deerhunter72 28-Jan-22
drslyr 28-Jan-22
Bou'bound 28-Jan-22
deerhunter72 29-Jan-22
drslyr 30-Jan-22
deerhunter72 30-Jan-22
27-Jan-22
5:42 AM LIVE from Ma*
While driving out of my club yesterday I had a bobcat cross in front of me. It was like 3pm. Shud have set up on it but just was too tired from playing with the ice auger. I’m heading out this morning after it to try to add to my coat of many colors. Seeya’s in the stand!

27-Jan-22
4* zero wind….. perfect conditions

27-Jan-22
2 dog walkers again

27-Jan-22
2 dog walkers again

27-Jan-22

Wilgabeast's embedded Photo
Wilgabeast's embedded Photo
I’ve never seen so many cat tracks in one spot . Was 2 different sets of tracks I’ll be calling this spot weekly till I link up with a cat

27-Jan-22
I’ve never seen so many cat tracks in one spot . Was 2 different sets of tracks I’ll be calling this spot weekly till I link up with a cat

27-Jan-22
Good luck Wilga and Slyr!

27-Jan-22
Coyotes won today . He winded me before I could get a shot

27-Jan-22
Coyotes won today . He winded me before I could get a shot

27-Jan-22
Just about to quit I heard something walking behind me in the crunchy snow. I turned slowly to see what it was but could not see anything. Whatever it was was a fairly lg animal but I did not see anything. Called it after 100 min on stand!

27-Jan-22
No anee mulls we’re skunned, whacked, bloodied, or kilt during the scope of this hunt!

27-Jan-22
I jumped one of the biggest bucks I’ve ever seen in mass . Thing stopped 30 yards from me and we had a stare off . 10-12” tines 12 point . Still had a full rack

27-Jan-22
Can't beat a full rack I always say!

27-Jan-22
that is awesome. just to see one like that. anywhere. sweet.

27-Jan-22
Following with interest. You guys know of any tricks to calling in a bobcat? I've been trying unsuccessfully. I've gone in the morning, evening and at night trying with a variety of different calls. Good luck!

27-Jan-22

drslyr's embedded Photo
drslyr's embedded Photo
Hunt the edges of swamps using bird distress or rodent distress very softly...and call often... cats lose interest if not called to a lot. Iv'e had pretty good luck with vole squeaks.

27-Jan-22
Thanks John! Maybe my calling approach has been wrong. I haven't tried small rodent call yet and I have been calling loudly. Beautiful cat there!

28-Jan-22
Heres a mount, bringing him home in the car I stopped at Walmart. Had a bunch of hunting clothes in the front seat and had placed him on top of the clothes. A woman coming back to her car saw him and thought he was real. She asked me how I tamed it and if it would attack strangers. She said she would love to pet it but she was afraid. I told her he would attack and prolly kill her. She jumped in her car and took off.

28-Jan-22

drslyr's embedded Photo
I think this male was 32 lbs
drslyr's embedded Photo
I think this male was 32 lbs

28-Jan-22
Excellent mount. Tough to get cats right. You know a good one when you see It though

28-Jan-22
Great mount! If I end up getting one I'll have it mounted. I bet that lady at Walmart thought you were crazy!

28-Jan-22
Prolly still tells the story to her friends!

28-Jan-22
Daily I bet

29-Jan-22

deerhunter72's embedded Photo
Young male 11 pounds
Young male 11 pounds
Hey John, wanted to thank you for the tips! They sure helped me out today. On our second setup, this young male came in on a string to a distressed rodent call. It was way more thrilling than I thought! My lifelong best friend was with me and it will be a lifetime memory.

30-Jan-22
So glad it worked for ya. Its a whole different thrill than deer huntin. Wish u many more!

30-Jan-22
Thanks! Yes, definitely a different type of excitement but it sure was a blast. Happy hunting!

• Sitka Gear