Guardian hunter 03-Feb-22
Buffalo1 03-Feb-22
Frenchman 03-Feb-22
Bake 03-Feb-22
wildwilderness 03-Feb-22
scndwfstlhntng 06-Feb-22
03-Feb-22

Frenchman's embedded Photo
My first ever kill in Namibia - klipspringer - was not on my bucket list- but it came to water first!
My first ever kill in Namibia - klipspringer - was not on my bucket list- but it came to water first!
Saw an advertised hunt on the web about a archery cull hunt in Namibia - anyone here has ever done such? Cull hunts allow for lots of arrow releases, cheaper bill at the end, and great fun after you have most trophies on the wall already... Done several in South Africa in the past - but that would be a great excuse for a second trip to Namibia!

03-Feb-22

Saw an advertised hunt on the web about a archery cull hunt in Namibia - anyone here has ever done such? Cull hunts allow for lots of arrow releases, cheaper bill at the end, and great fun after you have most trophies on the wall already... Done several in South Africa in the past - but that would be a great excuse for a second trip to Namibia!

03-Feb-22
apologies for double post

03-Feb-22
Go for it

03-Feb-22
What is cull about that klippie? Very nice trophy ! Congrats

03-Feb-22
The Klip was no cull - gold medal - but wouldn't mind going back to Namibia for the experience and to shoot arrows at females, crooked males, small warthogs, etc. Hence my search for a cull hunt...

03-Feb-22
So where did you kill that Klippie?! I would LOVE one!

03-Feb-22
I didn't think I would care about the little antelope till I saw a bunch of steenbok- now I would love to get the Tiny 10!!

06-Feb-22
Cull hunting is a real opportunity, but needs to be understood for what is. It is a trip that focuses on a much less expensive way to enjoy a lot of nontrophy shooting. Presumably the carcasses are used for local use or commercial meat sales to the benefit of the host’s bottom line. Usually the parts (skins, meat, horns etc )are not claimed by the hunter / shooter or even exportable. Whether other animals at usual trophy fees are available OR expected is a conversation with the ranch owner and should be clearly established before the trip. Be clear, offering cull hunts is not just to get free labor out of you. The time and effort to take out excess livestock can more efficiently be done by a sharpshooter than a Bowhunter. That said, it is a very good opportunity for the right person in the right place

• Sitka Gear