Pat Lefemine 05-Feb-22
30-Jan-22

Pat Lefemine's embedded Photo
Pat Lefemine's embedded Photo
Pretty cool pic from my coyote bait in NY

30-Jan-22
Very cool pic, thanks.

30-Jan-22
That is very neat. I have them visit my farm every year, but no pictures. Such beautiful birds, congrats.

30-Jan-22
Very cool picture! One of the many reasons I love game cameras right there, never know what you might see. Eagles are doing very well in my area now, thankfully.

30-Jan-22
Neat pic! Bald eagles are getting to be very common, here in Iowa. Pretty neat what shows up in front of the trail cams, when I set one up on the carcass pile. Several different hawk species, bald eagles, a couple of golden eagles, and even an osprey.

30-Jan-22
Dumped a few goose carcasses in front of a camera two years ago and...

30-Jan-22
We have them in Ohio too Pat...8^) There's an active nest about 2 or 3 miles from me only about 150 yards off a state route, been active 4 or 5 years now... Drove by there on Thursday and both parents were atop the nest, guessing house clean for a new clutch... Then on my way to work this morning 3 miles the other direction was a pair roosted along a the Tuscarawas River in fairly small trees less than a hundred years from I77... That is the 4th time I've seen them there in the past month, am guessing there may be a new nest in that area too... I keep looking at the treetops in the area for new nest construction but nothing so far...

31-Jan-22
We have eagles etc. around here but never dreamed of catching one on a trail camera - cool!

31-Jan-22
I live on a river in NW Ohio. I took a pronghorn this summer in South Dakota. I had only deboned the goat and brought him home in a cooler. About halfway through butchering the meat I took the scraps out to the river. With the water summertime low I was able to take it out quite a way and deposited it on a rock ledge. I went back to finish my work and when I brought the last of the scraps to the river there were 3 Bald Eagles and an Osprey out there and the meat was gone.

31-Jan-22
Years back I shot a buck at 10am. I came back at 2:30pm and found it. THere was deep snow and not a varmint track in the snow. Scared some baldies off the carcass and half the deer was gone. Literally half. Ass and guts were vaporized.

31-Jan-22
I saw my first Bald Eagle here in Iowa back in 1988 perched on a limb over the Des Moines river. I was 17. Had never saw one prior to that. I stopped the car and took a long look at it figuring I would never lay eyes on one again. Now they are everywhere. Pretty cool.

31-Jan-22
One was just caught on film killing and eating a seagull in Central Park NYC. All over the local news stations.

01-Feb-22
There are two eagle nests real close to my house. We really have lots of eagles on the Eastern Shore of Maryland.

01-Feb-22
Several years ago I shot a doe with my bow. She ran off hard hit & I heard her go down. She was acting odd & it was the rut so I thought I would sit a while & see what might be following her. Shortly after a lone bald eagle sailed over & landed in a tree about 100 yards from where I was certain the doe went down. Well a while turned to a couple hours when the bucks started coming past on her trail. I finally got down to trail her & found she wasn’t where I thought. I followed her into some open birches & tall grass. I was startled when an eagle jumped up just feet in front of me. Sure enough that eagle had tore the crap out of her. Ripped open the guts & destroyed a hind quarter. The odds of that eagle flying over just then & the amount of damage still amaze me.

01-Feb-22
Those eagles have learned to camp out at the mouths of small steelhead streams on the North Shore of Lake Superior. They kill nearly every steelhead that attempts to go in or out of the stream in daylight hours. I often find fish with talon marks & only the gills pecked out. I’ve had them try to grab steelhead when I was fighting them. Had one grab several walleyes & smallies on my line one day this summer.

02-Feb-22
Got a few around here,,,always see them flying over the Barge Canal and Lake Delta.

03-Feb-22
When I was a kid we rabbit hunted on an old timers place. He was a bachelor living in an old rundown house and always had a story or two. He liked to say when he was a kid there were coyotes and skyotes. They treated them both the same.

We have a decent amount here in CO. This time of year I see them around the farms cleaning up geese fairly often.

04-Feb-22
Glunt - Okay, I get the "yoke" part, so what's a "skyoke"?

04-Feb-22

Errorhead's embedded Photo
I got a picture similar to that a few years ago.

05-Feb-22
Cool photo, gives perspective how huge they really are next to a Redtailed hawk...

05-Feb-22
Awesome Photo!

• Sitka Gear