Contributors to this thread:
Panther Bone 12-Feb-22
Dale06 12-Feb-22
bigeasygator 12-Feb-22
Straight Shooter 12-Feb-22
bigeasygator 12-Feb-22
KHNC 14-Feb-22
12-Feb-22
I’m looking for recommendations on a NM elk outfitter. Budget would be $8k.

12-Feb-22
I would guess the good ones are booked for 2022. I’m going on private land, outfitted, and was booked full last fall.

12-Feb-22
Are you attempting to draw a tag or is that $8k supposed to include the tag too?

12-Feb-22
You have some time to make some calls and put in the draw with the outfitter. Outfitters will have openings in draw areas.

12-Feb-22
What Straight Shooter said x2. With that said, I doubt there are many elk hunts <$8k in NM if you don’t draw. Figure ~$6k for a week of outfitting services. That means you’d need to find a LO tag for $1-1.5k which I think is probably pretty unlikely.

With that said, I’ve hunted with GT Nunn and Frontier Outfitting multiple times and definitely recommend them.

14-Feb-22
Gila & Apache outfitters are one of the best out there. Michael Delao is the owner. He hunts the Gila NF. Probably charging 10k by now. Landowner tags are over 15k in the Gila now as well. Odds are 1% or worse to draw the Gila. If you ever do, it will be a great hunt. Ive never hunt with G&A, but met the owner a couple times in Reserve. They kill some monsters!

• Sitka Gear