BULELK1's Link
Go for it fella's & Ladies!

'Ya Gotta Believe'

Good luck, Robb

27-Jan-22
Fake news! ;-)

27-Jan-22
Keep in mind for 2023

Changes to the big game application timeline in 2023 In response to public feedback, the DWR is planning to change the big game application timeline for 2023. The new timeline will address hunters’ concerns about applying for hunts without knowing exact permit quotas, and hunters will be able to evaluate the proposed big game permit quotas before the application period closes.

The timing and dates will look like this: •The application period will open for hunts, bonus points or preference points March 23-April 27. •Big game drawing results will be posted on May 31. •Points-only applications for big game will open later (during the antlerless application period in June).

Impacts of this change: •This will allow four weeks from the time the application closes to the drawing post date. •Hunters will have access to the proposed permit quota during the application period. •Hunters will be able to edit their applications during the entire application period.

These changes will apply to the 2023 application period and will be fully outlined in the 2023 Utah Big Game Application Guidebook.

Enjoy

Robb

27-Jan-22
Looks like since the app period ends March 3rd this year, that change to next year's app dates will mess up the 2-fer-1 deal for those needing to buy a license this year. Just once though.

27-Jan-22
Done. And finally for once I’m not going to get screwed on a change. This was my second year on this license.

27-Jan-22
+1 Greg, I think for my non-ressy friends

Good luck SteveO----> haha

Enjoy,

Robb

28-Jan-22
Trying to cash in my points and hunt bull elk in a mid tier unit (again)...

29-Jan-22

BULELK1's embedded Photo
BULELK1's embedded Photo
Heck yeah, go for it!

I've drawn 3 LE Bow bull tags over the years via a so called 'mid-tier' unit.

I'm doing the same for my LE Bow Buck this year.

I'm pretty strick to apply for 1 of the 3 NO Spike hunters LE units.

The Rifle LE Antelope Buck hunt overlapped for like the last few days of the LE Bow Bull so I thought it best to Blaze-Up while packing out one off my bulls of this unit.

Good luck, Robb

29-Jan-22
Thanks as always Robb!

29-Jan-22
Dang....screwed on the 2-fer!

30-Jan-22
Just for 1 year Nick, then it's back to 2-fer.

At least ya know the tag # for any given hunt that a guy/gal may want to draw.

For sure TJ!

Good luck, Robb

31-Jan-22

BULELK1's embedded Photo
BULELK1's embedded Photo
Another bull off my FAV LE unit, a pinch closer to the Colorado border/201 unit on that side.

No Spike hunting and 'Lesser Unit' logic! haha

She did just fine-------->

Good luck, Robb

31-Jan-22
Fantastic bull!

31-Jan-22
I’m in again. Hopelessly. Double digit points anf I doubt I draw a dang thing

31-Jan-22
Is it a sure thing on the changes? I was going to wait to apply til late Feb because this year I have to buy a license.

31-Jan-22
At least I get to apply and not draw squat, on my current license.

Thanks for the info, Robb!

01-Feb-22
Oh, come on!!

'Ya Gotta Believe'

tx I think you might have to spend the $72 next year buddy-------> Sorry

Good luck, Robb

01-Feb-22
Donation made.

06-Feb-22

07-Feb-22
Kinda comical but most of my non-ressy bud's/gal's I've talked with are going to wait to apply until the results of the big Expo get posted in case, they draw one of those tags from the Expo $5 tags to enter, as they are coming out to Validate.

Me too----> haha

Good luck, Robb

22-Feb-22
I'm a pinch superstitious so I waited until today 02/22/2022 to finish my appl's in my home state.

Quite a few of the Elk units that are 5 1/2 year old age objective have had more 7 1/2 year old's harvested so up to 30% tag increase is expected in those type units.

I'm on another 5-year waiting period for drawing LE Bull ( drawn 3 times same unit of course!) so it's Henry Mountain Buck and my DD- Desert Ram.

Just another point for Gen Deer (19 pts currently)

Good luck, Robb

22-Feb-22
I’ve got 20 elk points now. Will probably burn points in about 3-5 yrs when fully retired and can spend a few weeks or longer on the hunt. I will try to find one of the lesser desired units with the least number of consecutive species or weapon hunts going at the same time. Going for more of an enjoyable hunt instead of focusing on inches.

22-Feb-22
Robb 19 general deer points????

22-Feb-22
I just became an official UT resident last month. Can I at least buy resident pp point right now?

22-Feb-22
Ya glad I also avoided the back to back license fees.

