milnrick 15-Feb-22
Jasper 15-Feb-22
hunt forever 05-Sep-22
milnrick 05-Sep-22
hunt forever 06-Sep-22
hunt forever 06-Sep-22
milnrick 06-Sep-22
14-Feb-22
Looking for a Rio and javelina hunt in Texas this spring. I understand Brushy Hill has mostly hogs and not many javelinas but a Rio is my #1 goal anyway. Anyone hunted here that can provide a review? Prices seem very reasonable. Also, anyone have contact info for RK? I can’t seem to find him and hear he’s a good Texas resource. Thanks! John

14-Feb-22
Check reviews on Texas Bowhunter. Lots of info there.

15-Feb-22
Jasper

You can check Brushy Hill at the Lonestar Bowhunter website. They've been holding their annual GRUNTS N GOBBLES hunt .

The keys to remember about Brushy Hill are

Its "almost DIY" meaning bring your bedding, food, and transportation .

It's "semi-guided" meaning the ranch manager runs a "feed route" once or twice a day.

If you want a Rio locate one or two of the many pecan groves... that's where we found them before.

Javelina and hogs were best at sunset where game trails crossed the feed route.

15-Feb-22
Good stuff Rick, thanks much! How’s the turkey population there? Did y’all see many javelina? I emailed them and Ava said they didn’t have many, but plenty of hogs. I have hogs here in Georgia but have never killed a javelina. Thanks again, God bless!

05-Sep-22
Has anyone hunted the ranch this year?

05-Sep-22
I haven't been to Brushy Hill in a few years.... but have taken javelina and Rios there numerous times.

That said. Yiu can also see if you can track down RK, he can help you find javelina in South Central TX; otherwise if you're looking for Rios, javelina and hogs, look at Jerry at Perdernal Bowhunts in Laredo TX.

He's often on the Texasbowhunter site.

06-Sep-22
Who's RK?

06-Sep-22
Who's RK?

06-Sep-22
Check for PM

• Sitka Gear