Shiras42 31-Jan-22
Zebrakiller 31-Jan-22
SBH 31-Jan-22
SBH 31-Jan-22
t-roy 31-Jan-22
rattling_junkie 31-Jan-22
30-Jan-22

SBH's Link
Thought you guys might enjoy this short clip. Two big boars and a hot sow in the area made for a fun night. I thought the bigger bear was gonna kill him for a second there! This was taken on a Sask hunt in 2019.

First time posting video so let me know if it doesn't work. Turn up the volume, the noise they make is incredible.

30-Jan-22
Very cool!!

30-Jan-22
Been there done that…: Fighting over a hot piece I mean.. Cool video

30-Jan-22
Great video Matt

30-Jan-22
Been there done that…: Fighting over a hot piece I mean.. Cool video

30-Jan-22
Saw a sow kill a yearling near a bait. She must have thought her cubs were in danger. poor yearling seemed dumbfounded, didn’t know what to do,.

30-Jan-22
I watched a giant sow and a big boar fight over her cub. Nasty battle and VERY loud. She got away with the cub but both her and the boar were bleeding pretty bad.

30-Jan-22
Hey Matt.

Thx for sharing buddy.

On a very still night, I was waiting for my pick up. Had my eyes closed and just relaxed back, even though I was to be the last pick up, some 45-50 mins after dark.

These same exact sounds took place right below me. Holy crap!

Rutting boars are a force to be reckoned with.

Then one bumps my ladder stand!

Best sound all night was the pick up truck arriving.

31-Jan-22
Rite! Those sounds are incredible. So glad I got to go up there and experience that. The smaller bear in that video was still probably an 18" plus type boar. I had him on my steps a couple times earlier that afternoon and I have a funny video of him playing with a practice arrow I shot when I got in the tree. See if I can get that one uploaded here shortly.

31-Jan-22
Did you end up getting the bigger of those 2? Cool video!

31-Jan-22
love it when it happens when you are on ground 15 yards from them it makes you think.

31-Jan-22

SBH's embedded Photo
SBH's embedded Photo
Shiras, I sure did! Was able to run a sharp pointed object thru him at 8 yards.

31-Jan-22

SBH's Link
When I get in the tree I always shoot a practice arrow. I picked a stump about 12 yards away and made a good shot and settled in for the sit. This is the smaller of the two that fought. He came in and spent about 2 hours with me at the bait. He tried to come up my tree twice in that time. He ended up finding that practice arrow:) Fun watching bear be a bear. Hard to beat that entertainment.

31-Jan-22
Great videos, Matt! Some great entertainment while in the stand, for sure!

31-Jan-22
That's awesome!

• Sitka Gear