Ambush 24-Jan-22
Treeline 24-Jan-22
Venom16730 25-Jan-22
sticksender 25-Jan-22
Whatthefoc 27-Jan-22
TrapperKayak 27-Jan-22
Bowfreak 27-Jan-22
23-Jan-22
Where can you hunt Roosevelt Elk in Canada? Is the only place BC? What about Manitoba?

24-Jan-22
Look at the boundaries. Roosevelt elk are only on the west coast. Only coastal BC. Definitely not in Manitoba!

24-Jan-22
Manitoba has Manitoban elk, which can only be hunted by residents. There are some high fence ranches where Manitoba and Roosevelt elk can be hunted in Canada.

24-Jan-22
Is the Manitoban elk considered Roosevelt or Rocky Mtn by Pope and Young?

24-Jan-22
I think Manitoban elk which we have in MB are considered Rocky Mtn by Pope and Young. Not sure though. I used to assume a MB elk couldn't even be entered lol. The bodies on em are real big. Some places I've read biggest elk, some I've read 2nd to Roosies. But ya, 100% resident or indigenous hunting only. My last bull had the same size body as a 50" bull moose my buddy shot. That moose had a smaller than avg body but still.

24-Jan-22

Whatthefoc's embedded Photo
Roozy bull shot on Vancouver Island fall of ‘21
Whatthefoc's embedded Photo
Roozy bull shot on Vancouver Island fall of ‘21
Looks like PY have lumped Rocky Mountain Elk and the Manitoban Elk in to one category that they call American Elk. There are actually 4 subspecies in NA. Roosevelt Tule Rocky Mountain Manitoban

24-Jan-22
Rosey's in BC are a random draw for BC residents. Outfitter tags are available for anyone. Most draw odds are around 100:1 A few highly coveted areas are more but they have amazing trophy quality.

24-Jan-22
Whatthefoc that is a monster! Congratulations!

I think there was an Eastern subspecies that ranged the east coast of NA and the Merriam in TX, NM and AZ that went extinct.

25-Jan-22
Did my hunt In BC , Sayward area. What are the prices now to hunt?

25-Jan-22
Closing in on 30k.

27-Jan-22
Hey Venom, the pic I posted was same area you hunted. DIY draw.

27-Jan-22
Nothing better looking than a big mature Roosey bull IMO.

27-Jan-22
I don't see it ever happening, but I would love to hunt Rosey's. A big bodied mature Rosey is my dream animal.

• Sitka Gear