22-Feb-22

22-Feb-22
Scrappy yes you can buy points. They're not specific to your residency status.

22-Feb-22
Donated my $120 in Utah application fees today. Will have 18 elk, deer and moose points and 14 for everything else after I’m unsuccessful.

22-Feb-22

bowhunter1's embedded Photo
bowhunter1's embedded Photo
I used my mule deer points last year , I am still a couple of points away to get the elk unit I would like Tom

23-Feb-22
Yeah Walt, 19 going in with 20 Gen deer points when they post the new point totals.

9 LE deer points and I doubt to draw Henry's buck so 10 pts after they post the new point totals.

So, if they Combine the Preference Gen Deer Points with the LE Deer Bonus points, I think I read some one saying maybe in 2023???

I will go into the first combined point draw year with 30 Bonus points.

Years ago, I started getting a point and just picking up a Leftover Bow Buck tag and getting my Ethics Course done to hunt our Wasatch Front into the end of November.

I think it was last year that if ya got a Leftover tag you lost your points. Screw that!!

So, No more loop-hole bow buck for free points anymore ~~ haha

I've answered all the PM's.

Yes for $600.00--ish you might just as well come out and bow hunt some of the LE Bow Bull units on the same bow Spike/cow tag and get to know the LE unit ya like the best as ya already have the $72.00 license.

Good luck, Robb

24-Feb-22

BULELK1's embedded Photo
BULELK1's embedded Photo
For those that have reach out to me......

Enjoy,

Robb

24-Feb-22

BULELK1's embedded Photo
BULELK1's embedded Photo
Okie-Dokie---------->

26-Feb-22
Just donated another $120 to the cause….fingers crossed!

01-Mar-22
Getting down to crunch time to apply for any tags before it goes to apply for points only.

I've answered plenty of all the PM's and text questions I have received.

Some of the 'Handles' I've never even seen before! glad to be of help on suggestions or answering specific questions.

'Ya Gotta Believe'

Good luck, Robb

01-Mar-22
Robb, are they really going to combine the general deer points and limited? That's the first I've heard of that.

01-Mar-22
Donated to the lost cause… Utah is a tough one!

19-Mar-22

BULELK1's Link
Here ya go Brett

Item #5

Final Decision or not?

Good luck, Robb

19-Mar-22
Here we go! UT is next to play with points. It never ends.

19-Mar-22
Thanks Robb. That would certainly give my overall deer points a big boost but so will everyone else.

19-Mar-22
Before long, UT will have you hunting with a spear and sling (item 2 on the list)...

20-Mar-22
I think it would certainly increase the Deer point pool in the Non-Ressy catagory, not very much in the Ressy group of combined deer points, Brett.

So many more 'apply, apply, apply' for points in the Non-Ressy pool with being able to apply for Every Species.

They certainly are trying to put the 'Hunt' back into hunting, HDE.

Having hunting skills and woodsman ship instead of technology and long range everything......harvesting with the aid of T-cameras and bait..

I just go with the flow on what is dealt me by rule changes, if any-- ect.

I'm thinking about going down for the meeting.

Good luck, Robb

20-Mar-22
^^^^ but what UT is doing on technology and "putting the hunt back into hunting" is ludicrous. The term 'Luddite' comes to mind...

20-Mar-22
Utah has been picking on the archery hunters ever since SFW got hold of the Wildlife Board. What other western state gives the most tags and the peak of the elk rut to rifle hunters?? We had an archery 301 hunt for a few years where 300 archery elk tags were available for several of our mid tier LE units…. That got eliminated for no biological reason. Statewide archery taken away… again for no real biological reason. Now technology bans taken from archery (bait and Trail cams) hunters, those because of a legislator who was responding to an outspoken group of disgruntled rifle hunters who felt it was unfair and not fair chase. DWR chose not to rule on these issues but turned to Wildlife Board to make the rulings. These rulings have been made in the guise of protecting our dwindling deer herds. If they were serious about helping our deer herds they would reduce the technology used by the highest success rate hunts which are muzzy and rifle hunts. I know of guys that routinely kill animals from 400 yards with Muzzleloader and out to 1000 yards with their turreted phone app rifles and 32 power scopes.

21-Mar-22
I never did understand why they got rid of the AR301 bow hunt.

I never would have gone back into the LE Elk point pool again.

I made a mistake 1 year and applied with a buddy out of San Diego and we found out later that we went into the Non-ressy draw pool-----> I never did that again! haha

Like I've stated many times over the years, If I don't like the changes any certain state makes, then I don't apply there anymore, pretty simple decision.

Good luck, Robb

• Sitka Gear