smarba 14-Mar-22
groundhunter50 14-Mar-22
KHNC 14-Mar-22
APauls 14-Mar-22
FORESTBOWS 14-Mar-22
28-Jan-22

FORESTBOWS 's embedded Photo
Any interest in spot and stalk Audad hunts. Lots of sheep. Free range. Cost under 5,000$

28-Jan-22

28-Jan-22
I'd love to shoot an Aoudad! But it would be a shame to not get a half mount done on such a beautiful animal and I wouldn't be, so...

28-Jan-22
Where are the hunts?

28-Jan-22
North Texas

29-Jan-22
Have you gotten any pictures of Aoudad you have taken?

29-Jan-22
No

29-Jan-22
I would be interested. What are the details? Guided, unguided?

29-Jan-22

Tracker's embedded Photo
Tracker's embedded Photo
I have down two free range bow hunts in TX. Lots of fun and one of my favorite mounts.

29-Jan-22
Forrest. Like North Texas in the palo duro area or north Texas as in Dallas and a little bit west?

29-Jan-22
Palo duro

30-Jan-22
What are the accommodations and dates Forrest?

07-Feb-22
Yes.

13-Feb-22
You’d do a heck of a lot better going further south and west of the Palo Duro area.

13-Feb-22
He's right. This place sucks!

14-Feb-22

BULELK1's embedded Photo
BULELK1's embedded Photo
+1 Tracker

They do make real nice mounts

Good luck, Robb

14-Feb-22

BULELK1's embedded Photo
BULELK1's embedded Photo
Different Angle

14-Feb-22

14-Feb-22
What are those other 2 mounts? Very nice by the way

14-Feb-22
Great mount Forest! My wife has been bugging me to kill a Ewe to go alongside my Ram.

14-Feb-22

15-Feb-22
1 more 1/4 turn FB!!

Nice,

Robb

15-Feb-22
Forrest, Why dont you take the time to post ALL the details and location? Instead of a 2 or 3 word half sentence comment. Palo Duro is a beautiful area to hunt. Thats where i killed my Ram a few years ago too. Rifle hunt though. I read this full thread and still have no idea of the details of your hunts.

15-Feb-22
Wow, those do make beautiful mounts! Looks like a great hunt Slate!

15-Feb-22
How are they for eating ?

15-Feb-22
Pretty sure even the coyotes will barely eat an Auodad.

15-Feb-22

Slate's embedded Photo
Slate's embedded Photo
All these sheep where 31 inches and better. Chinati Range is known for quality trophy size.

16-Feb-22
The hunts are in West Texas not North Texas but still nice aoudad.

16-Feb-22
Damn nice Team Slate!

Dual mount looks great FB------> turned up

Congrats,

Robb

16-Feb-22
I'd bet everything those aren't bow kills.

16-Feb-22
Those are great kills. I personally don't care what they were shot with. Congratulations

16-Feb-22
If a corn-flinger is involved, no need to question the weapon as distance is not a factor in most cases.

16-Feb-22
I must be missing something because i have no idea where this is going. Im just envious of those awesome audad

16-Feb-22
No clue why the thread took a turn south but I was just in West Texas chasing aoudad and what a hunt! The outfit I ran with advised against bowhunting but I still had a bow the first few days. Finally I caught up with the ram I was after and the wind was too much for an archery shot. I was able to harvest a great ram but will be looking at a bow only hunt for my next ram! Super fun animals to chase with an ability to hunt in my Missouri off season.

17-Feb-22
I have shot 3 with a bow. Tuff hunt for sure.

17-Feb-22
My sister's husband's family owns a big ranch on the south side of the Palo Duro Canyon. I flew over it about 20 years ago to go down there and it was beautiful.

17-Feb-22
Some fine looking animals. How are they eating-wise?

17-Feb-22
They are not good. Backstraps in the crock pot are ok if your dieing and There is nothing to eat.

17-Feb-22
Hope you didn't take my post about where in Texas as knock. I was just being picky on location.

They are beautiful animals and can be very challenging to hunt. Best of luck with your endeavor Forestbows.

17-Feb-22
I've been told they make excellent dog food!

17-Feb-22
Id be surprised if your dog would eat it. After 3 days of fresh kills lying in the open desert, not one coyote even took a bite on one. A buzzard finally showed on day 4.

17-Feb-22
You guys are crazy, Barbary meat is tough as a board, but as ground it's awesome burger. Literally awesome.

18-Feb-22
Aoudad taste just like pronghorn I’d never ever consider leaving the meat behind!

18-Feb-22
Yeah but fubar, I've had people tell me pronghorn is no good too! With proper meat care (keep clean, get cooled ASAP) everything I've gotten has been good: pronghorn, javelina, mountain lion, black bear, Barbary sheep, ibex, feral hog...

Some meat and cuts may be tough, but that's what a grinder is for!

18-Feb-22
I cut the backstraps up on mine last night to freeze and was surprised about how tough they are after a week of aging. I will report back if I find a great way to cook them!

18-Feb-22
Fubar and Smarba I’ll give you each half of my next Barbary no cost except report back to us when you’ve eaten it all. Not including grinding it and mixing in other meat or bacon to make it edible.

19-Feb-22
Sounds like a job for the crockpot and plenty of seasoning.

19-Feb-22
It is all tough, even backstraps. But all I do is grind and add 5% beef suet, same as I do to any game meat that I want to use as burger. The flavor is milder than most game meat IMO. We eat a lot of burger since it's so versatile. Barbary is seriously one meat I don't hesitate to share with friends as burger because it's so mild flavor. And this is from a history of 9 sheep for me and a few from my daughter, plus other close friends. Rifle kills all, so no pics here.

Quinn if you can figure out how to get me the meat I'll take it, assuming it's been properly taken care of in the field.

14-Mar-22
HAAAA!!!!! Sad, but true.

14-Mar-22
Ted Nugent on Spirit of the Wild , shoots them all the time, he raves about the back strap barbecue,,,,,,

14-Mar-22
Well, Ted is a known idiot too. :)

14-Mar-22
Have sales picked up since Troy's thread at all? Looks like a great time!!

14-Mar-22
I don't know. I was just helping a young guy out. He's a good kid, and a good hunter. I'm sure he will get a few calls.

• Sitka Gear