LBshooter 12-Feb-22
Thornton 12-Feb-22
Zbone 13-Feb-22
WV Mountaineer 13-Feb-22
09-Feb-22

standswittaknife's Link
damn....

09-Feb-22
I saw this! What was her weapon when she empty the gun and I was surprise the Moose stay around for whole hour. Bad shooting Hey!

09-Feb-22
By the picture looks like she missed

09-Feb-22

JL's embedded Photo
JL's embedded Photo
This is a pic of the moose with the poor dogs at the moose's mercy. Either she was under-gunned or a piss-poor shot. I can see a new reg coming for all mushers to take a gun course prior to mushing.

09-Feb-22
Don't see any blood on moose, dogs or the ground. I guess it would be good to carry something bigger than a 22. Article doesn't mention what caliber she shot the moose with. Surprised the moose didn't kill the dogs, they are mean when they want to be.

09-Feb-22
Don't see any blood on moose, dogs or the ground. I guess it would be good to carry something bigger than a 22. Article doesn't mention what caliber she shot the moose with. Surprised the moose didn't kill the dogs, they are mean when they want to be.

10-Feb-22
One of the comments to the article seemed to indicate she was using a .380, although I have no idea if that is true. If I were in the AK backcountry, I would carry a revolver with a caliber starting with no less than 4

10-Feb-22
Yup you can’t just carry a gun and expect to use it for defense without getting proficient especially with a little mouse gun. No doubt have a 10mm with 16 rounds if I lived there.

10-Feb-22
I read an article that said she had a .380. A .380 is only enough gun to make a moose more angry.

10-Feb-22
My guess is she never even touched the moose.

10-Feb-22
I’m gonna with moose was never touch. If it was, that BB gun of a 380 didn’t do much if anything besides anger it. I agree with the above comment of a wheel gun with the first number no less than a 4

12-Feb-22

standswittaknife's Link
Guess they killed the moose and the dogs are going to make it..

12-Feb-22
A 380? Can't be that stupid, can she?

12-Feb-22
A 380? Can't be that stupid, can she?

12-Feb-22
Looks like the dogs decided to assume a state of submission. Smart dogs.

13-Feb-22
"A 380?"

Well a few years ago, a video went viral of a very similar moose incident when a big cow moose charged a snowmobiler, and the dude hit it one time at very close range and dropped it like a ton of bricks graveyard dead with one shot... If I remember right it was only .40 S&W.... Be willing to bet if ya hit one with just a .22 LR in the head, it's kill it... She was probably just body shooting it... For an animal that size ya must aim for the head...

13-Feb-22
Yeah. I think we’ve all come to the reality that central nervous system shots are the key on charging animals intent to do harm. A 22 would indeed kill one if hit correctly. But, I’ll error on the bigger side. As common sense insists.

• Sitka Gear