drenalin and an ovation. I tried drawing the vx3 and thought wow, that sucks.

22-Jan-22
I went to the archery store last night fully expecting to buy the mathews vxr. I think it feels stiff to draw as well. Decided to restring my old bow as a result. My 15year old reflex draws much easier with the same poundage

22-Jan-22
I hadn’t noticed that. I just hope they’ve fixed their soft valley. I never could figure out why you’d build a bow so well and foul it up like that.

22-Jan-22
You guys may like the V3X

23-Jan-22
I had a vxr31.5 and a revoltx at the same time, both 70lbs on my scale, the vxr was so much harder to draw, a buddy of mine was able to draw the revoltx but couldn't get the vxr back, the mathews was considerably faster, 20fps faster, that said they were both set at 28" but the mathews felt like 29

23-Jan-22
Interesting. I shot a Hoyt Faktor for a few years, and liked it a lot. A year or so ago I went in to my pro shop and shot a V3, and an Atlas. Didn’t like the V3, and thought the Atlas had a very smooth draw cycle. I bought the Atlas and really like it. My hunting buddy shot the V3 and Atlas, and liked the V3 and bought it and likes it.

23-Jan-22
How does the VXR compare vs Vertix vs VX3?

23-Jan-22
carcus: "I had a vxr31.5 and a revoltx at the same time, both 70lbs on my scale, the vxr was so much harder to draw, a buddy of mine was able to draw the revoltx but couldn't get the vxr back, the mathews was considerably faster, 20fps faster, that said they were both set at 28" but the mathews felt like 29"

Reason why I now own a BT Revolt after shooting in comparison to the Mathews. Adjustable draw cycle between comfort/performance plus easily adjustable draw length and cam lean for perfect bare shafts.

23-Jan-22
With the eccentricity of the cams on these short ata bows, having a smooth draw is a relative term. IMO

23-Jan-22
Agree that's something that's changed with their new bows. I always shoot the new models in the local bow shop each year, and was surprised this year at the humpy/stiff draw cycle on the V3X. And it may due in part to the Hoyts and Bowtechs being "smoother" now by comparison. Perception of "stiff draw" is subjective, and no doubt some can overlook it or ignore it, but nonetheless it seems to be a noticeable change on the newest Matthews.

23-Jan-22
Carcus’ comment about the faster bow having the less smooth draw cycle should not be a surprise. This is a trade off that should be expected. Energy stored equals area under the force- draw curve. If a a silky smooth draw is more important to you than another 20 fps, your choice is clear. The reason the quicker bow felt like higher pdf is because that bow got to pdf earlier and stayed longer. As opposed to a quick peak in the middle where you are strongest.

Beware of the bow with a 300 fps rating AND a super silky draw. Bowtech is stretching the over-rating game of late - more so than the others. Shoot thru a chrono.

23-Jan-22
What cracks me up is the Mathews fan boys who won’t even try other brands and find out that in fact their Mathews is harsher then the rest.

• Sitka Gear