PoudreCanyon 25-Jan-22
Jaquomo 25-Jan-22
PushCoArcher 25-Jan-22
'Ike' (Phone) 25-Jan-22
joehunter 25-Jan-22
recurve43 25-Jan-22
PushCoArcher 25-Jan-22
23-Jan-22
If one Hoochie Mama is good two are better! You're welcome...

;-) In memory of BigDan

23-Jan-22
Wear a blaze orange suit when bowhunting like azelkhntr claims to do. Not only will you feel jaunty and stylish, but if you add an N95 mask to the outfit you'll be even safer!

23-Jan-22
Find some good friends to hunt with. Even if they're idiots, it's more fun than going solo all the time like some of us, well.... idiots :)

Cheers, Pete

23-Jan-22
Burn up and down the roads on your Quad/Side by Side and stop and call every 50 yards...Golden!

23-Jan-22
Take your nap BEFORE you start cold calling not after! Don't ask!

23-Jan-22
Big Dan did love his Hoochie Mama. N95 mask that’s awesome.

23-Jan-22
Don’t forget to check the app before you bugle to ensure you know what you’re saying through the tube!

23-Jan-22
Take a walk with your wife around the block every other day so your in shape.

23-Jan-22
Wish my wife was content walking around the block. She makes me walk 2-4 mountain miles whether I want to or not. Even now, in friggin' winter!

23-Jan-22
Don’t forget a 30 pack of Keystone light

23-Jan-22
Don’t get bloody cut towards your Buddy!

23-Jan-22
Never drink all the whiskey on the first night!

23-Jan-22
"She makes me walk 2-4 mountain miles whether I want to or not. Even now, in friggin' winter" Your just well trained Lou! LOL!

23-Jan-22
When you come across a fresh wallow, don’t be afraid to get right in there…Be the Bull!

23-Jan-22
Just say no Lou!

24-Jan-22
Forest, I've tried that and get the "guilt eye" look. But we're reaching a truce. She plods in the snow on cold, windy days (8,600 feet..), I spend my hour in the warm workout studio busting my butt and listening to rock and roll. On warm days I join her in the plod.

24-Jan-22
Scoot, I use chocolate covered peanuts. Make sure when you take a bite you get a good amount of chocolate on your front teeth, smile wide. LOL

24-Jan-22
Definitely call every 15 minutes in Colorado otc unit while walking typical human hunter pattern/area, or right when you get out of truck….drives them nuts:)

24-Jan-22
When hunting OTC...don't worry about covering a lot of ground...find a popular spot, and call non-stop, all day.

Odds are, eventually, a good bull will come right to you ;)

24-Jan-22
If you think you feel hot spots do not stop to apply leakotape. You don't have that kind of time. Blisters only happen to those who are mentally weak.

24-Jan-22
Never hunt with the wind out of just one direction, always wait till it swirling real good, then proceed into a known bedding area. Be ready the shots will be very close and often.

24-Jan-22
I should have asked here many years ago! Took me a lot of years to learn all this stuff by myself!!

24-Jan-22
Use an ultra light arrow with a mechanical broadhead. Take shots at 80+ yards.

24-Jan-22
Make your first day the longest hardest steepest hike. Start at 4am and return to camp at 9pm. Makes the rest of week feel like a cake walk.

24-Jan-22
In Colorado a five inch brow tine is all you need - no reason to exaggerate!

24-Jan-22
If you get a very windy day go into your best area and call a bunch of bulls in. Most likely you won’t have to worry about packing meat as they seem to understand that swirling wind thing. You’ll then know what class of bulls are there and probably won’t call those back in

24-Jan-22
apply, apply, apply!

24-Jan-22
If you happen to draw a OIL tag, you might consider using a mechanical broadhead, just in case you make a less than perfect shot. It may up your odds in making a timely recovery.

24-Jan-22
Don’t shut your vehicle or ATV off before you call. If you can hear them over the motor noise, you know they are close.

24-Jan-22
Z, once my partner and I stopped our ATVs to Park and start hiking. As soon as we shut them off a bull started off just above us in the trees. We hid behind the machines with our bows and called him in to 25 yards.

24-Jan-22
Go deep boys. Go deep. No elk less than a mile from your truck

25-Jan-22
Make sure you pack your ozonics, scentlok clothes, scentlok bag, scentlok spray, and lots of scentlok socks. After that 5 mile pack in you will stink and have no chance of shooting an elk if you smell bad. Forget the wind!!!!!!

25-Jan-22
Give info freely on BS - especially to the ones who say they “don’t want your honey hole”. Helping others who don’t want to work for it generates great karma, and will no doubt get you a shot at a 370”, on opening day, right next to the road.

25-Jan-22
Ian, a couple years ago a guy pulled up next to me on a road we both know, stopped and asked if I had an elk tag. I confirmed, and he told me about a big bull standing beside the road around the corner. This was during both archery and ML.

So I go around the corner expecting to see a raghorn, and there was a bull very close to 370 feeding beside the road with some cows. Almost got a shot but ran out of daylight.

I attribute that to all the people I've helped over the years.. :-)

25-Jan-22
Jaq had something similar happen this year. A couple from Louisiana were out just driving the mountain roads in their jeep. They drove pass my camp then came back by about 20 minutes later. Pulled up and told me about a elk down the road. Got there to find a 160-170 mule deer right were they had said. No elk though unfortunately.

25-Jan-22
If one Cow Elk scent waffer is good, three are better...

25-Jan-22
If you have thousands of acers and several miles of forest service road with a camp site every mile it is still best to set up your camp up with in 50 yards of a camp that has been there for several days.

Happened in Colorado in a LE unit with my son and daughter. I not so politely pointed out the 3 empty camp sites they just passed a half mile back and the one a few hundred yards down the road. I felt like I was in the public bathroom with 10 empty urinals and a guy comes and pics the one next to me!

25-Jan-22
Dont be afraid to ask successful bowhunters exactly where to go, "They cant Lie"!!!

25-Jan-22

PushCoArcher's embedded Photo
PushCoArcher's embedded Photo
They work great!

• Sitka Gear